PQ: 46 seats

L'AQ: 4 seats

Popular Vote

Libs: 45.9%

PQ: 33.2%

L’AD: 18.2%

Voter Turnout 69%

Latest Date for Next Election: Spring 2008

Do these contests matter as the Liberals have a solid majority of seats, and their results are not going to change the government. In other words are they a big yawn? :blink:

the adq will possibly win in vanier

the pq will win in gouin

the 2 others are liberal stronghold i think.

in the federal election some liberal stronghold were won by the bloc, what should be interesting to watch is if the liberal are going to do better than the federal liberal. If they do the same, i think its a bad sign for the liberal.

I think they will be swept like the liberal federal, the population never loved charest anyway, the funiest thing is that in the 2003 election, 6 month before the election the poll was giving the adq winner, then it switched to the pq and 1 week before the election it switched to the liberal. I have to admit that i was tired of the pq too at that time. 9 years is quite long. The problem is that they can't applie their electoral platform. 5 billions tax cut is just impossible and they made a big mistake when they started a war against the unions. Im not a big unions fan but they are pretty strong, it sound funny but the unions are crused the government and next years its negociation time and there already talking about a general strike. I don't know how to explain this but ill try.

If you put charest in a stadium, he will get bowed. If you put Landry in a stadium he will be applaud. Its hard to explain because landry didnt do anything since he lost the election. I think its like you put a bottle on the table and you fill it with water, at a point, the bottle is full, well with the pq it took 8 years and with the liberal, less than 1 years. The liberal federal emptied their bottle with martin but filled back the bottle with the ad sponsorship. The problem is that people voted for the bloc and its hard to get frustrated against the bloc because their not in power... the liberal federal are still their filling the bottle of water and it will splash evrywhere. I think that in 2 years, their will still be a strong protesting vote against the liberal federal. Because its hard to pass time without putting water in the bottle.

If its going bad for the liberal federal then its bad for the liberal provincial too.

This is why the pq dont bother working on the comming election, they are preparing their sovregnty project and we hear more of them than the liberal who are in power.

they are preparing their sovregnty project and we hear more of them than the liberal who are in power.

And what we hear from Mr. Charest, his ministers and the rest of the liberals is that the federal government is not paying its fair share, etc.. Did the last provincial election change anything?