Iraqi invasion declared illegal

Dear Big Blue Machine,

It's too late now to say it was illegal.
Not really. If a crime was committed, only then can it be declared illegal. One can only prosecute after the crime. After the statute of limitations runs out, (I think internationally it is 3 years) then and only then is it 'too late' for definitions such as 'illegal'.

Dear August1991,

I read the transcript. I guess Mr. Bush's reading in his spare time consists of 'The Little Red Hen' and 'Chicken Little'.

It appears, Thelonius, that Bush's sense of history, or at least sense of humour, outstrips yours.

Some people are born clueless, some people become clueless and some people have the clueless thrust upon them.

The German Chancellor talking to the US President about international law. Now, there's a good one.

As to Kofi and "international law", I suggest you do a Google search on "Contecna Annan". Like conspiracies? Start here.

I like this quote from the ABC article:

"We are going to investigate these allegations very seriously," Annan said during a press conference.
[Now where have I heard that before?]

Dear August1991,

The German Chancellor talking to the US President about international law. Now, there's a good one.
Yes, it could be worse, it could be 'The French'!

The point of all of this, besides the questioning of legal technicalities, is that the choice of action of the US was a bone-headed thing to do. Now the 'free world' is asked to support bone-headed action. We can be expected to forgive and forget the 'how' stuff happened, but if one one is to progress one cannot forget the 'why' is the most important.

The UN won't call what's going on in Sudan a genocide.

The only international laws I still respect are the Geneva Convention, ILO laws, and the laws of air and sea.

International 'law' is by and large a dog and pony show.

And it's disgusting.

Kofi Annan did nothing to help the situation in Rwanda. He's doing nothing to help Sudan.

With that, his cred. is gone, so I could care less what he has to say about anything anymore.

Dear takeanumber,

Kofi Annan did nothing to help the situation in Rwanda
I suggest you read "Shake Hands With The Devil" by Gen. Romeo Dallaire. The UN, without the financial and material support of it's member nations, is quite 'physically' powerless. The few countries that would commit troops there were Belgium, Morocco and Canada. The Belgians fired off most of the supplied ammo during training, and refused to replace it. Then they left. The US supplied some rusty surplus APCs that were stripped of all equipment, and then refused to supply troops based on the equation "the life of 1 US soldier = the lives of 80,000 Rwandans". From what I have seen and read, The UN and Annan did what they could, which was admittedly 'diddly squat'(Though not entirely), because most of the member nations weren't interested in helping in any manifest fashion.

international law must be there in allied nations. as for making iraq illegalit is not to late for the un to give us a time limit to get out our have there wrath brought upon us. whether it was a foolish desision or not for bush to go to war we will never know. there is information true or false that might have mad the descison a good one or a fool hardy one.but regardless, what would you have the U.S do its like a game of Jenga we could have not gone in the first place or leave when were done. If we leavenow the jenga tower will fall over.