Mulroney Speech About Crown Corps.

Here is a speech Mulroney made about how well the Crown Corps are doing now that they are private.

Hint Air Canada just exited bankruptcy protection and almost went under. However having gone private upper management over the years walked away with great sums of bonus money!

And Canadair is now Bombardier! Yes that Bombardier that the government keeps pouring money into! We might as well kept them as a Crown Corp.

Want a good laugh here is Mulroney's speech were he talked about selling Crown Corps!!!!

http://www.ida.ca/Files/Media/AnnualConf/2...eySpeech_en.pdf

Deregulation and privatization were also hallmarks of the Conservative government.We deregulated major industries, including financial services, and we privatized dozens of crown corporations, including Teleglobe, Air Canada, Canadair and part of Petro-Canada taking over 90,000 people off the federal payroll.Consider Canadair, which absorbed federal dollars like a sponge and which employed4,000 people when we privatized it.Largely as a result of this privatization, Bombardier is now extremely profitable and has become the third largest civil aviation company in the world, while Montreal is the world’s second largest aerospace centre after Seattle. Bombardier Aerospace employs37,000 people worldwide, including 15,000 in Quebec. That’s what privatization, and a balanced policy of development for all of Canada’s regions has done for Canada.

Yes really Brian just wonderful!!!!! :angry:

Remember? The deficit of $38.5 billion was nearly 9% of GDP, the largest in history. The federal debt had increased by 1,100% under the Trudeau administration. Shortterm interest rates had recently peaked at 22.75%. Program spending had soared to $1.23 for every dollar collected. And the interventionist, confiscatory policies of Ottawa– from FIRA to the NEP to the PGRT – sent all the wrong messages to the investment community.

When we left office nine years later, the federal government was in an operating surplus and the deficit as a percentage of GDP had been reduced by one-third, despite the deep recession of 1990-1991. Program pending had been slashed to 97 cents for every dollar of revenues. The prime rate was at 6%, the lowest in 20 years. The inflation rate was 1.5%, the lowest in 30 years, and the United Nations had just reported that, in terms of quality of life, Canada was number one in the world. A new Canada had begun to emerge – more open, more confident.

Liberal interventionist policies were replaced by the Free Trade Agreement with the United States, and later the NAFTA with Mexico; the GST; deregulation, privatization

and the reform of financial services which demolished the pillars that were obstacles to growth.

Oh Mulroney....now why did you go and do that.....were you trying to make a better Canada..if you were, that's not allowed! :rolleyes:

PS - You posted the WHOLE article, so I'm going to pick it apart just like you.

Mulroney was one of the greatest prime ministers of all time. It's too bad most Canadians are blind to that.

Thanks for the article though, always looking for a good Mulroney speach.

Liberal interventionist policies were replaced by the Free Trade Agreement with the United States, and later the NAFTA with Mexico; the GST; deregulation, privatization

and the reform of financial services which demolished the pillars that were obstacles to growth.

Free trade has not done Canadian workers any favours.

The agreement Mulroney made with the USA just sold off Canadian resources and any control we had.

Mulroney was the worst without exception.

What is the point Cageratler ? Because mulrony Was a crook we should allow a bunch of crooked Liberals ?

Just stop trying ? Give up and allow the Countrys purse To be Robbed ?

I think the point is to distract you from Liberal corruption by dredging up every old, tired allegation he can find, either about Mulroney or Harris, or, God knows, no doubt he'll start shrilly complaining about Diefenbaker or something.

You notice he ISN'T talking about the corruption from his own party. And while nothing has yet been proven, the allegations are worse than any ever heard about Mulroney.

You notice he ISN'T talking about the corruption from his own party. And while nothing has yet been proven, the allegations are worse than any ever heard about Mulroney.

Only in the eyes of a CON servative!!!!!!

Mulroney drove up the debt more than Trudeau did and more than Chretien did!

That is a fact!

I'm not trying to detract anybody! That would be impposible with so many nit picking frenzy feeding CON servatives around.

I'm just trying to point out to you CON servative lovers that their record isn't perfect either like most of you seem to think.

Seems your o.k. with ranting about Liberals but man you get upset when someone talks about CON servatives.

TOO BAD. I'm here to do the same thing you people are doing so hang on to your hats!

