Happy Thanksgiving

jbg

Is there something wrong with you that there's no place for goodwill? Cannot we commemorate the travails of the FN's without sourness and bitterness at others' success?

Good will for the FN people was a poison blanket, given as a gift. So their children died by thousands. Those who survived got put into schools, whipped by crazy catholic nuns. If they died they bury them like dogs, no funerals. So your people committed terrible evil and now you tell us how god loves your soldiers, and call the murder they do a success. No sir, there's nothing wrong with me...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its insulting the the NHL scheduled games during the Canadian thanksgiving and had canadian teams even play in the U.S but during the American thanksgiving every team has the night off

Then change Thanksgiving in Canada to be the same date as in the United States.

NHL home office should be in Toronto, not New York

Why...Toronto is a comparative backwater.

Without Canada there'd be no NHL...60 % of NHL players are from Canada after all and most of the revenue comes from Canada

Nope....most of the NHL's revenue comes from US markets...you only have six teams.

http://threehundredeight.blogspot.com/2010/06/nhl-gate-revenues.html

Edited by bush_cheney2004

I never understood why Thanksgiving is a month from Christmas...both holidays are holidays where people fly back home from across the country... so you go home for thanksgiving and then you go back to your life and then a month later fly or drive back home again for christmas... that is A LOT of money spent

Its best if it were in October..that way you have a space of 2 months

The reasons are explained in that New York Sun article I linked. It has more to do with the transient Presidential declarations of Thanksgiving. Lincoln picked the date, I suppose, based upon the relative progress in battles of Union soldiers. He didn't declare on in 1861; the less said about that year for Union forces the better. The latter declarations were keyed to victories at Gettysburg (1863) and numerous 1864 victories as the war approached a successful conclusion. As for October one can make a good argument for that. I suspect that in too much of the U.S. harvest is still in full swing whereas in Canada winter is knocking at the door (except BC and Windsor ON areas).

its insulting the the NHL scheduled games during the Canadian thanksgiving and had canadian teams even play in the U.S but during the American thanksgiving every team has the night off

Without Canada there'd be no NHL...60 % of NHL players are from Canada after all and most of the revenue comes from Canada

Both our Thanksgivings should be honored by the NHL, just as both anthems are sung in international games.

New York is the capital of the world, even if not a state, provincial or national capital (it was both a State and National capital briefly).

New York Rules!!! Go Yanks!!!

Good will for the FN people was a poison blanket, given as a gift. So their children died by thousands. Those who survived got put into schools, whipped by crazy catholic nuns. If they died they bury them like dogs, no funerals. So your people committed terrible evil and now you tell us how god loves your soldiers, and call the murder they do a success. No sir, there's nothing wrong with me...

Is anything you write not poisonous or nasty?

Operations are here , HQ is where the money is.

True

true

Not most, unless 31% is most in your world.Remove those teams that make up the 30% and the NHL wouild be in a world of hurt.

Edited by guyser

Is anything you write not poisonous or nasty?

Sure, plenty of times. The thing I care about the most is human beings, individuals. I criticize things on a broad scale, like ideas or governments or military actions. But I know lots of times each person may not like what is going on but feels powerless to do much about it. At least, talking about it helps.

So when we have christmas and thanksgiving, inside I feel that materialism is wrong and bad for us, if it makes us forget to care about other humanity. And animals in nature, whatever has feelings. I still participate and not criticize amongst the people around me, unless someone takes the conversation to that level. Then I may speak my mind on the subject but I always remember, it's not any one persons fault, we need to try and do better, and we need to forgive each other. As long as we are able to do that, there is still some hope.

Then change Thanksgiving in Canada to be the same date as in the United States.

Why...Toronto is a comparative backwater.

Nope....most of the NHL's revenue comes from US markets...you only have six teams.

http://threehundredeight.blogspot.com/2010/06/nhl-gate-revenues.html

In 2009 -2010 The 6 Canadian team made 331.6 million

In 2009-2010 the 24 American teams made 726.1 million

You can't tell me the NHL would survive without the Canadian teams

6 Canadian teams make up a little more than half the value that the 24 other teams made

in gate revenue

Thanks for proving my point :)

Operations are here , HQ is where the money is.

True

true

Not most, unless 31% is most in your world.Remove those teams that make up the 30% and the NHL wouild be in a world of hurt.

NHL headquarters is in NY if that is what you mean by here

http://www.hoovers.com/company/National_Hockey_League/ctrksi-1.html

1185 Avenue Of The Americas,

12th Fl. Phone: 212-789-2000

New York, NY Fax: 212-789-2020

United States

The reasons are explained in that New York Sun article I linked. It has more to do with the transient Presidential declarations of Thanksgiving. Lincoln picked the date, I suppose, based upon the relative progress in battles of Union soldiers. He didn't declare on in 1861; the less said about that year for Union forces the better. The latter declarations were keyed to victories at Gettysburg (1863) and numerous 1864 victories as the war approached a successful conclusion. As for October one can make a good argument for that. I suspect that in too much of the U.S. harvest is still in full swing whereas in Canada winter is knocking at the door (except BC and Windsor ON areas).

