Immigration of religious fanatics

Argus

1 hour ago, Omni said:

I guess,  if you cherrypick everything to suit, and/or watch too much Fox news.

We don't have to cherry pick. We can look at the 57 separate countries where Muslims rule, look at their cultural values, and see pretty clearly where the majority of their populations are at in terms of the tolerance for actions, morals or statements which conflict with Islam.

1 hour ago, Omni said:

I think we try to get the facts straight rather than let the alt. right news screed get us jumping to conclusions.

I've been a news junkie since I was a teenager. I'm perfectly aware of the inherent biases of journalists and media organizations, and well-able to judge them for it. I don't know what an alt-right media source would be other than Brietbart and Fox, but I can tell you the vast majority of my information comes from mainstream news sources like BBC, CBC, Postmedia, the Star, and the Globe, with some thrown in from the likes of the Independent, the Guardian, and the NYT.

My perceptions of the people of the middle east, therefore, are formed largely through the lens of these organizations, and none are remotely 'alt right'. Attempting to dismiss the legitimacy of concern as if it arises from fake news sites populated by extremists is a disingenuous debating tactic.

1 minute ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Sex slavery/trafficking in women and children is alive and thriving here in Canada too. Where is the outrage? 

I didn't know.  Now I'm outraged.  Well, concerned, anyway.  Who's doing it?

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal

7 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Google it.

I could have done that before I asked you.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal

12 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Sex slavery/trafficking in women and children is alive and thriving here in Canada too. Where is the outrage? 

It's highly illegal, and only works insofar as the women don't go to the authorities about it. Quite a different thing in other parts of the world. I think it's actually dishonest to call it sexual slavery given the women involved are not chained or locked up in any way.

Edited by Argus

10 minutes ago, herples said:

Islam is a religion based on a system of beliefs. The KKK is a social movement started by confederate veterans to stop blacks from voting. 

So both are systems of beliefs. Both are extremely exclusive, both look down on anyone who isn't pure, and both are violent towards those who refuse to conform.

Just now, Argus said:

It's highly illegal, and only works insofar as the women don't go to the authorities about it. Quite a different thing in other parts of the world.

Educate yourself about Canadian women and children who are victims of sex trafficking like you do with Muslim women who aren't faring very well. 

Just now, WestCoastRunner said:

Educate yourself about Canadian women and children who are victims of sex trafficking like you do with Muslim women who aren't faring very well. 

Already have. Which is why I know that it's extremely rare, and that it's even more rare that any of them are chained or locked up in any way. Their own emotional/psychological weakness keeps them from fleeing or going to the authorities. They're certainly mistreated and abused, but the doorway is open to escape at any time.

4 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

So why didn't you. You know it exists.   

I didn't know.  That's what I said in my original post to you.   Thriving, you say? 

What is being done about it?

Edited by bcsapper

1 minute ago, Argus said:

So both are systems of beliefs. Both are extremely exclusive, both look down on anyone who isn't pure, and both are violent towards those who refuse to conform.

The KKK didn't have a system of beliefs it had stated goals of preventing blacks from voting and bringing a white supremacy to the south again. 

1 minute ago, herples said:

The KKK didn't have a system of beliefs it had stated goals of preventing blacks from voting and bringing a white supremacy to the south again. 

Of course they have a system of beliefs. You're simply rephrasing it as 'stated goals'.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Already have. Which is why I know that it's extremely rare, and that it's even more rare that any of them are chained or locked up in any way. Their own emotional/psychological weakness keeps them from fleeing or going to the authorities. They're certainly mistreated and abused, but the doorway is open to escape at any time.

Unbelievable ignorance

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=6&ved=0ahUKEwjDgePt2_7QAhVX12MKHVwcCcUQFgghMAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fglobalnews.ca%2Fnews%2F2819281%2F25-of-canadas-human-trafficking-victims-are-minors-statistics-canada%2F&usg=AFQjCNG2DuWGycJvAoLQQc7lnfycpL8HgQ

4 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

Yes, it is. But if you want to discuss it start another thread. This has nothing to do with religious fanatics.

7 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

I understand it's a concern but it's difficult to gauge when sex trafficking victims are lumped in workers who choose to be trafficked. 

Victims of trafficking often don’t perceive themselves as such, for example, and in the case of temporary workers from other countries, they may actually want to be trafficked because they still earn more in Canada than they would at home.

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction - Blaise Pascal.

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

Once again you continue to paint all Muslims with the same xenophobic brush. Make it tough to deal with. you. Where are your MSM reports showing where all this violence has followed the Muslim refugee arrivals.

5 minutes ago, WestCoastRunner said:

I was responding to the concern of sex slavery in Muslim countries as if it's non existent here. 

It does not exist here. Not in anything like the form it exists in the Muslim world. What you are talking about are people intimidated into doing things they don't want, not people held in slavery who have no way to escape.