Poll puts B.C. NDP ahead (July 8/04)

However

However, the poll consulted only 500 people and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.4 per cent.

and

Meanwhile, an Ipsos-Reid survey of 800 people gives the NDP 38 per cent of voter support to the Liberals' 37 per cent.

and better yet

It says the NDP has lost support to the Greens, which have 18 per cent of voters' backing.

I don't plan on voting Liberal, unless my riding looks like it's going to be close between the NDP and Libs......I most likely will vote one of Green/Conservative/Reform...

Is that the same Ipsos-Reid polling company that was disgraced in the last federal election? :lol:

People in BC know that Mustel is the accurate polling company:

A survey by the Mustel Group suggests 45 per cent of voters back the NDP, 33 per cent favour the Liberals and 14 per cent support the Greens

The NDP have been well ahead of the Liberals inpopularity in this province for some time. This Campbell government is only popular with the rich and the doctors.

Won't be very popular with anyone on those longer waiting lists for medical procedures. Premiums increased, prescriptions co cost for seniors increased dramatically. Hospital union labour at thospitals has been greatly reduced and replaced with low paid contact workers; cuts everywhere in health care except big raises for doctors and Hospital Management positions.

Then there are the scandals; too many to list but Campbells arrest; fish farm bailout (fines and rents); raids on the legislature with now 3 aides suspended under suspicion of drug dealing. Hints of organized crime tied to the legislature.

Is that the same Ipsos-Reid polling company that was disgraced in the last federal election?

Was Ipsos-Reid the same company who said that the NDP was going to hold the balance of power in the federal government? I forget.......

For example, Ipsos-Reid in their last poll, before the recent federal election, forecast the Greens at 40% higher support than what they actually received.

So I wouldn't pay attention to Ipsos-Reid's inaccurate and idiotic forecasts.  ;)

MS your vendetta against Ipsos reid is cute, however it is cute in a childish way, much like your statements.

Your comment on ipsos reid, would be like me calling Jack Layton a communist. If I take everything Jack layton does out of context and stretch it by a couple of KM's i am sure I could paint him as a communist. You on the other hand do the same to make ipsos reid look like a joke. The last poll by ipsos, before the election had the GP at 6%, an error of about 2%, which shows they are completley reliable. Please just think, If a party only gets 4% of the public vote it is easy to be off by 40% or 30% or 20%. However the B.C greens are not at 4% or 6% we can see that by looking at any poll; the GP is hovering around 14-18% much like the NDP in the federal election. So if you want to look at how accurate Ipsos reid is when they are dealing with parties below 20% but above 12% look at the NDP. Ipsos predicted 17% for the NDP, and they got 16% which tells me they were not that bad, off by a percent. So maybe the GP is at 15% or 16% but the way you are making your arguement is that the GP is really at 10%.

Of course you are the same person that stated,

That was quite a forecast probably based on the nonsense you read in the mainstream press. Maybe you should be more careful when you get your information.
When I said that the GP may stand a chance at getting a seat in Parliment, ( for those who want to see actual context search for "The green party in parliment" under my name), you also stated that the GP was only higher in polls due to the fact they were included in them and sounded as though you belived they would get 2% of the vote. However that is only problem number 1, number 2 however is from a week or two later when you had a post with the title "Will Conservatives lose Saanich-Gulf Islands?", in that thread you vehemenently defended the increase in support the GP saw with a quote from the Ipsos website, and yes you considered it reliable. Why because in one thred you saw the Greens as hurting the NDP in the other you saw the Greens as hurting the conservatives, and because of this you changed your opinions.

Oh yeah and after the election was over you went back and posted in my thread, "The green party in parliment", and said this

That was quite a forecast probably based on the nonsense you read in the mainstream press. Maybe you should be more careful when you get your information.
So honestly MS when you talk about public opinion polls you have absolutley no credibility, a teter totor is more stable then your opinion of the Green Party, ipsos reid, and polling companies in general. So please next time you talk to us about the unrealiability of Ipsos reid, warn every one about your instability in interpreting public pinion polls.

In the last federal election the reality is Ipsos-Reid pumped the Greens for all it was worth and overestimated their strength by 28%. so why would anyone listen to their forecasts now?

Everyone in BC knew the Greens were not going to win any seats, in the last election, and what their chances are in the next election, who knows?

