NDP Leadership

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to a friend of mine this evening who said he filled out his ballot today. I knew he ended up picking Cullen as #1 because weeks and weeks ago when I said I liked Cullen he said he liked Dewar (which didnt surprise me because he is left of me). Anyway, I found it a little odd that he went to Cullen so easily but that is not the purpose of this post.

I had a conversation with him tonight and I want to know if anyone else finds his reasoning for making his decisions on #2 and 3 a little different. It's obviously up to him but I can't say I agree with his thinking behind his choices.

Here is what he said (and these are pretty much direct quotes)

After telling me he put Dewar as #2 and Topp as #3 I said I thought that Mulcair and Cullen were the only standouts I saw. He then said that he

didn't put Mulcair on the top slot because he doesn't need my help and he shows it by not calling me. I get phone calls from Dewar and Topp nightly it seems and emails from all the others.

He then said that he agreed with me about Nash not doing great and then said he got a call

from Topp's campaign last night and the guy on the phone was really hard to argue with. He made some good points about Topp and earned him 3rd place on my ballot. I don't know if he'd even gotten a number from me without that phone call.

I find him not putting Mulcair on his ballot because he didnt contact him and apparently doesnt need his vote very, very odd.

Am I alone here?

I find him not putting Mulcair on his ballot because he didnt contact him and apparently doesnt need his vote very, very odd.

I've bein getting calls from Topp,Dewar and Mulcair only.Emails from the rest aswell as the previous mentioned.

I'm really stuck between Nash and Singh for first choice.Mulcair is definetely second but I could switch that with Dewar and then third.

Still have not recieved voters package.

WWWTT

Mulcair and Ashton both have a serious problem.They are both breathers.

What I mean by this is that you can hear them both inhale with a gasp between sentences.

We all do this however some people are more natural then others.

Aswell Peggy Nash has the best quality speaking voice!Probably the most underrated quality for a leader!

WWWTT

Mulcair and Ashton both have a serious problem.They are both breathers.

What I mean by this is that you can hear them both inhale with a gasp between sentences.

We all do this however some people are more natural then others.

Aswell Peggy Nash has the best quality speaking voice!Probably the most underrated quality for a leader!

WWWTT

Really?

The Conservatives are up to their gutter politics already. See: http://www.conservative.ca/press/news_releases/ndp_leadership_debates_show_the_true_face_of_the_ndp

Today the NDP held its 6th and final official leadership debate. Through all of these debates plus other additional forums it has become clear that the NDP leadership candidates are in "violent agreement" in the direction that they want to take Canada. Although they sometimes disagree on which bad policy to implement to get there, that direction is one of higher taxes, higher debt, fewer jobs, and less prosperity.

Continued at link above...

Conservative journalists on twitter are flipping out now cause ndp members are getting phone calls from unidentified

callers asking who their top 3 are

lol

sounds like conservatives wondering who will most likely be their opponent

and planning already

@davidakin: Following campaigns say they had no part in today's #NDPLdr robocalls: Topp, Dewar, Cullen ... (Waiting to hear from other campaigns)

Edited by olpfan1

Conservative journalists on twitter are flipping out now cause ndp members are getting phone calls from unidentified

callers asking who their top 3 are

lol

sounds like conservatives wondering who will most likely be their opponent

and planning already

"Must...Have...Character assassination ads...in...the...can..."