Tory MP's won't mail attack flyers

You just need the facts Guyser... Its a fact that the Tory back-benchers have had more speaking time than ANY other Government in recent times... Abortion, Aboriginal affairs, deciding not to mail out these "attack mailers"... Does that sound like "Controlling"

Heres a great link, with no cool-aid served...

“It sort of cuts into the myth that they do whatever they’re told. I’ve thought this all along, that this has been more about earning media and gaining attention. I’ve never really believed that anybody would send these out,” said Mr. Powers.

http://www.hilltimes.com/news/news/2013/05/06/tory-backbenchers-getting-feisty-insiders-call-it-a-%E2%80%98maturation-process%E2%80%99-of/34606?page_requested=2

What a heavy-handed tyrant indeed......

To date I may add, Only Mulcair has lost a minister to Heavy Handed control... I may add:

There was a minor distraction for Mulcair in the surprise deflection from one of his members, Bruce Hyer. The Thunder Bay MP claimed he could no longer work in an environment where he was whipped into voting with the party and referenced his disagreement over the long gun registry as an example

And

http://www.hilltimes.com/news/politics/2013/01/17/mulcair-takes-charge-of-any-talks-on-electoral-cooperation-orders-ndp-mps-not-to/33355

Silencing his entire cabinet... Harper hasn't ordered that.....

Gots to get me some of 'dis Kool Aid

:rolleyes:

Edited by Fletch 27

You just need the facts Guyser...

And you need to think better, there is more to this than just these mail outs. One thing does no beget the entire term of Harper.

But lets see, off the top of my head.....

Long form census , gone, ergo they control the message without facts.

FOI requests left languishing for eons.

Scientists muzzled.

The consensus is he is controlling, and moreso than many (not all) PM's

Go have another sip.

You just need the facts Guyser... Its a fact that the Tory back-benchers have had more speaking time than ANY other Government in recent times... Abortion, Aboriginal affairs, deciding not to mail out these "attack mailers"... Does that sound like "Controlling"

It's too bad that people buy into the headlines without getting all the information.

It's too bad that people buy into the headlines without getting all the information.

Yes it is, Try reading more ok?

Oh and from your own thread above this one......

Conservative backbenchers said they weren't allowed to talk about abortion in the House of Commons

No control there huh?

Ouch

Edited by guyser

"That's what he said".... The facts prove otherwise..

I prefer to run with the facts... Like Mulcair silencing his party... While Harper lets all municipalies speak and have dialog

Yes it is, Try reading more ok?

Oh and from your own thread above this one......

No control there huh?

Ouch

Margrace , I am no fan of Tony's in any way shape or form , but to BS about the guy is unfair and is an outright untruth.

When you say 'our paper' , I will assume you mean the Forester or the Examiner , maybe you can pull the May 1st paper, who is that standing beside MAyor Doughty ?

It is a total lie. Tony Clement did tour the area starting with Bracebridge, he also met with the mayor and others.

Wow, Harper's backbenchers are defying him. I thought that they were forced to send out these attack advertisements. I know Harper has his MPs on a pretty tight leash and they are told what to think, what to say, and I assumed what to do as well.

You are reading too much BS in the media. My MP is conservative but he's not sending those particular flyers out.

Mr. Harper is no more controlling than that "little dictator from Shawnigan" or "little Bully" take your pick.