Liberal Leadership comes down to Toronto Boomers for Justin

Seems like for all the talk of expanding the party and blah blah blah the Liberal leadership is just the same people that voted for the Liberals last election. Toronto in fact Only 11 per cent of registrants are from Quebec, and 13 per cent from B.C. If you can't expand you base you can't win fortress Toronto will only vote for you for so long.

An analysis of the ones who bothered to register found about half live in Ontario, mostly in urban areas, and 60% are over 50

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/2013/03/22/kelly-mcparland-liberal-leadership-race-comes-down-to-toronto-boomers-for-justin/

The same old same old. Time to run on some ideas Liberals.

Edited by punked

Gee, CTV, did a live poll on the street of Toronto and they asked 7 people and 5 said they would support Justin, one said NDP, but would like to hear more from Justin and the other thought Justin needed more seasoning for the job of PM but did like him and ALL were under the age of 40.

Gee, CTV, did a live poll on the street of Toronto and they asked 7 people and 5 said they would support Justin, one said NDP, but would like to hear more from Justin and the other thought Justin needed more seasoning for the job of PM but did like him and ALL were under the age of 40.

Yeah, I saw that. What was interesting to me was that all 5 Trudeau supporters couldn't define the reason for their support without bringing up his father.

The most worrying statistic for the Liberals should be that only 8% of his supporters were under age 25.......a huge red flag - and it completely squashes the idea that Trudeau is awakening democracy in the younger crowd. Photo ops and staged appearances can only go so far. Sooner or later, he'll actually have to start to fill his empty vessel. The youth of Canada are not as gullible as Liberals think. Good luck Justin.

Link: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/23/trudeaumania-not-very-impressive

Those are the type of people who get lost on their ways to the polls.

Or who won't bother making the effort in the first place.

The

most worrying statistic for the Liberals should be that only 8% of his

supporters were under age 25.......a huge red flag - and it completely

squashes the idea that Trudeau is awakening democracy in the younger

crowd. Photo ops and staged appearances can only go so far. Sooner or

later, he'll actually have to start to fill his empty vessel. The youth

of Canada are not as gullible as Liberals think. Good luck Justin.

Yeah, no it was all smoke and mirrors. I just can't wait to see how Trudeau manages to deflect attacks from both the left and right, because its coming. Both parties will be gearing up big time to tear him down.

Edited by UofGPolitico

Some of this chat almost looks like people here are jealous of Trudeau or affraid of him.

Also the comment about not releasing numbers is just plain misinformed.

It was 300 and something thousand registered and like 120 and something thousand processed to vote.

Edited by shortlived

Some of this chat almost looks like people here are jealous of Trudeau or affraid of him.

Also the comment about not releasing numbers is just plain misinformed.

It was 300 and something thousand registered and like 120 and something thousand processed to vote.

Nope that 300,000 number was the lie the Liberals told to the media before they released the real numbers and only misinformed Liberals who are going to get broad sided by their real support are still repeating it.

Read what I am going to say. More NDP MEMBERS who had to PAY to vote in their leadership race signed up to vote then for the Liberals end of story. This is all media hype but no one is buying it except those old baby boomer Liberals who still listen to "news" that look to shape the narrative instead of report on it. You better check your "facts and figures" because they are as bad as Trudeau's.

Nope that 300,000 number was the lie the Liberals told to the media before they released the real numbers and only misinformed Liberals who are going to get broad sided by their real support are still repeating it.

Read what I am going to say. More NDP MEMBERS who had to PAY to vote in their leadership race signed up to vote then for the Liberals end of story. This is all media hype but no one is buying it except those old baby boomer Liberals who still listen to "news" that look to shape the narrative instead of report on it. You better check your "facts and figures" because they are as bad as Trudeau's.

That looks like a bit of misinformation from you, post up a link to your information.

Almost sounds like denile in this thread.

THAT'S A LIE DAMMIT! YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

not saying that is it, but post up your link to the info.

Edited by shortlived

That looks like a bit of misinformation from you, post up a link to your information.

