Denis Coderre, maire de Montréal ?

Like Stephen Harper facing Trudeau Jnr and the NDP and a likely re-election in 2015, Denis Coderre faces a fractious opposition and will likely become Mayor of Montreal this November. He faces Louise Harel (older PQ, responsable as Quebec minister for making Montreal a centralized city) and Richard Bergeron (urban Leftist who prefers bicycles and questions 9/11).

Clinton used the term "triangulation". Did he mean that to win elections, a candidate must face a divided opposition?

-----

Stephen Harper has been accused of various crimes but no one (to my knowledge) has yet accused Harper of taking money for himself, or his family, or his wife's family.

Edited by August1991

And yet...

Both Thomas Mulcair and Justin Trudeau are products of Montreal; they both know about the Charbonneau Commission.

-----

Question to everyone in Canada:

Do you believe that Justin Trudeau and Thomas Mulcair were not aware of this? (They're both Montreal federal MPs. It's their "bailiwick" - when I discovered this English word, I loved it. As I loved the Canadian English word: riding.)

Either Trudeau Jnr and Mulcair are stupid/ignorant (possible in the case of Trudeau Jnr) or they turned a blind eye - to their bailiwick.

What a word!

Edited by August1991

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that my question is: Will Justin Trudeau, or Thomas Mulcair, endorse Denis Coderre?

Can they avoid the question? (Bear in mind that we live in an age where gossip among millions is possible.)

------

Stephen Harper must smile sometimes.

Edited by August1991

I might run for Mayor just to be politically imappropriate. The latest idiocy in the province is the Parti Quebecois Minister in charge of "secularism" has decided that in the district of Snowdon where the municipality of Montreak looked the other way and did not ticket the cars of orthodox Jews on High Holidays who could not move their cars, that this practice that has gone on for years, threatens the very fabric of Quebec society. They know want to forbid Muslims from wearing Habibs and Jews our yamachas (you gentiles call them beeny caps) as well but it will be o.k. to wear a crucifix around one's neck (vampires you know). That is the level this government is operating at. Its economy crumbles and it frets over a handful of Jews not getting parking tickets or heaven forbid someone wears a yamacha. This is the true spirt of this government, Petty and narrow minded is a complement. They are out and out bafoons.

The current government will go to know ends to try dictate to the city how to run itself. The city should seperate and become a province of its own.

Yech I sound like George Mammonniny.

In any event the PQ would love to put a puppet in as Mayor. Coderre is a Liberal from the Chretien school of politics (pay anyone who moves something).

The irony is in Montreal, you can't be clean to be Mayor. It's as corupt as it gets. I mean the stink in old city hall is never gonna change.

Unless of course I take over and declare Yiddish the official language of Montreal.

If someone can name me one non corupt Mayor let alone one Premier of the province not involved with patronage and kick backs please do tell.

One crook after the other.

Coderre hates both Mulcair and Trudeau equally by the way but I am sure Trudeau knows better than to say a peep. Mulcair and he will come to blows.

Mulcair is a big puff of ego and so is Coderre. Its only a matter of time until they collide. That is a lot of combustible gas.

Edited by Rue

• 5 months later...

Pas moins de 20 des 24 candidats de l’Équipe Denis Coderre qui avaient déjà fait partie d’Union Montréal ont été élus dimanche soir, dont certains avec des majorités écrasantes.

Journal de Québec

Denis Coderre is Gerald Tremblay Part II. Montreal is the Big Easy North.

Edited by August1991