Peter Goldring

WWWTT

Before I start on this I should say that we are all not guilty until proven guilty.

But I believe this charge refusing to blow is a criminal offence.However I am not sure of the severity in Alberta.And I can't imagine how someone would try entering a plea of not guilty on this case.

Here is my prediction.

Goldrings political career is gone.There will be a bi-election for his riding which will be easily won by the conservatives.

I am not sure how this will hurt the conservative brand across the country.

WWWTT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I start on this I should say that we are all not guilty until proven guilty.

But I believe this charge refusing to blow is a criminal offence.However I am not sure of the severity in Alberta.And I can't imagine how someone would try entering a plea of not guilty on this case.

Here is my prediction.

Goldrings political career is gone.There will be a bi-election for his riding which will be easily won by the conservatives.

I am not sure how this will hurt the conservative brand across the country.

WWWTT

Not much, they got rid of the cancer immediately.

First I heard of the charge.

Refusing to blow is the same charge anywhere in Canada, a criminal code offence.

I have no idea why he would quit over it.

No idea=---- He'd have a hard time serving his seat from the pokey.

It's a criminal offence--- he will be a felon when convicted and if he refused to blow --- he will be convicted.

Well, to be fair, the CPC got a majority after the while Jaffer fiasco. So no, I don't think it will hurt them.

If I remember correctly all the charges were dropped against Jaffer.

Goldring still has a trial that will be covered by the media.

And I can't imagine how he would be able to get off?Will he plead not guilty to refusing to blow?

Its in my opinion that the conservatives don't have a bottomless bag of "get out of jail free" cards.

WWWTT

Last I read he left caucus. That doesn't mean he's giving up his seat.

I am not sure if he can still hold a seat with a criminal record?

He is not guilty until proven in court and the media will be all over this one.

WWWTT

Well, to be fair, the CPC got a majority after the while Jaffer fiasco. So no, I don't think it will hurt them.

you forgot about Guergis as well. Harper doesn't really tolerate shenanigans like that, hence the MP hauling ass out of caucus. Next election he's done. Bye bye political career. I imagine he'll sit as an independent and vote with the tories.

Guest Derek L

If I remember correctly all the charges were dropped against Jaffer.

Goldring still has a trial that will be covered by the media.

And I can't imagine how he would be able to get off?Will he plead not guilty to refusing to blow?

Its in my opinion that the conservatives don't have a bottomless bag of "get out of jail free" cards.

WWWTT

That’s a ridiculous assumption………Were the NDP, 5-6 years later, affected by Svend’s poor judgment? He’s left caucus, if he sorts himself out, he’ll return……

That being said, kind of ironic the Mr Goldring opposed legislation a few years ago that would allow police to screen all drivers with a breathalyser, regardless if police suspected them of being impaired…..

Actually there is a possible scenario.

When you blow into a breathalizer you have to blow a certain amount of volume of air for a period of time.

It is possible that Goldring was trying to comply with police but couldn't/didn't/was incapable or refused to adequately provide an appropriate sample.

Goldring may enter a plea of not guilty and argue that he was willing to provide a sample but it would not register on the breathalizer,or something like that.

However I believe the police have more accurate breathalizers at the station and Goldring may have had the option of providing a blood sample.

WWWTT

That’s a ridiculous assumption………Were the NDP, 5-6 years later, affected by Svend’s poor judgment? He’s left caucus, if he sorts himself out, he’ll return……

That being said, kind of ironic the Mr Goldring opposed legislation a few years ago that would allow police to screen all drivers with a breathalyser, regardless if police suspected them of being impaired…..

Wasn't there a severe accident in Alberta recently where several kids on the highschool football team were killed at the hands of an alleged impaired driver?

How many kids could have died because of Svends poor judgement?

Do you think the conservatives are bulletproof,well we'll soon find out won't we.

WWWTT

Wasn't there a severe accident in Alberta recently where several kids on the highschool football team were killed at the hands of an alleged impaired driver?

Do you think the conservatives are bulletproof,well we'll soon find out won't we.

WWWTT

except gold ring isn't a tory anymore because he left the caucus. THe tories are loyal to the brand above all else, ask Helena Guergis.

Matthew Barnaby was caught drinking and driving with a front wheel missing on his Porsche

douchebags are everywhere and anyone who drives while drink is a huge douchebag

if I were PM I'd ban drivers .12 over the limit from driving ever again and send them to a rehab prison for 5 years

if they kill anyone I send them to prison for life

People would think twice before they drive drunk ever again

Edited by olp1fan

Guest Derek L

WWWTT

Hey, if an Opposition Party wants to run with that angle, all the power to them………But, PM Harper’s official spokesperson has already condemned his actions (and he has yet to be convicted and wasn’t even detained), and he's left the party………Like, Svend’s case, this is a non-story, with no political bearing.

Edited by Derek L

Hey, if an Opposition Party wants to run with that angle, all the power to them………But, PM Harper’s official spokesperson has already condemned his actions (and he has yet to be convicted and wasn’t even detained), and he's left the party………Like, Svend’s case, this is a non-story, with no political bearing.

His liscence is suspended and his vehicle was towed away from the scene!

True he is not guilty until proven.

Impared driving is a very powerful sign that someone is an alcoholic.

Did Goldring leave the party before he was charged?

If he did not then when the police charged him the police had charged a conservative MP!

Sure this is an act of one individual but eventually people are going to wonder what kind of people the conservatives are turning out.

WWWTT

If he did not then when the police charged him the police had charged a conservative MP!

Sure this is an act of one individual but eventually people are going to wonder what kind of people the conservatives are turning out.

WWWTT

Vic Toews...cheating on his wife and having an illegitimate baby in the affair..is one of the highest ranking members in Harpers government

What about the advisor Harper hired who was guilty of fraud among other things?

Guest Derek L

His liscence is suspended and his vehicle was towed away from the scene!

True he is not guilty until proven.

Impared driving is a very powerful sign that someone is an alcoholic.

Did Goldring leave the party before he was charged?

WWWTT

How do you think any of this will hurt the Tories? Do you honestly think that those that voted for him, will all of a sudden, place their future votes somewhere else?

Did the NDP lose support in Svend’s riding?

Vic Toews...cheating on his wife and having an illegitimate baby in the affair..is one of the highest ranking members in Harpers government

What about the advisor Harper hired who was guilty of fraud among other things?

Ya actually it seems the conservatives can't go more than a month without one of their MP's/ministers making a gaff.

WWWTT

Guest Derek L

If this happened to you or I guaranteed we would have spent the night in jail!

WWWTT

Never would, I don’t drink and drive………But, people here (BC) can and will get 24hr roadside suspensions……..I honestly don’t know what police enforcement is like in Alberta, and what happened to Mr Goldring……

Guest Derek L

Ya actually it seems the conservatives can't go more than a month without one of their MP's/ministers making a gaff.

WWWTT

I would be very surprised if any of the Opposition parties run with it……..Those that live in glass houses….