Dating sites

Topaz

On 8/28/2017 at 7:20 PM, Michael Hardner said:

My perception is that you are an older lady and finding some interest from younger men online.  My only advice is be sure of what you want, and be cautious.  I dated an older woman in that way, and we had a great relationship... but it was limited and could only go so far.  I was genuine and remain friends with my ladyfriend to this day, but many men online are dishonest and have hidden agendas.  Protect yourself emotionally, and physically and don't compromise.  Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Well, everyone on here knows when I wrote about my late hubby dying was 67 much too young like many, but I would never date online and I don't think I would date someone 67 or older than me because I wouldn't want to see another person die close to me. Maybe I'm over reacting but right now, but that's how I feel but at the same time I couldn't date someone when my sons are in their 40's. The thing is  I don't look my age and I could get away with being 55 instead of 65.  I'm just let fate of life take it course and I'm not planning doing anything right now its just too soon. I wonder how long it takes to deal with someone u had in your life for 48 years? Another point to me ,age is just another number and like u did find someone older than u and did have a relationship, do u mind if I ask what the ages were?

6 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Another point to me ,age is just another number and like u did find someone older than u and did have a relationship, do u mind if I ask what the ages were?

I was in my early 30s and she was (she said) in her late 40s.  But we were fast friends, attracted to each other and could talk all night and have fun doing anything.  It was limited, but it did teach me what a healthy relationship looks like and as I said we remained friends.

12 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I was in my early 30s and she was (she said) in her late 40s.  But we were fast friends, attracted to each other and could talk all night and have fun doing anything.  It was limited, but it did teach me what a healthy relationship looks like and as I said we remained friends.

That is why I believe age only goes so far and if u and her didn't open your minds to a relationship u would have missed a very good one experiment. Good for u. For me, for  its going to be the first time on my OWN, no parents and no spouse since we married a 21/23. I'm lucky and blessed with with no real financial problems, own my home but I want to sell down the road because too many memories of Tom fighting cancer and the fact its too big for one. So...I'm starting over fresh and wonder what is round the corner. Sometimes life sucks and this is one of those times but I will survive!! I am WOMAN! lol!

• Like 2

Topaz, have you ever thought of joining a 50+ club? I know of one such club and they have wonderful group activities. Some members are single others are couples, but mostly single men and women. For example, they attend dinners, day trips, exercise classes, holiday trips and more. The people I know who are members are financially secure, physically fit and are fun to be with. Just a thought as you enter into another phase of your life. You go girl.

• Like 1

Thanks  Cap for your ideas but  small town 50+ club is made up with people well over 65 and more into their 70s and 80s and that's not for me. I'm not ready to date anyone but I am keeping busy and see other widows friends. I do feel better being around younger people and I guess its because my sons  and their friends. I feel young and I'm not going to be gr-mother, so doing what make me happy and content and take  whatever life  gives me. Thanks again.

• Like 1