Another American Airline on the spotlight again....e

kactus

Looks like these idiots never seem to have learned their lesson....

Just two weeks after terrifying video of a bloodied United Airlines passenger  who was violently kicked off a flight for refusing to give up his seat went viral, another video has emerged showing an American Airlines employee challenging a passenger to hit him after a woman holding a baby was allegedly hit with her stroller in an argument with airline staff.

Obviously this bold guy who us a crew cabin member is not fit to hold this job given his thuggish attitude. Raising a hand on a woman is just wrong. A staff member of Amwrican Airlines doing this raises many questions about the future of this airliner. This kind of behaviour cannot be tolerated anywhere and they should be ashamed.

This is an excerpt from the article:

"OMG! AA Flight attendant violently took a stroller from a lady with her baby on my flight, hitting her and just missing the baby. Then he tried to fight a passenger who stood up for her. AA591 from SFO to DFW. What’s going on with these American Carriers???"

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/jalopnik.com/american-airlines-employee-allegedly-hit-woman-with-str-1794552514/amp

Edited by kactus

I think he's just talking about airlines in general Wilber. I think we are all aware manners by passengers on airlines has deteriorated from the days of airline travel being glamourous and elite to sardine can mass transit. People today are treated like meaningless cargo and they reflect it back in their behaviour. Airline staff can be surly probably because many run long shifts and are exposed to some pretty piss poor behaviour especially when angry people like me react to being bumped although I am polite until I am lied to... I have witnessed very rude passengers and very rude staff. What came first the chicken or the egg I do not know-I try be polite until I know someone is lying or is rude to me and then I get tough but I don't belittle staff if they make it clear they are only following orders. I don't yell but I make it clear to counter staff when they bump me to do the right thing. Most do. I don't have to ask. They put you on the next flight and apologize and I can handle an hour delay but you delay me a night I expect a hotel and a meal. That's not unfair to ask but that's on the ground. I try not to have that fight with on flight staff. That to me is sacred ground. Once on the plane you have to respect the staff even if they are rude to you know a point. I can tell you I find air flight something I do not do anymore unless necessary. I prefer the train or driving hell even the Greyhound bus. I don't like flights more than an hour. Not worth being packed in like a sardine, waiting in long lines, and then being pushed in front of by aholes sitting in the back who insist on storing their luggage right up in the front overheads triggering a ridiculous domino effect where the front passengers who are the last to board have no place to put luggage overhead.

I am sick of passengers shoving oversized luggage in overheads in the front so I can't put a small bag up there. People are rude and selfish when they fly and they are rude to airline attendants and I causes those staff in turn to be rude. Its mass transport over quality. To be fair most flight staf are doing their best and I appreciate 99% of them and the one bad apple should not reflect on the rest.

The truly famous airlines known for their excellent service like Cathay Pacific they went the way of the do do bird. Hell the last Canadian airlines I took I enjoyed  were Eastern Provincial Airways I swore by and they went bankrupt because they served food with cutlery on two hour flights and Canadian Pacific I preferred to Air Canada but it went under. Now West Jet has become as bad as Air Canada. The only airline with any semblance of dignity left is Porter Airlines domestically. Aero Mexicano I enjopyed byt they went bankrupt. Everyone one of them now I a sardine can. Anyways yah there's some bad stories but not fair is fair. They do their best in the air.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rue said:

I think he's just talking about airlines in general Wilber. I think we are all aware manners by passengers on airlines has deteriorated from the days of airline travel being glamourous and elite to sardine can mass transit. People today are treated like meaningless cargo and they reflect it back in their behaviour. Airline staff can be surly probably because many run long shifts and are exposed to some pretty piss poor behaviour. I have witnessed very rude passengers and very rude staff. What came first the chicken or the egg I do not know but I can tell you I find air flight something I do not do anymore. I will drive or take a train if I can. I don't like flights more than an hour. Not worth being packed in like a sardine, waiting in long lines, and then being pushed in front of by aholes sitting in the back who insist on storing their luggage right uo in the front overheads triggering a ridiculous domino effect where the front passengers who are the last to board have no place to put luggage overhead.

