Defence ministers to tackle drug trade

eyeball

No cost really is too high it seems after all.

Ah...there's the rub, I guess it goes without saying that CTV know's they'll never actually tackle it in the real world outside a meeting room.

While no laughing matter it's a bit of a joke. Besides lacking the moral background it takes to wage a war on drugs they don't the pagan ethos it takes to win. If North American governments did possess these attributes they wouldn't be in the business of accommodating and selling booze and butts and they would be attacking the drug trade by targeting the demand side of the equation - the people who buy drugs.

I mean if no cost really is too high rounding up millions of people should still be cheap at twice the price right?

But two other questions also come to mind;

1. what part of getting the state off people's backs don't BIG C conservatives understand and 2. why are small c conservatives utterly unable to do anything about tempering the authoritarian compulsions of their political kissing cousins? You two seem to have a really perverse incestuous dominant/submissive thing going and it's easy to see who's not on top. It's a disgusting spectacle really.

The United Nations estimates that the drug trade in the United States, Canada and Mexico is now worth at least $147 billion a year.

I bet $147 billion would buy a lot of jets.

Edited by eyeball

No cost really is too high it seems after all.

Ah...there's the rub, I guess it goes without saying that CTV know's they'll never actually tackle it in the real world outside a meeting room.

While no laughing matter it's a bit of a joke. Besides lacking the moral background it takes to wage a war on drugs they don't the pagan ethos it takes to win. If North American governments did possess these attributes they wouldn't be in the business of accommodating and selling booze and butts and they would be attacking the drug trade by targeting the demand side of the equation - the people who buy drugs.

I mean if no cost really is too high rounding up millions of people should still be cheap at twice the price right?

But two other questions also come to mind;

1. what part of getting the state off people's backs don't BIG C conservatives understand and 2. why are small c conservatives utterly unable to do anything about tempering the authoritarian compulsions of their political kissing cousins? You two seem to have a really perverse incestuous dominant/submissive thing going and it's easy to see who's not on top. It's a disgusting spectacle really.

I bet $147 billion would buy a lot of jets.

I guess a police state isn't enough for herr Harper, he needs a full on military dick-tatorship.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/03/27/marijuana-drug-laws-public-health.html

Criminalizing the use of marijuana and other tough on crime approaches haven't worked, say public health doctors from across Canada who propose taxation and regulation instead.

The chief medical health officers in British Columbia, Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan wrote a paper reviewing the evidence on Canada's current illicit drug policies in Wednesday's issue of the journal Open Medicine.