Both our Thanksgivings should be honored by the NHL, just as both anthems are sung in international games.

New York Rules!!! Go Yanks!!!

The NHL is run by Americans who ignore their Canadian fan base and cater to the Southern Americans who don't even watch Hockey

why else would you try your hardest to keep a team in Phoenix and block it from moving to Canada

Gary Bettman is the most hated man in Canada

Edited by olp1fan

The NHL is run by Americans who ignore their Canadian fan base and cater to the Southern Americans who don't even watch Hockey

why else would you try your hardest to keep a team in Phoenix and block it from moving to Canada

Correct...most Americans don't give a rat's ass about hockey. But the majority of NHL revenue still comes from the American franchises. Hell, NYC has two teams.

Why doesn't Canada have more teams if the sport is so freakin' popular?

Yes....because he is American.

But the majority of NHL revenue still comes from the American franchises. Hell, NYC has two teams.

Yes....because he is American.

You are ignoring the fact that 6 Canadian teams brought in 331.6 million to the 24 American teams 726.1

which is a difference of 394.5 million so while most of the money comes from the U.S teams you can clearly

see how important the revenue from Canada is to the NHL

Shouldn't the U.S be making 4 times as more than Canada and not a little more than twice as Canada?

You are ignoring the fact that 6 Canadian teams brought in 331.6 million to the 24 American teams 726.1

which is a difference of 394.5 million so while most of the money comes from the U.S teams you can clearly

see how important the revenue from Canada is to the NHL

Facts are facts....Canadian teams do not provide a majority of revenue as you stated earlier. The NHL wouldn't even exist in its present form without US markets.

Shouldn't the U.S be making 4 times as more than Canada and not a little more than twice as Canada?

No...hockey is just not that important to a nation with far more entertainment choices than in Canada. I grew up in a major US hockey

market but without signficant televison contracts, it was like "who cares"?

Then do it....and just like the CFL having to be rescued by American NFL money and contracts, you would be back begging for survival.

CFL isn't as popular because its football, our own pro hockey league with top stars will do just fine in Canada as it does just fine in Russia

We'd have to steal the Stanley Cup away from Bettman's cold dead fingers though

CFL isn't as popular because its football, our own pro hockey league with top stars will do just fine in Canada as it does just fine in Russia

Then why doesn't Canada have its own separate league today? It would be fun seeing the same teams...over...and over...and over. And every team could be in the playoffs!

We'd have to steal the Stanley Cup away from Bettman's cold dead fingers though

1994...1995...1996...1997...1998...1999...2000...2001...2002...2003...2004...2006...2007...2008...2009...2010

I guess one of the good things about the 2004-2005 lock-out was that Canada couldn't lose The Cup to another American market team....again!

Edited by bush_cheney2004

1994...1995...1996...1997...1998...1999...2000...2001...2002...2003...2004...2006...2007...2008...2009...2010

I guess one of the good things about the 2004-2005 lock-out was that Canada couldn't lose The Cup to another American market team....again!

Yeah, gotta love the Canadian players winning the Cup for American teams

Oh please, this is embarrassing.

The Canadian hockey market is saturated, anyone wanting to grow something goes to where new customers are, and where would that be?

The Phoenix metro area is one of the largest markets in the USA. The NHL had to go there. But hey, what do a bunch of billionaires know about business. Bergman is just a figure head, the board of governors has the final say on all major decisions such as a team staying in Phoenix or not.

Oh and Bettman is one of the reasons why NHL revenue has soared since he took over and why the NHL is chipping away market share from the NBA. Bettman isn't going anywhere, and to hate him is flat out ignorant.

Oh please, this is embarrassing.

The Canadian hockey market is saturated, anyone wanting to grow something goes to where new customers are, and where would that be?

The Phoenix metro area is one of the largest markets in the USA. The NHL had to go there. But hey, what do a bunch of billionaires know about business. Bergman is just a figure head, the board of governors has the final say on all major decisions such as a team staying in Phoenix or not.

Oh and Bettman is one of the reasons why NHL revenue has soared since he took over and why the NHL is chipping away market share from the NBA. Bettman isn't going anywhere, and to hate him is flat out ignorant.

Canada isnt saturated. Theres probably two more cities that would generate more revenue than any of the recent US expansion markets.

As for Bettman... Its true hes just a figure head and revenues have increased. But the product on the ice is the weakest and most unspirited hockey I have ever seen. I can barely sit through a regular season game now days.