I am sick of passengers shoving oversized luggage in overheads in the front so I can't put a small bag up there. People are rude and selfish when they fly and they are rude to airline attendants and I causes those staff in turn to be rude. Its mass transport over quality.

The truly famous airlines known for their excellent service like Cathay Pacific they went the way of the do do bird. Hell the last Canadian airlines I took were Eastern Provincial Airways I swore by and they went bankrupt because they served food with cutlery on two hour flights and Canadian Pacific I preferred to Air Canada but it went under. Now West Jet has become as bad as Air Canada. The only airline with any semblance of dignity left is Porter Airlines domestically. Aero Mexicano I enjopyed byt they went bankrupt. Everyone one of them now I a sardine can.

Well trains are no better IMO. 

Getting back to this story being packed like a sardine is one story bwing blatantly rude towards a customer and raise a hand on a woman is another. I don'y care where this shmugg comes from but I would knock him down if I see him treat a woman with child like that. there is a degree of professionalism from the staff to be maintained. Ffs they get PAID for offering a service and being courteous. It's not a charity! What this guy has done brings into question the whole training procedure to create the myth airliners ate so proud of. Creating customer experience....

28 minutes ago, kactus said:

Well trains are no better IMO. 

Getting back to this story being packed like a sardine is one story bwing blatantly rude towards a customer and raise a hand on a woman is another. I don'y care where this shmugg comes from but I would knock him down if I see him treat a woman with child like that. there is a degree of professionalism from the staff to be maintained.

Rue left out the other part of the story. Airlines cutting costs don't just mean people jammed in like sardines. They mean the lowest possible pay for staff. In some regional airlines (the United flight was a regional feeder) in the US pilots earn barely more than $16,000 - $20,000 a year. If that's what they're paying pilots, what do you think they're paying the rest of the crew? What kind of quality do you get for such low wages?

Edited by Argus

15 hours ago, kactus said:

Looks like these idiots never seem to have learned their lesson....

Just two weeks after terrifying video of a bloodied United Airlines passenger  who was violently kicked off a flight for refusing to give up his seat went viral, another video has emerged showing an American Airlines employee challenging a passenger to hit him after a woman holding a baby was allegedly hit with her stroller in an argument with airline staff.

Obviously this bold guy who us a crew cabin member is not fit to hold this job given his thuggish attitude. Raising a hand on a woman is just wrong. A staff member of Amwrican Airlines doing this raises many questions about the future of this airliner. This kind of behaviour cannot be tolerated anywhere and they should be ashamed.

This is an excerpt from the article:

"OMG! AA Flight attendant violently took a stroller from a lady with her baby on my flight, hitting her and just missing the baby. Then he tried to fight a passenger who stood up for her. AA591 from SFO to DFW. What’s going on with these American Carriers???"

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/jalopnik.com/american-airlines-employee-allegedly-hit-woman-with-str-1794552514/amp

Makes one wonder if this is a systemic problem in the airline industry or just an isolated individual.  I have flown occassionaly on provincial routes in Canada, but have never seen any bad behaviour by flight attendants.

15 hours ago, Argus said:

Rue left out the other part of the story. Airlines cutting costs don't just mean people jammed in like sardines. They mean the lowest possible pay for staff. In some regional airlines (the United flight was a regional feeder) in the US pilots earn barely more than $16,000 - $20,000 a year. If that's what they're paying pilots, what do you think they're paying the rest of the crew? What kind of quality do you get for such low wages?

Reality is their service is getting pooere every year.

And btw not getting paid enough is no excuse for such behaviour. You don't like this job go and get another....

It gets on my nerve when such a behaviour by crew members gets blamed on low salaries. If airliners are making profit at the expnese of their statt that's not customers problem, who are paying for the service...