The difference is I won't be going on hearsay and speculation I deal with the truth and facts!!!

I find CON servatives cannot handle the truth and the facts! :angry:

CAGERATTLER: I'm not taking you or your post seriously any more because of the childish spelling of conservative. I'm not just picking on the spelling on my party, It distracts from the maturity of the forums if any parties name is misspelled intentionally (Lieberal, Fiberal, etc.).

If you want to be taken seriously, then act it.

CAGERATTLER: I'm not taking you or your post seriously any more because of the childish spelling of conservative. I'm not just picking on the spelling on my party, It distracts from the maturity of the forums if any parties name is misspelled intentionally (Lieberal, Fiberal, etc.).

If you want to be taken seriously, then act it.

Pot calling kettle black.

For months we have been seeing the Liberal party's name abused. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. If you had any real scruples you would not have found a need to add the childishly corrupted Liberal name.

The conservative name was not even mispelled; just a little play on name with capitalization.\

ps. Mulroney should crawl back under his rock.

ps. Mulroney should crawl back under his rock.

caesar, have a little sensitivity for someone who is seriously ill.

Like Trudeau, Mulroney led this country. I didn't like Trudeau direction but I do afford him the respect of his efforts. Mulroney attempted to unify this country under one constitution. He failed, but at least he had the courage and vision to try.

This is much different than trying to buy elections for the purpose of staying in power and then not steering the ship. What has been the Liberal agenda for the last 15 years? The only thing that comes to mind is staying in power. They consistently went to early elections to catch the opposition in change. They never had a mandate or agenda and have only allowed a slow degeneration of our quality of life. They did achieve undermining international confidence in the credibility of our political systems. Shame.

I do separate individuals with different views but are in government to serve and the corrupt power brokers in the Liberal party.

It is the intention to defraud us the taxpayers that angers me and should anger people of all political stripes.

I cheer on the NDP to become a credible party. I think we would be better served having a left of center and right of center principled party system. The Liberals brokerage politics undermines any confidence. They run on the polls and they stay in power by influence peddling. Does that not make even there own members sick.

Rant done but after reflecting on the serious nature of the charges being laid at the Gomery Commission the current government is making Nixon look like a good leader.

Unlike Mulroney he lead us where we didn't want to go. Not just my opinion; Trudeau ,made the top of the list of favorite Canadians; Mulroney made the top of most disliked.

MULRONEY HAD NO SENSITIVITY TOWARDS ORDINARY CITIZENS. However, I do not gloat over any of his health problems but unlike us regular citizens; he will get quick care. Just fade away. The voters gave him their verdict after his resignation but nearly sending the Conservative party into never never land.

However, I do not gloat over any of his health problems but unlike us regular citizens; he will get quick care.
\

He will get that quick service from the province with the most private options for healthcare in Canada. Would you argue that Quebec is a right wing province?

The PCs got tossed for good reason and now it is time to toss the Liberals.

Unlike Mulroney he lead us where we didn't want to go.
You mean like into free trade? Which he won an election on?
MULRONEY HAD NO SENSITIVITY TOWARDS ORDINARY CITIZENS.
Unlike Chretien. Seems to me the one time Chretien came face to face with an ordinary citizen, a small, unemployed guy, he strangled him and broke his glasses.

There's concern for you.

Seems to me the one time Chretien came face to face with an ordinary citizen, a small, unemployed guy, he strangled him and broke his glasses.

The pushed his way past the R.C.M.P. bodyguards was Chretien suppose to stand there and take the chance of getting knifed.

It is really funny how you think the Liberals should just sit back and take it.

You are unbelieveable you really are!

Seems to me the one time Chretien came face to face with an ordinary citizen, a small, unemployed guy, he strangled him and broke his glasses.

The pushed his way past the R.C.M.P. bodyguards was Chretien suppose to stand there and take the chance of getting knifed.

It is really funny how you think the Liberals should just sit back and take it.

You are unbelieveable you really are!

In your bizarro version of the world, perhaps. Everyone else say Chretien charge off away from the direction his bodyguards were clearing for him, charge AT the little guy, grab him by the throat when he didn't move aside (breaking his glasses), strangle him, and throw him out of his way.