As of late Thursday, shortly before the midnight deadline, almost 43 per cent of supporters and members — some 126,000 — had registered.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/less-than-half-of-liberal-supporters-are-registered-to-vote/article10171254/

If you get outside of the Liberal media bubble you will find quotes from Liberal Leadership contenders who cast doubts that there were ever 300,000 people. It seems Trudeau's team signed up many "people" who are highly suspect. Some people were signed up by many teams thus triple counted or more for them, and one email address was signed up over 100 times. These numbers are inflated either on purpose to get a good news story so Liberals like your self feel good and can spread misinformation, or the Liberals are so incompetent they can't count. Either way it reflects terribly on team red. Again 126,000 people is less then the NDP signed up and you had to pay to vote in that race, its not good news.

Almost sounds like denile in this thread.

THAT'S A LIE DAMMIT! YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

not saying that is it, but post up your link to the info.

Well - that's two things you think are lies. OK - the first one is that the Liberals made it look like they had 300,000 voters signed up - you say they never said that. Here's an excerpt from The Star - the newspaper that simply reports everything that the Liberals tell them to - and notice that there is no mention of the "registration" fiasco:

OTTAWA—Almost 300,000 members and supporters have signed up to choose the next leader of the federal Liberal party.

Party president Mike Crawley says 294,002 people are eligible to vote.

Most are believed to have taken advantage of the party’s new supporter class to sign up free, although the party has provided no breakdown.

More than half the eligible voters are thought to be backing front-runner Justin Trudeau.

Link: http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/03/06/federal_liberal_leadership_almost_300000_eligible_to_vote_for_next_leader.html

As for the NDP having more paid up voters (last year's NDP leadership) than Liberals "free" voters, that's common knowledge.....but here's an excerpt and link:

Worse than that, it flopped. Only 127,000 people registered amongst all the

Liberals combined? Last year’s NDP leadership race had 131,000 registered

voters.

Edited by Keepitsimple

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/less-than-half-of-liberal-supporters-are-registered-to-vote/article10171254/

If you get outside of the Liberal media bubble you will find quotes from Liberal Leadership contenders who cast doubts that there were ever 300,000 people. It seems Trudeau's team signed up many "people" who are highly suspect. Some people were signed up by many teams thus triple counted or more for them, and one email address was signed up over 100 times. These numbers are inflated either on purpose to get a good news story so Liberals like your self feel good and can spread misinformation, or the Liberals are so incompetent they can't count. Either way it reflects terribly on team red. Again 126,000 people is less then the NDP signed up and you had to pay to vote in that race, its not good news.

Where is the proof.

sure knock off 100 but that is still well above 300k

Where are the fraud charges?

plenty of people will sign a petition and not vote for someone.

Without evidence it is pure conjecture. I'm sure the other parties have had their share of wankers too. Its pretty easy for a wanker from another party to engage in that sort of activity just to plant these sorts of views.

Trudeau has had a big fundraising capacity as well he alone has 195,000+ followers on twitter which is pretty good for a not yet third party leader, the PM has about 300k followers and he is the PM of Canada apparently.

Mulcair has about 33k followers in comparison. (I'm following all three, none the less I feel like I am much smaller in Harper, or Trudeau's Twitterverse, than in Mulcairs were I am perhaps just someone in a town, as opposed to being someone in a city.

Trudeau is in organization mode and I suspect will continue to grow over the next two years, another 50,000 twitter followers will be almost a given come the next election should he be the liberal leader. Harpers twitterverse is much different than trudeaus.

Edited by shortlived

Where is the proof.

sure knock off 100 but that is still well above 300k

Where are the fraud charges?

plenty of people will sign a petition and not vote for someone.

Without evidence it is pure conjecture. I'm sure the other parties have had their share of wankers too. Its pretty easy for a wanker from another party to engage in that sort of activity just to plant these sorts of views.

Again if Trudeau, Hall, and Garneau all get the same person to sign up that is 3 to 1 count. Just because they signed the same people up many times just means they have no clue. There was never 300,000 Liberal "supporters" that is now obvious there are 120,000 less then the NDP got. Coming out and saying you have 300,000 people when you don't makes your party look stupid and your defense that is the other parties supports fault your party opened their dumb mouths and up expectations when they didn't have the numbers to back it up is kinda silly.

