Sex and the City 2

"In New York, in winter, people head inside," narrator-Carrie intones.

Hey, another phenomenon unique to that great city.

My father used to fashion a skating rink out of our back yard. The neighbourhood showed up. Do people still do this? I like to hope so.

I was never a quick skater as a young boy, and I'm still pretty cumbersome. I'm a passable player, if I may say so, but without speed you're simply crippled from ever truly shining.

Doesn't matter, because my god it was fun. Fun at the time, joyful in remembrance. Our dog used to skitter out on to the ice, legs trembling, and poop. I don't know why. I think just to be a jerk. There are a lot of Mark Steyns in this world, but we make our peace with their existence. And we even, at times, learn to love them, as with my dog.

The ladies onscreen are talking to some guy...that fellow from the old "Law and Order" shows. He's some sort of tycoon. The "Sex and the City" males are walking sex organs who shoot money. This is pop-feminism in the consumer age, the afterbirth of the Clinton conservative era misnamed "liberalism." Wealthy men, masculine but suitably sensitive, and lots and lots of Brand Name-dropping. "The shoes! My Goddess Aphrodite, look at my shoes!"

At the south end of my father's property was a little stand of firs, among which we'd drink horrible wine when we were thirteen, and then get sick. Some fun, huh? I kissed my first girl in that place. She wore jeans cutoffs and a t-shirt. Out of my league, I thought then; I don't now.

What the?...Carrie and her intrepid gang are in the Arab Emirates, now? I think the ladies have followed their old cougar pal there.

Then some other stuff happens. Coincidentally, they meet some guy they know. From Manhattan. In the United Arab Emirates. Nah, can't be a coincidence. I must have missed something when I was thinking of other things, like skating, and wine, and likeable females whom I've known and adored.

Willie Nelson sang about this subject, with Julio Iglesias. It was a cover, but they made it their own. I like that song.

Then some more stuff happens; then the end credits.

Edited by bleeding heart