McGuinty's policy platform

Zachary you are far too puritanical. You definitely lean on the correct side of the ideological spectrum, emphasizing personal responsibility and opposing the sickening abuse of the contemporary welfare state, but my prediction is that as you age and mature, your philosophy and grand ideas will be tempered by the wisdom that only experience can deliver.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if not McDonalds there is 7-11, Burger King, Harveys, Walmart, a bar, a restaurant, etc. etc. The real disgrace is homeless people, who might be able to attain employment at $2 / hr (where no one cares about their smell) doing something manual indeed but employers are forbidden from hiring them at their market price so they are forced into idleness and welfare instead.

Why stop at $2? Why shouldn't employers have the capacity to pay nothing at all? Frankly.

Why stop at $2? Why shouldn't employers have the capacity to pay nothing at all? Frankly.

Employers should have the ability to pay nothing at all. And they often do. Internships are an example of that. So is volunteering. Free people should be permitted to choose their arrangements on their own without government coercion. I take it you're in favour of minimum wage laws?

Non, M Canadien, it would never get that bad! Obviously you were just being sarcastic and understandably so.

Still, employers must always compete for labour. I have a friend who is part of a family owned variety store. He is always complaining that he is at the bottom of the food chain as far as finding help. This means that usually he is hiring students, who are almost always woefully inept!

If he wants better workers he has to pay a bit more, I keep telling him! He did take my advice, making a more mature woman his "second looey" and paying her a bit more. She's stayed with him for years now, making his work life much easier.

The problem today is that we have high and prolonged unemployment, making it difficult for workers to bargain for higher wages. Variety stores may have a problem getting GOOD help but they have LOTS of applications, nonetheless!

Many such employers as variety stores that traditionally pay minimum wage seem to have this irrational and naive idea that they HAVE to pay minimum wage and no more! Sometimes an extra dollar or two doesn't add up to a case of beer in a week but it can make a vast difference in a worker's pride! Like my friend's "second looey" it can be enough to get the employee to stick around.

Then again, it's easier for me to say! Times are very tough these days. There are a LOT of competing variety stores. Maybe the price of a case or two of beer is all that keeps the doors open.

Non, M Canadien, it would never get that bad! Obviously you were just being sarcastic and understandably so.

I was sarcastic, but don't be so sure it couldn't happen. A few years back, an Ontario restaurant owner tried to avoid paying his staff a salary by arguing they were volnteers. Didn't work, but I think he'd try again if he had a chance.

Maybe "we", lol, "you" should change the traffic rules----why should the state intervene the ways the drivers driving their own cars? If anyone feels unsafe without these rules, why shouldn't he or she buy a bigger car or even a M1A1 tank like "us"?

It seems like the signboard before Hudak tells what the little conservative devils here ask for---CHANGE

But change what?

Maybe changing the national/provincial leadership from liberals to conservatives isn't enough.

Only changing the leadership of conservative from Harper/Hudak kind to Voldemort will satisfy them. :lol:

PS: This is the "universal value" shared between Voldemort and our young conservative dudes:

There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seek it.
Edited by xul

I bet a lot of "non-foreigner" conservatives are even unable to understand the "technical manual" of their laptop computers, though I'm sure they can "read" the manual... :P

I bet a lot of "non-foreigner" liberals are even unable to understand the "technical manual" of their laptop computers, though I'm sure they can "read" the manual... :P

Maybe it would be better if McGuinty didn't discriminate and applied Canadian values that ALL people should be treated equally.

Maybe it would be better if McGuinty didn't discriminate and applied Canadian values that ALL people should be treated equally.

This is the evidence that Harper funds foreigners and discriminates Canadian/existing immigrants... :lol:

Canadian Immigration Integration Project (CIIP)

Canadian Immigration Integration Project (http://ciip.accc.ca ) is a new model to aid immigrant integration for foreign skilled workers (FSW) who are in the process of immigrating to Canada. This 5-years pilot project is funded by the Government of Canada and managed by the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC) (www.accc.ca ).

Helping new comers to find their first job isn't discrimination because new comers are different in many aspects and conditions from those who have been existing here for many years.

An unemployed Canadian or immigrant means he or she has been employed by a Canadian company or business before so he or she is easier to find a new job than those newcomers who haven't any "Canadian working experience" at all, not mentioning that an existing unemployed can collect EI(one kind of welfare :P ) but a new comer can't.

Edited by xul