Gay history to become required subject in California schools

The whole thing is odd. My primary concern is that the gay lobby - which consists mostly of straight do-gooders who do not understand the phenomena. It is very rare that love plays a part in most gay interchanges - and to present the whole gay community as "loving loyal partners who are just like us" is disruptive and untrue.

In the over view - to equate gay interactions with hetrosexual interactions is incorrect. They are different. Getting back to those in Californial that believe it is imperative to show the average kid a history of gay culture are also missing the mark. It will not create a more positive view of homosexuals - It might breed contempt and loathing if it is forced upon the population..besides - why is it neccesary - Gays are a protected group in the west...as are all other groups in a free and democratic society.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To summerize my thoughts on the matter of the Californian proposal regarding gay sex eduction and the history of it - No on knows what effect any social engineering will have on a society...until the positive or negative effects are felt years later...we must proceed with care and caution - emotionalism and the desire to be a do-gooder must be put on hold. Pragmatic and visionary thought is a must...as I said - we could be creating a heaven - or a hell.

The whole thing is odd. My primary concern is that the gay lobby - which consists mostly of straight do-gooders who do not understand the phenomena. It is very rare that love plays a part in most gay interchanges - and to present the whole gay community as "loving loyal partners who are just like us" is disruptive and untrue.

I don't think real love as you seem to be thinking of it here exists within the vast majority of heterosexual interchanges, either.

I don't think real love as you seem to be thinking of it here exists within the vast majority of heterosexual interchanges, either.

I would say you are wrong - You might be thinking of unmarried young people who are "playing the field" in that you might be correct - but with mature intelligent hetro-sexuals the primary objective eventually is to have a life together and have a family - old fashioned by respectable....and LOVE is that basis and the fuel for most mature hetro-sexual arrangements - I would say that it is safe to say that most homo-sexuals are not driven by the idea of family - and children - and love - but for sheer fun - Nothing sadder than an old lesbain or 60 year old gay guy dressed in leather with a black eye wandering down the street with a suit case. I have found that a person is not fully developed or mature untill they have children - Whether it be gay or straight..those that are in unions that are childless have the mentality of teenagers as they slip even into middle age.

It is not a class, as far as I can tell. It is more like the addition of some content to current textbooks.

If the proposed teaching of gay history is not a regular class, but extracurricular activity, the unionized indoctrinators - formerly known as teachers - will be happy to pick up overtime pay.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the auto-dumbing down of America - They don't even have to try to make their educational system stupifying - it does so all by it self. If they were smart they would teach better math and common geography etc...Instead of how to turn a man into a woman when you are to confused to do what is natural.. :lol: