Hypocrisy!

Yukon Jack

Perhaps your nine year old niece would point out the hypocrisy of murderous terrorists who don't follow the word of Allah. Or do you think Allah condoned murder? Because I seem to have missed where you criticized their hypocrisy ..............

Of course I don't think Allah condones murder. Just like I don't think that Jesus condones murder. Both sides of this subject are just as wrong. When so called Christians go against the word of Jesus they are just as hypocritical as the Muslims. I think both sides would do well to walk the talk.

Edited by CitizenX

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I don't think Allah condones murder. Just like I don't think that Jesus condones murder. Both sides of this subject are just as wrong. When so called Christians go against the word of Jesus they are just as hypocritical as the Muslims. I think both sides would do well to walk the talk.

Maybe Allah does not condone murder, but Mohammed sure reveled in it and his followers find no trouble whipping innocent women to death and flying hijacked planes into skyscrapers killing thousands of innocent people.

Maybe Allah does not condone murder, but Mohammed sure reveled in it and his followers find no trouble whipping innocent women to death and flying hijacked planes into skyscrapers killing thousands of innocent people.

What is the point of this statement? How is it relevant to the topic?

Looks like the answers to my questions have been limited to Canadian content.

Come on, open your minds/perspectives.

Israel vs. Arab world...

United States vs. Rest of the world.

Republicans vs. Democrats.

Feminists vs. normal people.

Atheists vs. people of faith.

Etc. etc....

Right vs left which leaves me wondering why the hell they just don't call the latter the wrong wing.

In actual practice if not effect though; the right wing is not a place, its a direction - on a journey that is forever just getting under way.

The problem is, there's no apparent end in sight.

"We're just getting started" according to Rob Nicholson - Conservative Uber-cop.

Edited by eyeball

Guest American Woman

Well, I'd say killing people is a tad bit more serious than not loving one's enemies - therefore more hypocritical. But Christians don't all claim to follow the Bible and/or the teachings of Jesus word for word. I don't think it's hypocritical to claim one is a Christian even though they don't embrace and love murderers/terrorists.

First of all, a few people cheering isn't synonymous with 'popular,' much less "among conservatives" as a whole. Furthermore, that GOP debate was sponsored by the Tea Party, which isn't necessarily considered conservative, but a blend of conservative/libertarian.

The best news Monday night was that the audience was down to 3.6 million viewers from 5.4 million last week, so only a fraction of Republican voters saw a few Tea Party guests cheer for death.

Read more:

When our Parliament repealed the death penalty most Canadians were against the idea.

Now we have a Parliament run by a government that says what 25% of Canadians want is what the majority are going to get.

Human rights activists that want Dick Cheney in prison, yet refuse to pressure regimes such as Iran, China, Venezuela, and the list goes on.

Left-wing Black Bloq who don't mind destroying property in Toronto, yet refuse to when a similar get together is held in China. Cowards...the whole lot.

I don't think it's hypocritical to claim one is a Christian even though they don't embrace and love murderers/terrorists.

Of course it is. That's the problem with people that call themselves Christians it's more about being a social club than a way of life. Christianity about love and understanding, it's about compassion and empathy.

Either you follow his philosophy or you don't. If a person calls himself/herself a Christian but does not follow Jesus's philosophy what do you call this?

love your enemy and turn the other cheek.

Edited by CitizenX

When our Parliament repealed the death penalty most Canadians were against the idea.

Then I would say that explains why the death penalty issue is a festering boil on a lot of Canadian butts that doesn't appear to want to go away.

Now we have a Parliament run by a government that says what 25% of Canadians want is what the majority are going to get.

Oh stop your whining.

Harper won his majority with 39.6 % of the vote. You may not like it but that's how our system works. He's doing exactly what he promised he would. That's more than the Liberals can boast. They were famous for campaigning from the middle-left and governing from the right. So blame the Liberals that their supporters gave up on them for their duplicitnous and scandals, and either stayed home or switched to the Conservatives and the NDP.

That's the problem with people that call themselves Christians it's more about being a social club than a way of life. Christianity about love and understanding, it's about compassion and empathy.

Being an agnostic, how the heck would you know? Have you even been in a church other than for a wedding or a funeral? Or are your comments anecdotal and shared by your agnostic entourage?

Either you follow his philosophy or you don't. If a person calls himself/herself a Christian but does not follow Jesus's philosophy what do you call this?

Someone who is afraid of lions let loose in an arena with thousands of spectators? :P

love your enemy and turn the other cheek.

You forgot one. "Hate the sin but love the sinner". In the real world, Christians know where to draw the line between credos and reality.

Human rights activists that want Dick Cheney in prison, yet refuse to pressure regimes such as Iran, China, Venezuela, and the list goes on.

Left-wing Black Bloq who don't mind destroying property in Toronto, yet refuse to when a similar get together is held in China. Cowards...the whole lot.

Does anyone understand what this guy is talking about? :blink:

Then I would say that explains why the death penalty issue is a festering boil on a lot of Canadian butts that doesn't appear to want to go away.

Boils don't have wants, get a grip.

Oh stop your whining.

