We can't afford Mulcair's NDP

Why not a user pay system? Owners of Cell Phones have to pay to have their phones registered and make the fee such an amount that the program becomes revenue neutral ?

Hey Derek,I'm surprised that you have not started talking about all your guns yet?

I'm sure everyone here is dying to here all about your guns buddy.

Knock yourself out,you have my blessing!

WWWTT

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Increasing taxes would help pay for a national registry of stolen cell phones, called for by NDP MP Mike Sullivan.

http://www.therecord.com/news/canada/article/751664--mp-says-national-registry-of-stolen-cellphones-is-needed-to-deter-thefts

Off the top, a couple of problems with this "idea" come to mind. Any kid who lost his cell phone and said someone stole it...zap...it would be added to the national stolen cell phone registry. And, service providers would have to double fees to cover their costs of conforming to the national stolen cell phone registry law. And then a slew of bureaucrats would be hired to, er, manage the registry.

This is the kind of gem we'd be facing with a federal NDP government.

Are you sure you want to go there? Do we really need to pull out a grocery list of the stupid crap that Conservative backbenchers have said and proposed?

Guest Derek L

Hey Derek,I'm surprised that you have not started talking about all your guns yet?

I'm sure everyone here is dying to here all about your guns buddy.

Knock yourself out,you have my blessing!

WWWTT

I'm talking about cell phones, not guns..........So what of it, is a user pay, revenue neutral, cell phone registry in the cards for the NDP‘s platform?

I'm talking about cell phones, not guns..........So what of it, is a user pay, revenue neutral, cell phone registry in the cards for the NDP‘s platform?

Ya and I was talking about the conservative rekless spending!

Why are youi trying to change the channel?

Nice try buddy.

WWWTT

Are you sure you want to go there? Do we really need to pull out a grocery list of the stupid crap that Conservative backbenchers have said and proposed?

Here we go. Anti-Conservatives complain when Conservative supporters raise past Liberal sins. Now that a NDP "idea" that is full of holes is criticized, comes a threat to raise Conservative "crap" in retaliation. Not at all surprising.

Here we go. Anti-Conservatives complain when Conservative supporters raise past Liberal sins. Now that a NDP "idea" that is full of holes is criticized, comes a threat to raise Conservative "crap" in retaliation. Not at all surprising.

My point is that yes... this is a patently absurd idea. However, it's not even remotely close to being as dangerous or worrisome as the ideas that have come from Tory backbenchers.

My point is that yes... this is a patently absurd idea. However, it's not even remotely close to being as dangerous or worrisome as the ideas that have come from Tory backbenchers.

So go ahead and criticize those dangerous and worrisome ideas if you wish. If you want to do so on this thread go right ahead. It's not like thread drift is out of bounds on this forum.

Guest Derek L

Ya and I was talking about the conservative rekless spending!

Why are youi trying to change the channel?

Nice try buddy.

WWWTT

Didn’t you start the thread? With a title of "We can't afford Mulcair's NDP" in reference to a CPC attack add?

After capricorn Mentioned the NDP’s proposed cell phone registry, did you not suggest the NDP is in the right by wishing to raise taxes to address reported cell phones theft? All I suggested was an alternative to funding your cell phone registry.

That's the taxpayers that Mulcair would be taking money off of. I would expect any NDP government institute across the board tax increases on virtually everything. Income taxes would go up. Gas taxes would go up.

Taxes consistently went down for years after the NDP was elected in Manitoba.

Ya you forgot to add "NDP idea supported by police"

WWWTT

Didn’t you start the thread? With a title of "We can't afford Mulcair's NDP" in reference to a CPC attack add?

After capricorn Mentioned the NDP’s proposed cell phone registry, did you not suggest the NDP is in the right by wishing to raise taxes to address reported cell phones theft? All I suggested was an alternative to funding your cell phone registry.

Ok here we go!Spin it until we are in a room full of mirrors!

It was capricorn whom suggested the NDP would raise taxes to pay for this back benchers suggestion.

Keep spinning yourself silly buddy!

WWWTT

Guest Derek L

And that makes it a good idea?

Don’t the Police also support the crime bill? But more importantly, is the NDP’s cellphone registry Chuck Norris approved?

Guest Derek L

Ok here we go!Spin it until we are in a room full of mirrors!

It was capricorn whom suggested the NDP would raise taxes to pay for this back benchers suggestion.

Keep spinning yourself silly buddy!

WWWTT

You’re full of baloney:

http://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=21095&st=15

Oh I see.

The NDP would raise taxes to pay for a preventative measure to help reduce actual "reported" real crimes.

But the conservatives would never raise taxes to pay for the latest fighter jets to fight phantoms fears,right!

Nor would they raise taxes to pay for all those extra jails we will need for unreported crimes.

Are the conservatives really all that fiscally responsible????

I know I would never allow these kind of budget decisions to happen in my household or I would go bankrupt!

But why should the conservatives care?Its not their money they're wasting.

Don’t the Police also support the crime bill? But more importantly, is the NDP’s cellphone registry Chuck Norris approved?

(off topic)

I read something the other day...

Drugs can kill Chuck Norris but Keith Richards can kill all drugs..

I'm reading Richards autobiography,"A Life",at the moment...

Increasing taxes would help pay for a national registry of stolen cell phones, called for by NDP MP Mike Sullivan.

http://www.therecord.com/news/canada/article/751664--mp-says-national-registry-of-stolen-cellphones-is-needed-to-deter-thefts

Off the top, a couple of problems with this "idea" come to mind. Any kid who lost his cell phone and said someone stole it...zap...it would be added to the national stolen cell phone registry. And, service providers would have to double fees to cover their costs of conforming to the national stolen cell phone registry law. And then a slew of bureaucrats would be hired to, er, manage the registry.

This is the kind of gem we'd be facing with a federal NDP government.

The funny thin is that the two most successful premiers in canada today are darrell dexter and greg selinger. i have a good friend in manitoba and he said manitoba is doing the best now than it ever has in all its history. you know what dexter and selinger have in common? that's right....NDP!!!!

Guest Derek L

Wait a minute...

You folks usually fall in line with ( I originally used the word "slurp") authority like it's nobody's business...

But because the police think The Dips have a good idea it's a bad idea?

Quite the contrary, we want less authority, that includes "registries".....

Dee was a GOPer after all...

Guest Derek L

(off topic)

I read something the other day...

Drugs can kill Chuck Norris but Keith Richards can kill all drugs..

I'm reading Richards autobiography,"A Life",at the moment...

That sounds like a good one.........Does he discuss his raw onion a day diet?

Quite the contrary, we want less authority, that includes "registries".....

Dee was a GOPer after all...

Uh huh...

I didn't like '80's hair bands and I have no time for silly,infantile libertarians...

By the way,that's not to say I want complete and total government control of every aspect of everyone's life either...(lest you intend to go there)...

Possibly?

Then why the attack adds a month or so ago against Rae?

Perhaps the conservatives are worried?

I know one thing for sure.If Mulcair was as vulnerable as Ignatief or Dion,the attack adds would be flying long ago.

WWWTT

It likely helped keep Rae from running from permanent leader. The CPC didn't know when previous elections would be so they attacked Ignatieff and Dion early on.

That sounds like a good one.........Does he discuss his raw onion a day diet?

Haven't got there yet...

Got to how he got off on serious drug charges in '75 in Arkansas,even though the car he was in was filled with dope,and his childhood in England...

It's,so far,an interesting read....