Canadian Blocked At Border for Mental Illness Treatment

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you get a lot of your refrernces from Snopes?

Must be, he continues to troll with these inane and idiotic posts.

But that is the mantra of small minded people. Its a pattern we see from their politicians, reference the 9-11 bombers and before that the power blackout.

Blame everyone else.

Must be, he continues to troll with these inane and idiotic posts.

But that is the mantra of small minded people. Its a pattern we see from their politicians, reference the 9-11 bombers and before that the power blackout.

Blame everyone else.

Yeah, with regard to 9-11 at one time they tried to say the bombers came across the border into the US from Canada. That turned out to be false and in truth, they trained them to fly in Florida et al.

Yeah, with regard to 9-11 at one time they tried to say the bombers came across the border into the US from Canada. That turned out to be false and in truth, they trained them to fly in Florida et al.

Right...it was the Millennium Bomber (Ahmed Ressam) who crossed the border from Canada to try and bomb LAX. A border agent's job is never done.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Cheaper gas, sure, volume. cigarettes, I don't smoke, cheese and milk, again, volume. Lower taxes, nope. Weather, yep in certain lattitudes. Jobs-tourists don't go to get jobs. Lower prices? on some things like houses after the Bush banking disaster. I'll fly to Florida once in a while in the winter. Keep the rest.

cheaper gas is due to lower taxes in US, no other reason. It also accounts for nearly all the disparity in gas prices in Canada. The rest of the disparity is freight.

cigarettes: heavily influenced by taxes too, much higher in Canuckistan

Cheese and milk: very little to do with 'volume'. The absurd prices in Canada are mostly due to the supply control in Canada, with milk and cheese producers protected from competetition by law. It's not 'volume', it's 'politics'.

Lower taxes: yep, pretty much though what it paid for by federal taxes. US buys a lot of guns for cops and soldiers, Canada buys more medical care for citizens.

Jobs? the work isnUSA is in general paid far less and jobs are far scarcer than where I live in Canada.

cheaper gas is due to lower taxes in US, no other reason. It also accounts for nearly all the disparity in gas prices in Canada. The rest of the disparity is freight.

cigarettes: heavily influenced by taxes too, much higher in Canuckistan

Cheese and milk: very little to do with 'volume'. The absurd prices in Canada are mostly due to the supply control in Canada, with milk and cheese producers protected from competetition by law. It's not 'volume', it's 'politics'.

Lower taxes: yep, pretty much though what it paid for by federal taxes. US buys a lot of guns for cops and soldiers, Canada buys more medical care for citizens.

Jobs? the work isnUSA is in general paid far less and jobs are far scarcer than where I live in Canada.

Yes we are getting screwed in many ways up here, I have a relative who makes cars for Toyota in Ontario and those cars shipped to the US sell for less than they do here. And I know of what you speak about cheese products. We need to fix that but I agree and prefer that we buy health care, not to mention education, rather than guns and fancy uniforms with our tax dollars Keeps us healthier and smarter..

Yes we are getting screwed in many ways up here, I have a relative who makes cars for Toyota in Ontario and those cars shipped to the US sell for less than they do here. And I know of what you speak about cheese products. We need to fix that but I agree and prefer that we buy health care, not to mention education, rather than guns and fancy uniforms with our tax dollars Keeps us healthier and smarter..

Don't forget that a contributing factor to Canada having the cash to fund universal access to health care comes from the reality that we have long lived under the umbrella of US defence expenditures.

Yes, there is a free lunch there and we have gotten fat from it.

Don't forget that a contributing factor to Canada having the cash to fund universal access to health care comes from the reality that we have long lived under the umbrella of US defence expenditures.

Yes, there is a free lunch there and we have gotten fat from it.

And we also don't have the military industrial complex sucking constantly at the breast of the Canadian taxpayer.

And we also don't have the military industrial complex sucking constantly at the breast of the Canadian taxpayer.

True, we are content to get a free ride by sucking constantly at the breast of the US taxpayer.

At our current defence expenditure level, our country would be basically undefended and indefensible without Big Daddy lurking on all our military horizons. Our smugness would evaporate overnight if we had to carry ourselves at our own expense.

True, we are content to get a free ride by sucking constantly at the breast of the US taxpayer.

At our current defence expenditure level, our country would be basically undefended and indefensible without Big Daddy lurking on all our military horizons. Our smugness would evaporate overnight if we had to carry ourselves at our own expense.

So don't worry, Big Daddy has the American taxpayer by the you know what's and it will remain so in all likelihood Al Quaida has reared it's ugly head in Iraq recently (of course we all know they never left) so maybe a little trip back there will be in order. Got to keep that machine going.