Harper won his majority with 39.6 % of the vote.

Which really means about 25% of eligible voters. Apparently only about half of the conservatives that voted for Conservatives are of the type who cream their jeans at the thought of the state jumping all over people's backs, It's pretty obvious the worse hypocrite of all are the other 12.5% who have 'get-the-state-off-the-people's-back' stickered to their bumpers like it meant something.

You may not like it but that's how our system works.

I know. The law is the law is the law. It's a real beaut of a system all right.

He's doing exactly what he promised he would. That's more than the Liberals can boast. They were famous for campaigning from the middle-left and governing from the right. So blame the Liberals that their supporters gave up on them for their duplicitnous and scandals, and either stayed home or switched to the Conservatives and the NDP.

I mostly blame the goddamn Liberals for pissing their pants every time someone uttered the words soft on crime.

Soft on Conservatives is more like it.

Does anyone understand what this guy is talking about? :blink:

Human rights activists are hypocritical. They want Cheney arrested, yet they won't go to China and pressure that gov't about their human rights record. Got that?

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Canada+should+Investigate+Cheney+human+rights+group/5454075/story.html

Edited by lukin

Being an agnostic, how the heck would you know? Have you even been in a church other than for a wedding or a funeral? Or are your comments anecdotal and shared by your agnostic entourage?

Well you don't have to be a Christian to understand and appreciate Jesus's Philosophy and teachings. They are pretty much the same as a man named Siddhārtha Gautama. In some ways I'm more christian than some people I know that go to church regularly. My uncle goes to church on a regular basis yet he truly hates gay people.

You forgot one. "Hate the sin but love the sinner". In the real world, Christians know where to draw the line between credos and reality.

I'm sorry but I don't understand this. Did Jesus not live in the real world?

Credo Latin for "I Believe", is a statement of belief. "Hate the sin but love the sinner" is a statement of belief. Do you not believe the words and teachings of Jesus?

Edited by CitizenX

Boils don't have wants, get a grip.

Which really means about 25% of eligible voters. Apparently only about half of the conservatives that voted for Conservatives are of the type who cream their jeans at the thought of the state jumping all over people's backs, It's pretty obvious the worse hypocrite of all are the other 12.5% who have 'get-the-state-off-the-people's-back' stickered to their bumpers like it meant something.

I know. The law is the law is the law. It's a real beaut of a system all right.

I mostly blame the goddamn Liberals for pissing their pants every time someone uttered the words soft on crime.

Soft on Conservatives is more like it.

Enough whining already, eyeball. It's useless.

Human rights activists are hypocritical. They want Cheney arrested, yet they won't go to China and pressure that gov't about their human rights record. Got that?

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Canada+should+Investigate+Cheney+human+rights+group/5454075/story.html

Yes OK I read the article, ...so? What are you complaining about? That normal thinking human beings won't travel to China and try to pressure that Government? I guess that's because they are smarter than you and know that it would not fly and they would be thrown in jail immediately. So instead they try to pressure our government to bring up there human rights record. Uhhhh just like they are doing with Cheney. :blink:

Got that? :lol:

Edited by CitizenX

In some ways I'm more christian than some people I know that go to church regularly.

Cry me a river.

My uncle goes to church on a regular basis yet he truly hates gay people.

So? Your uncle has a problem accepting gay people. I have a problem accepting squeegee kids but that doesn't stop me from driving.

I'm sorry but I don't understand this. Did Jesus not live in the real world?

I believe you do understand but feigning you don't. Sorry CitizenX but I have you pegged as a troll.

Cry me a river.

So? Your uncle has a problem accepting gay people. I have a problem accepting squeegee kids but that doesn't stop me from driving.

I believe you do understand but feigning you don't. Sorry CitizenX but I have you pegged as a troll.

Are these really your responses???? And now you have me pegged as a troll???

a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community.

Had to look it up.

How am I a troll?

Edited by CitizenX

I didn't see a single mention of China in the source of your delusion.

In any case going after Cheney is like going after one of the Pope's highest Cardinals for diddling. It's that much more shocking when such Shining Beacon's violate their sacred trusts and abuse their moral authority.

In the meantime what gives with your beloved Dear Leader Harper kissing China's butt? Didn't you see the word hypocrisy in the thread title before you started blowing stuff out your sphincter?

I have no sympathy for Canadians who don't bother to get out and vote. If they don't like who's in power and don't exercise their right to vote they can STFU.

No doubt Harper feels precisely the same way.

I guess now would be a good time for someone to insert the usual electoral blather we hear about how our representatives also represent everyone who also didn't vote for them.

Horseshit they do. Speaking of which, the hypocrisy just keeps piling up.

a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community.

Had to look it up.

I think you knew what troll means but that's irrelevant.

How am I a troll?

Maybe you're not, I'm not sure. :unsure:

It's not easy to measure the intent of a poster on these internet sites, especially when the topic of faith comes up. I rarely post on this subject because I view the topic as very personal in nature. Mind you I didn't intend my comments to be mean toward you. I suppose it's a reflection of the fact that I keep my faith close to my heart and don't share it easily.