Edited by punked

Ok, look at it this way. Could 300,000 people want to see Harper out of the PMO?? As most long term PM and other leaders, voters get tired of them for various reasons and want them gone. Now, because of what the Tories have done to EI, CPP and other things, they have peeved off many Canadians and the only way the Tories are going to stay in power is using Pierre Piotine or the 250,000 immigrants they let into the country yearly. I'm sure the money will come out if there is an election is 2015, but I think communites will say thank you, but you are gone.

Ok, look at it this way. Could 300,000 people want to see Harper out of the PMO?? As most long term PM and other leaders, voters get tired of them for various reasons and want them gone. Now, because of what the Tories have done to EI, CPP and other things, they have peeved off many Canadians and the only way the Tories are going to stay in power is using Pierre Piotine or the 250,000 immigrants they let into the country yearly. I'm sure the money will come out if there is an election is 2015, but I think communites will say thank you, but you are gone.

There is no 300,000 people. They don't exist. There is 120,000 people that is the number sorry the 300,000 lie is debunked. I know there is 130,000 people who don't want to see Harper be PM I am one of them which is why I paid money and registered for the NDP leadership race.

There is no 300,000 people. They don't exist. There is 120,000 people that is the number sorry the 300,000 lie is debunked. I know there is 130,000 people who don't want to see Harper be PM I am one of them which is why I paid money and registered for the NDP leadership race.

I think you are confusing the difference in the numbers, they are not the same

the 300+K was to take part in the leadership situation, they signed up to the process.

The voting required a secondary registration of which 40+% registered to vote. These required verification and many people could not be verified for the vote due to having a family email address rather than individual emails, or living at the same address (which many people do, and is not weird for older people of which may old people do support the liberals would be in that situation, some old people don't even have their own email, or think of a group home or seniors home living situation where the address is the same, or a college dorm or residence, or a apartment building)... and so are not allowed to take part in the voting.

Do you understand now?

Edited by shortlived

I think you are confusing the difference in the numbers, they are not the same

the 300+K was to take part in the leadership situation, they signed up to the process.

The voting required a secondary registration of which 40+% registered to vote. These required verification and many people could not be verified for the vote due to having a family email address rather than individual emails, or living at the same address (which many people do, and is not weird for older people of which may old people do support the liberals would be in that situation, some old people don't even have their own email, or think of a group home or seniors home living situation where the address is the same, or a college dorm or residence, or a apartment building)... and so are not allowed to take part in the voting.

Do you understand now?

No you don't understand those 300 000 were from campaigns signing the same people up over and over again. One email had been signed up over 100 times. There never was 300 000 people if they just never existed.

No you don't understand those 300 000 were from campaigns signing the same people up over and over again. One email had been signed up over 100 times. There never was 300 000 people if they just never existed.

Oh, I havn't seen evidence of that yet.

One instance of 100 people signing up with the same email could just be the same goof. If you showed me 2000 of those instances you might have something with your claims. this isn't robocalls.

I'm sorry but your story that every liberal signed up to 3 different campaigns strikes me as "not very likely" they arn't communists you know.

Edited by shortlived

Oh, I havn't seen evidence of that yet.

One instance of 100 people signing up with the same email could just be the same goof. If you showed me 2000 of those instances you might have something with your claims. this isn't robocalls.

I'm sorry but your story that every liberal signed up to 3 different campaigns strikes me as "not very likely" they arn't communists you know.

Even if it was the same mistake counting 2 people for every 1 person that signed up that would take you down to 150 000 after hearing that campaigns signed up many of the same people that makes perfect sense. The 300 000 number was never real if it was you would have 300 000 people registering for free to vote.

Even if it was the same mistake counting 2 people for every 1 person that signed up that would take you down to 150 000 after hearing that campaigns signed up many of the same people that makes perfect sense. The 300 000 number was never real if it was you would have 300 000 people registering for free to vote.

No, the registration process to vote was separate from the campaign registration.

I think you are exagerating things greatly here. Show some evidence to the scale you are suggesting, because you've shown nothing but isolated cases. This is not robocaller.