The Atlantica Party Alternative Budget 2011

This morning the Atlantica Party released its first ever Alternative Budget.

Among the highlights of the Alternative Budget:

• $1 Billion in non-essential departmental cuts

• A 2% cut in the HST reversing the NDP tax hike

• Application of the Atlantica Party’s Spending Restraint Rule to fix the province’s structural deficit

For a complete copy of the Alternative Budget please visit www.atlanticaparty.ca

• Application of the Atlantica Party’s Spending Restraint Rule to fix the province’s structural deficit

For a complete copy of the Alternative Budget please visit www.atlanticaparty.ca

What about immigration? That is my most important issue.

Sorry, but the Atlantica Party isn't about Ontario, so it will get nothing.

What I'm not allowed to ask about immigration in his party?

He's listing all his usual nonsense, let's talk about a real issue that no one wants to talk about.

You can ask, but both you and I know that if something isn't about Ontario or Quebec, it is not a "national issue".

Nova Scotia's lack of prosperity makes immigration policy irrelevant.

Word on the street is that there is high unemployment, yet you have all these guest workers taking jobs from locals? Is that right?

Also, I listen to the CBC and here this garbage from high salaried civil servants saying that skilled immigrants are 'desperately needed' in Nova Scotia. The gov't gives monies to these 'groups' and academics to claim there is this desperate need. I keep hearing about it.

Yet here in Toronto, I keep finding grads coming here for jobs because there was nothing back home. No jobs. No prospects. Nothing. Most of the people from out east hate it here. But they are here out of necessity.

So do you guys have a DESPERATE need out there for immigrants and what are you going to do about it?

Also as a province you can control your own immigration like Quebec does.. so what is your stance on that?

Lack of Prosperity?

Are you insane?

Sure the more rural areas of Nova Scotia aren't exactly booming.

But I'd say Halifax is doing VERY VERY well in these times.

Nova Scotia consistently ranks at or near the bottom in terms of economic performance. We are a have-not province dependent on hand outs from the Federal government, either as equalization payments or development funding. People are leaving in droves. Parts of Cape Breton are depopulating. We are projected to lose more than 100,000 people in the next 20 years. More than half of immigrants to NS leave after five years due to lack of opportunities, presumably in and around Halifax. Halifax doing well? Have you walked along Barrington or Gottingen street lately?

Nova Scotia consistently ranks at or near the bottom in terms of economic performance. We are a have-not province dependent on hand outs from the Federal government, either as equalization payments or development funding. People are leaving in droves.

Then why do so many guest workers come into NS and why do I hear politicians and 'groups' on the CBC radio saying that NS is in 'desperate need' of immigrants?

Now YOU are stating you want to be a politician and run things so I'm asking YOU to touch on this issue rather than avoid it.

Then why do so many guest workers come into NS and why do I hear politicians and 'groups' on the CBC radio saying that NS is in 'desperate need' of immigrants?

Maybe if you actually looked at the dismal growth numbers for N+L, NS, and NB, you'd understand why people say that. The growth numbers aren't even keeping pace with the dismal economic performance numbers.

Maybe if you actually looked at the dismal growth numbers for N+L, NS, and NB, you'd understand why people say that. The growth numbers aren't even keeping pace with the dismal economic performance numbers.

Actually N+L is one of the only two provinces (Sask. is the other) to have a budget surplus, so to include N+L in your analysis would be incorrect.

Actually N+L is one of the only two provinces (Sask. is the other) to have a budget surplus, so to include N+L in your analysis would be incorrect.

Newfoundland and Labrador has negative population growth, and they have had for quite some time,d espite an improving economy.

In a 9 billion dollar budget 4.5 of which goes to health and education another billion which goes the debt you saved a Billion? Yah ok sure I believe you and Santa are bringing all the presents this year. Seriously a BILLION dollars? Not even the NS Liberal party would try to pass these phony numbers.

Are you suggesting that every region of the world that has a negative population growth has a policy of letting anyone into their regions?

Or is it just Canada (and somewhat Australia) that pretty much lets anyone and their relatives just 'wander in' to places with huge unemployment, no jobs, no prosperity.

You are giving the argument of 'if Canada does it, it must make sense'.

Well guess what.. NO ONE ELSE IS DOING IT AND JUST BECAUSE THERE IS A F*** NEGATIVE POPULATION GROWTH IT DOESN'T JUSTIFY PEOPLE IN RAGS WHO DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH AND ARE ELDERLY WALKING OFF THE PLANE WITH THEIR HAND OUT LOOKING FOR SOMETHING IN NOVA SCOTIA.

Now YOU are stating you want to be a politician and run things so I'm asking YOU to touch on this issue rather than avoid it.

Immigration is pointless until you fix the underlying problem. Why negative population growth? Lack of opportunities same thing as lack of prosperity. Until we address that fundamental fact, and we are the ONLY party in Nova Scotia doing that, then discussions on population flow are irrelevant.

Immigration is pointless until you fix the underlying problem. Why negative population growth? Lack of opportunities same thing as lack of prosperity. Until we address that fundamental fact, and we are the ONLY party in Nova Scotia doing that, then discussions on population flow are irrelevant.

People wandering into Nova Scotia from the third world is a valid issue for citizens.