Castro: Cuba is Heaven on Earth

August1991

. He lost about 30-40,000 dollars because of cuban red tape,as im sure we could of saved the boat if they would of let us

He lost that money because he was foolish and did not have insurance. He was his own worst enemy. And falling asleep at the helm. He should be in big trouble; he could have damaged another boat or caused a more serious accident. No sympathy for stupidity.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would I want to read the same propaganda as you??? I have friends (police officer) and my brother (a rancher) who have been to Cuba in the last year or two. The majority of people are quite happy. So what if a few criminals try to escape Cuba's justice system and go to the USA.

Keep a civil finger on your keyboard eh. You are the one that is brain washed.

Do you have evidence to suggest that all the migrants leaving Cuba are Criminals?

It's ok if you want to use the CIA factbook.........

Cuba looked to me like fertile land , the part i was in had like small mountains and hills and looked like it would be good for farming (but im not a farmer).

and there was alot of lobsters as cubans was diveing with no air tank and getting some to give tourist . and seemed to be lots there .

I just don't think Cuba should be as poor as it is . Jump over a couple islands to puerta rico (stopped there on way home) and it looks like florida developed and looked like economy ok . And land and stuff did not look any better . Curacao was a wealthy island under the dutch system and they looked almost resourceless to me .

The comunist party i think was taking most the wealth ,so normal people just gave up trying to make things better .

Ill bet comunist party workers got more then 10 dollars a month!

Ill bet they are aloud in resterants and on beaches .

I do beleave Cubans are good hearted people from what i seen though . It makes me wonder if poverty and liveing a restricted life don't sometimes bring out the best in people. Alot of very friendly good people there .

My sister went there a year or 2 ago and she met a family and she plans to go back every year or so to visit them. very friendly pleasant people in most cases .

Do you have evidence to suggest that all the migrants leaving Cuba are Criminals?

It's ok if you want to use the CIA factbook.........

No but check around Miami Beach and you will find a large portion are criminals that have come from Cuba. Castro encouraged and allowed them to go.

I just don't think Cuba should be as poor as it is . Jump over a couple islands to puerta rico (stopped there on way home) and it looks like florida developed and looked like economy ok . And land and stuff did not look any better . Curacao was a wealthy island under the dutch system and they looked almost resourceless to me .

The comunist party i think was taking most the wealth ,so normal people just gave up trying to make things better .

Ill bet comunist party workers got more then 10 dollars a month!

Cuba shouod be richer and would be if not for US sanctions and American tourists forbidden to visit Cuba.

• 2 weeks later...
caesar, why are all those Cubans risking their lives to come to America, through Shark infested waters on poorly made rafts?

Since Cuba is "safer" and has "public Healthcare", why would they go to America?

Here's an intresting sight you should read before you continue to make an ass of yourself:

Facts on Cuba

Why would they try to cross to America on poorly made rafts risking their lives?

Nah, it couldn't be because they are young foolish decendants of the former Cuban ruling class could it?

Nah, it couldn't be because they are promised economic benefits by the Amercian government to make the Castro regime look bad, could it?

I wonder how many of these people, are not of european decent? Probably none?

Why would they try to cross to America on poorly made rafts risking their lives?

Nah, it couldn't be because they are young foolish decendants of the former Cuban ruling class could it?

Nah, it couldn't be because they are promised economic benefits by the Amercian government to make the Castro regime look bad, could it?

Can you prove any of that? Nah :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I'm rather computer illiterate, otherwise I'd post a link but you might google this: "Immigration Law and the Racialization of Latina /Latino".

Other than that I'd just like to ask you to think rationally for a sacond. Do you think anybody, unless they had absolutely no choice would want to become an american if they were of african decent? Especially southern?

These are your words right? Prove it!

I'm sorry I'm rather computer illiterate, otherwise I'd post a link but you might google this: "Immigration Law and the Racialization of Latina /Latino".

All you have to do is use the above http:// button, then cut and paste the web address from your link and place it in the above "explorer user prompt" (which appears after you press the http:// button), then press ok.

After that, another prompt will appear but you can ignore it by pressing Ok......then contiune with your post.

Other than that I'd just like to ask you to think rationally for a sacond. Do you think anybody, unless they had absolutely no choice would want to become an american if they were of african decent? Especially southern?

Yes. I'd rather be a poor black person in the States than a poor black person in a war torn African nation. Thats said, I fail to see the point of this line of thinking......

So in a nut (no pun) shell, you think the Cuban boat people are risking their lives becase:

1. They are from the former "ruling class".

2. They are being "tricked" by the Americans to come to Cuba, to hurt Castro.

3. The ones that do come, are only white.

Now again, can you prove any of your claims? You cast a blanket statement, but refuse to back it up.....whats that suppose to lead people intrested in this thread to think?

That being said, I don't discount that some Cubans are political refuges, that some have dreams of political prosparity and that some Cuban boat people are infact white........

These are your words right? Prove it!

Unless I take you to the actual place how an I ever gonna prove to you exactly who these poeple are on the internet. Rationality sudgests that anyone who would want to leave a place with the necesity for life, to a place that does not provide that and has racist tendencies, is doing it for some sort of personal benefit.

Yes. I'd rather be a poor black person in the States than a poor black person in a war torn African nation. Thats said, I fail to see the point of this line of thinking......

