London Ontario

Jiblethead

OK here is a little story of what is going on in the mayor's office in my home town of London. From 2000-2010 Anne Marie DeCicco-Best was the mayor. At first she was doing a great job, that is until her husband, Tim Best stepped onto the scene. To be frank, he is a disgrace to my city. He purchased a restaurant in the core of downtown, and it quickly turned into a native hotspot, littered with bums and cussing old men. Soon after, he was granted a permit to build a large patio covering a large portion of the sidewalk, making it a lot harder to pass people on the street, and taking up a lot of territory people used to use for waiting for the bus, etc. This is only the beginning.

A few years back, he was charged with a DUI. He was on his way back from the native reserve, which is where he purchases all the alcohol for his bar. He was found with a blood alcohol level 3x over the limit. Nothing ever happened, his court dates were pushed back again and again and it was only recently he was in court. His bar still stands and his liquour license was never suspended. If this was any other person, they would have been thrown to the wolves, and the bar would have been shut down in no time. Not all is lost because justice WAS eventually served.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2011/03/25/17752271.html

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2012/06/15/19881321.html

He got away with it for quite a while, but it finally caught up with him. I guess one can only abuse power for so long.

As far as i know, he still owns and profits from the bar, this i am not 100% certain on.

• 4 weeks later...