"under their heel in the occupied territory "

Guest Peeves

There should have been similar exposure and news coverage.

:lol:

I don't see anything funny about this at all. Let's look at the other situations:

1. Kurile Islands - Former Soviet Union not exactly reporter-friendly;
  2. Kaliningrad - Former Soviet Union not exactly reporter-friendly;
  3. Tibet - China not exactly reporter-friendly;
  4. South Sudan - Sudan not exactly reporter-friendly; and
  5. Iraq (Saddam treatment of Kurds and Marsh People) - Former Iraq not exactly reporter-friendly

By contrast Israel welcomes reporters, transmittal of reported information and criticism. No wonder why the world gets to indulge its anti-Jewish fascinations.

although, the comparison of israel's occupation to that of the moroccon occupation are are much different, once again, israeli apologists are trying to justify israel's actions by comparing them to arabs. the same culture and society that they despise and ridicule. the same group of people who they see themselves as better.

I support the side whose leader didn't join the SS and assist in the Holocaust. Call me crazy.

Guest Peeves

although, the comparison of israel's occupation to that of the moroccon occupation are are much different, once again, israeli apologists are trying to justify israel's actions by comparing them to arabs. the same culture and society that they despise and ridicule. the same group of people who they see themselves as better.

I try not to think of you as a biased maroon, my bad. I'm sure you're not, it's simply the way I perceive you. I'm sorry. Now what were you saying? Oh yes you were ignoring the world's occupied disputed territory except for Jews.

BTW. I don't apologize for Israel's "justify israel's actions" at all. I do at times question them, but then I say to my self, " self, if you were in that tiny sliver of democratic land called Israel,surrounded by millions that had attacked you in your history, that have agencies as neighbors with mandates that call for your destruction, with a biased UN, with a Persian country calling for your elimination, with an understanding that you must succeed every time in preventing attack and invasion while your collective enemies need only succeed once."

Then I think,"hey, Self,you don't have to face rockets by the thousands, suicide murderers funded by other states, or sympathetic fools that would insist that Israel concede all while her enemies concede not even her right to a peaceful existence even within ANY borders..

BTW I was pointing out THE OTHER occupied word territories. You might have missed that in your rush (again) to judgment.

I don't see anything funny about this at all. Let's look at the other situations:

5. Iraq (Saddam treatment of Kurds and Marsh People) - Former Iraq not exactly reporter-friendly

By contrast Israel welcomes reporters, transmittal of reported information and criticism. No wonder why the world gets to indulge its anti-Jewish fascinations.

A way bigger factor is simply that its in the middle east which is of major strategic importance. If the Jews and Palestinians were killing each other in central Africa people wouldnt even bat an eye.

A way bigger factor is simply that its in the middle east which is of major strategic importance. If the Jews and Palestinians were killing each other in central Africa people wouldnt even bat an eye.

Really? In regards to military or resource-related strategic importance... note that despite being in the middle east, neither Israel nor the territories have substantial amounts of oil (though there's some off shore gas fields, but nothing the US and other Western nations don't have plenty of themselves). And, despite being in the middle-east, Israel has never been used as a base by Western nations carrying out military operations against other middle-eastern nations. The US didn't carry out air strikes against Iraq in 2003 from Israel, for example.

The only strategic importance Israel has is that it is a prosperous economy which carries out extensive trade with Western nations, including in advanced and military technologies. So, wherever the Jews made their state would have been "of strategic importance", because they had the skills and expertise to build a prosperous state that became an economic and technological power. They did it on a barren tiny strip of desert surrounded by enemies, they could have done it in Africa too.

I don't agree with you. People like violence-soaked stories. Reportage from such venues as the former Soviet Union, modern Russia, China, Sudan, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan tends to be spotty. That is also why those countries' human rights outrages tend to go unreported whereas Rachel Corrie death under an Israeli tank gets reams of coverage.