Are we talking about Cuba or are we talking about Cuba? Either way you might take note that I metioned the words: "unless they had absolutely no choice". Allowing that some are criminals who have been released form prison by this horrible dictatorship do leave for America. Mind you in these aren't your steal a loaf of bread kind of 'criminals' that americans are used to :lol: .

So in a nut (no pun) shell, you think the Cuban boat people are risking their lives becase:

1. They are from the former "ruling class".

yes not technically, but they are the decendants of these feudalistic people, but yes.

2. They are being "tricked" by the Americans to come to Cuba, to hurt Castro.

No, not tricked they are treated much better that most other minorities in the US, hence the source I posted from Dayton University. After that, just think "why would they treat Cubans so much better?".

3. The ones that do come, are only white.

Now again, can you prove any of your claims? You cast a blanket statement, but refuse to back it up.....whats that suppose to lead people intrested in this thread to think?

That being said, I don't discount that some Cubans are political refuges, that some have dreams of political prosparity and that some Cuban boat people are infact white........

No not all, the vast majority.

Prove it! Or at the very least, make an attempt to.

Piss or get off the pot.......

Okay, those who speak of all these Cuban boat people; let's see some figures on the numbers. Are these pwople trying to escape Cuba anywhere near the numbers trying to sneak in from Mexico. Mexicans used some very dangerous methods to escape to the USA to work. It is mainly not for political reasons that they come; it is becasue of poverty. Many who have come from either country may be greatly disappointed that the USA is not the land of milk and honey that they have been lead to believe. That they will probably face racism is they are not caucasion and the jobs they can find are very low paying menial work. Even the Chines who were coming to BC in their old leaky ships were here for the money not due to political persecution.

I couldn't help it; I had to reply " perhaps you should get on the pot cause you are full of it"

Okay, those who speak of all these Cuban boat people; let's see some figures on the numbers.

Already posted a link a page or two back :rolleyes:

Are these pwople trying to escape Cuba anywhere near the numbers trying to sneak in from Mexico. Mexicans used some very dangerous methods to escape to the USA to work.

I don't know, perhaps you should start a topic on it........this one is about Cuba :rolleyes:

It is mainly not for political reasons that they come; it is becasue of poverty. Many who have come from either country may be greatly disappointed that the USA is not the land of milk and honey that they have been lead to believe. That they will probably face racism is they are not caucasion and the jobs they can find are very low paying menial work. Even the Chines who were coming to BC in their old leaky ships were here for the money not due to political persecution.

Agian, we are talking about Cuba.........do you have evidence to suggest that "many" Cubans become "disapointed" once they reach America?

I couldn't help it; I had to reply " perhaps you should get on the pot cause you are full of it"

Of the two of us caesar, who has problems supplying proof to their arguments?

On the Subject of who's "full of it".......remeber this post of yours?

caesar, are you quoting numbers giving by the CIA world fact book

Your quote:

caesar Posted on Feb 6 2005, 04:04 PM

Literacy: 

definition: age 15 and over can read and write

total population: 97%

male: 97.2%

female: 96.9% (2003 est.) 

From the CIA world fact book

Literacy: 

definition: age 15 and over can read and write

total population: 97%

male: 97.2%

female: 96.9% (2003 est.) 

Word for word...........Didn't you say:

caesar Posted on Feb 5 2005, 08:14 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Cuba has a statistical agency that just makes up numbers too

Sorry the numbers are by a USA CIA. The CIA has been known to fudge numbers and facts but not in Cuba's defense. 

But the CIA is handy when you want to prove a point eh?

That was priceless.......talking about the crediablity of the CIA, then using their numbers :lol:

I don't know, perhaps you should start a topic on it........this one is about Cuba 

What scared of the comparisons. Mexico is now a semi civilized country. I would bet there are many more people still trying to sneak into the USA from Mexico. They are trying to escape poverty not necessarily bad regimes. Prove the same doesn't hold true for Cuba.

What scared of the comparisons. Mexico is now a semi civilized country. I would bet there are many more people still trying to sneak into the USA from Mexico. They are trying to escape poverty not necessarily bad regimes. Prove the same doesn't hold true for Cuba.

So you are suggesting that poverty is perhaps a factor in people leaving Cuba? I never said it wasn't :rolleyes:

So since, as you suggest, poverty is a factor in Cuba, would that make it less of a "workers paradise" or a Heaven, if you will?

Gee what "proof" are you supplying. zilch; even your American CIA handbook has let you down eh

Second page of the topic, my first post in this thread.......

Stoker's first reply in this thread with proof.....

Also, my first bit of supporting evidence is in no way realted to the CIA........ :rolleyes:

Why is it though, that you condemed the CIA in a responce to August and Hugo (and now me) but you use them for evidence to support your "case"? :huh:

WageSlave Posted on Feb 20 2005, 05:03 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Stoker @ Feb 19 2005, 09:32 PM)

Prove it! Or at the very least, make an attempt to.

Grow a brain or put down the Ann Coulter. 

Personal insults now eh? Have you been over the forum rules yet?

Remeber though:

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -Socrates-

and your comment of piss or get off the pot deserved any better?????

How about pee or get off the pot? Is that better?

Stoker; You whine about a similar comment being a personal insult and get on your high horse. You are constantly demeaning others and giving out rude comments. You are a pot calling a kettle black.

How's asking for evidence to back-up a persons wild claims an insult? I could understand how somebody would be ticked off about having their BS called, but it's not an insult.

• 2 weeks later...