Quebec and Ontario Refuse to Pay Costs of Omnibus Crime Bill

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about Nova Scotia?

The largest naval base in Canada and two airforce bases wouldn't have an impact, now would they?

Perhaps refer to that link before determining how just the distribution is.

I said growing. Perhaps you should read? And yes, there are many logistical reasons for having the jobs close together.

What do public service employees wages have to do with equalization payments?

I never said they have anything to do with equalization payments, just that they represent another transfer of wealth from the west to the east. They are paid for by federal taxes and primarily located in ON and QC. Ontario and Quebec provincial governments are trying to play the victim to the big bad federal government and their crime bill, when they are heavily subsidized by federal government wealth transfers.

Ontario and Quebec provincial governments are trying to play the victim to the big bad federal government and their crime bill, when they are heavily subsidized by federal government wealth transfers.

Ontario is not subsidized in any way. The money that Ontario taxpayers pay out is far in excess of any transfers or federal salaries.

The largest naval base in Canada and two airforce bases wouldn't have an impact, now would they?

I doubt it. And we do have a west coast as well, why does BC not need large naval or airforce bases?

I said growing. Perhaps you should read? And yes, there are many logistical reasons for having the jobs close together.

Given the numbers, it's got a long way to grow. It's not even worth mentioning this "growth".

Edited by CPCFTW

I doubt it. And we do have a west coast as well, why does BC not need large naval or airforce bases?

BC does have an air force and a naval base, but the numbers don't show the same because: a ) the atlantic ocean has traditionally been a far more important playground for Canada's navy (there are 9 surface combatants on the east coast, and 6 on the west), and b ) BC has a far larger population, and so the ratio doesn't look the same despite the fact that there are thousands of sailors and airmen based there.

Oh, and government jobs in Calgary should be growing as the energy regulation workload increases. You also have to remember that cities west of Winnipeg are generally very new, and so there isn't a large government presence there because of historical realities.

Edited by Smallc

Are you trying to compare the amount of federal governemnt jobs in the West and Maritimes to the amount of federal jobs in Ontario and Quebec? Ontario alone has an entire city of federal employees living in their own dream world of defined benefit pensions and unicorns.

http://www40.statcan.ca/l01/cst01/govt58a-eng.htm

133k out of 315k federal government jobs are in Ottawa-Gatineau.

Another 60k are in Montreal, Toronto, or Quebec City.

10k more in Kingston and Hamilton.

There's 2/3rds of federal government jobs in those 6 cities alone (and still a good 20k jobs left in smaller cities).

Alberta has 18.5k (5.8% of 315k) federal government jobs and almost 11% of Canada's population.

BC has 28.7k (9% of 315k) federal government jobs and 13% of Canada's population.

Saskatchewan has 5.8k (1.8% of 315k) federal government jobs and 3% of Canada's population.

Nova Scotia 20k (6.3% of 315k) federal government jobs and 2.7% of Canada's population.

Ontario/Quebec 223k (71% of 315k) federal government jobs and 61% of Canada's population.

The hidden transfer payments.

Thanks for making my point for me. The other provinces get millions and millions too in "hidden transfer payments" and "transfers" of wealth. Ontario and Quebec make up 2/3rds of Canada's population. Plus there are more bilingual people there that makes them more skilled. Only makes sense since... its the capital.

Ontario and Quebec provincial governments are trying to play the victim to the big bad federal government and their crime bill, when they are heavily subsidized by federal government wealth transfers.

Bwa-hahahahahahahahahaha!!! Who do you think pays for the federal government?? :lol::lol::lol:

I never said they have anything to do with equalization payments, just that they represent another transfer of wealth from the west to the east. They are paid for by federal taxes and primarily located in ON and QC. Ontario and Quebec provincial governments are trying to play the victim to the big bad federal government and their crime bill, when they are heavily subsidized by federal government wealth transfers.

The entire country benefits from the services of the federal bureaucracy, regardless of where they are located. What's your point?

Even if I accepted your premise that federal bureaucracies in other provinces only benefit those provinces, everyone pays the same federal income tax and Ontario/Quebec have some 2/3 of the population of Canada. So, do the math.

The entire country benefits from the services of the federal bureaucracy, regardless of where they are located. What's your point?

I'm sure the unemployed in Alberta are very grateful that there are uneducated secretaries in Ottawa earning 50k with a defined benefit pension to organize office parties and put the unemployed Albertan's welfare file in a filing cabinet.

Even if I accepted your premise that federal bureaucracies in other provinces only benefit those provinces, everyone pays the same federal income tax and Ontario/Quebec have some 2/3 of the population of Canada. So, do the math.

I already did the math. Pay attention.

Ontario/Quebec 223k (71% of 315k) federal government jobs and 61% of Canada's population.

Edited by CPCFTW

I'm sure the unemployed in Alberta are very grateful that there are uneducated secretaries in Ottawa earning 50k with a defined benefit pension to organize office parties and put the unemployed Albertan's welfare file in a filing cabinet.

If the Albertan had an education, maybe he could move east?