But go ahead believe all the nonsense you want to in the mainstream press. Just don't expect it to be realistic or accurate, that's all. ;)

BTW how did the Greens do in Saanich-Gulf Islands? Was it third, fourth, or fifthplace, I can't remember? Was that one of the seats Ipsos-Reid was forecasting for the Greens?

For what it is worth, the New Democrats, unless something changes, are headed for a big win in BC mainly due to the unpopularity of the DUI Liberal Premier Gordon Campbell.

Maybe we can elected a woman. We usually seem to vote for the anything but the present party.

Maybe we should just all vote the marijuana party.Campbell has tied up all our money until after the Olympics (all money is being spent for Olympic's related items.) After he attempts to buy our votes by throwing out a few goodies; the next government must come in under budget. Guess he knew he wouldn't make it 2 terms. He did sell off most of our assets (technically control of for 75 years or so. By the way; does anyone know if we are still paying for around the clock police protection for him now that he has his driving license back?

Is Gordon Campbell really that bad? The CBC news in the US made it seem like BC loved getting the olympics and did not mind the expense. Is this not true or has the government bungled it?

No he's not that bad when you place him next to anythin the NDP has given us in the past..........you just have to understand what happens to some people when their "pork" gets taken away. I for one can't wait until the 2010 games........

Times like this, I miss Vander Zalm :(

MS your vendetta against Ipsos reid is cute, however it is cute in a childish way, much like your statements.

Your comment on ipsos reid, would be like me calling Jack Layton a communist. If I take everything Jack layton does out of context and stretch it by a couple of KM's i am sure I could paint him as a communist.

So honestly MS when you talk about public opinion polls you have absolutley no credibility, a teter totor is more stable

slavik44........you must very insecure to have to use personal insults and putdowns against me, and linking Layton to communism.

No one suggested you or Harper are fascists here as far as I know.

Too bad your arguments are so weak that you have to resort to tactics like this? Very sad and so typical of the angry white male syndrome!

Your comment on ipsos reid, would be like me calling Jack Layton a communist. If I take everything Jack layton does out of context and stretch it by a couple of KM's i am sure I could paint him as a communist.

So honestly MS when you talk about public opinion polls you have absolutley no credibility, a teter totor is more stable

slavik44........you must very insecure to have to use personal insults and putdowns against me, and linking Layton to communism.

No one suggested you or Harper are fascists here as far as I know.

Too bad your arguments are so weak that you have to resort to tactics like this? Very sad and so typical of the angry white male syndrome!

No Ms learn to read what I said.

1. I never insulted you, i simply stated that your vendetta against Ipsos is childish, I insulted you misinformed opinions not you.

1. I never suggested Layton was a communist, I suggested that saying that would be ridiculous.

3.no my arguements are not weak, they are dead on, which leaves you the only option of misinterpreting what I say, and posting about that; Instead of looking at what I said, about how your opinions of the GP changed based on how it affected the NDP and conservatives. Whihc i did give acutal proof for.

So please, stop scanning for certian words and read what I say. Of course You on the other hand are the one resorting to insults, by calling me insecure.

Is Gordon Campbell really that bad? The CBC news in the US made it seem like BC loved getting the olympics and did not mind the expense. Is this not true or has the government bungled it?

Yes, Gordon Campbell is that bad. He, personally, got arrested for drunk driving in Hawaii and refused to resign despite his previous position of screaming for the opposition heads when one of them did lesser wrongs.

Despite increasing premiums for healthcare, breaking contracts with nurses; and replacing hospital union workers with low cost contract worker; our waiting lists have grown for medical procedures and operations. Seniors premiums for prescriptions were dramatically increased for most.

There was a tax reduction which quickly disappeared for all but the wealthy with increases in licenses (fishing, driving) 3.5 cent per litre of gas., etc.

He sold control of many of our resources to foreign interests. And yet despite selling off all these assetts; our defit has increased.

He has made cuts to children's ministries. BC has been admonished at least twice by the UN for downgrading women's and children's rights. He has lowered the working age of children to 14 on parental consent; no safeguards.

Money is available for a fancy highway to a ski resort; A rolls royce costing "RAV" line with excessive tunneling to the airport. (which could prove to have very costly overruns). All for an Olympics; which could prove to have no lasting benefit to our economy.

We had a raid on our legislature concerning possible drug dealings and organized crimes.

There was the underhanded forgiveness of rents and fines to the fish farms and the Doug Walls affair. We now have 3 ministerials aides who have been suspended due to suspicion of drug dealing. One of whom, is still recieving a paycheque from the government.

I could go on and on.