Reject the election. Don’t mark your ballot!

I support the current system because it works pretty well.

That hardly makes me an authoritarian. In fact, when I take the test, I am slightly right economically (0.12) and quite libertarian (-5.85).

If you want to change the system to improve it then I may support some or all of those changes - assuming I know what changes are being proposed, of course.

However, by spoiling/rejecting your ballot you're not actively participating in our existing (albeit flawed) democracy and are telling the rest of us "dick" about what you do want.

Once again, a passive aggressive "solution" that will change nothing (well, other than the number of spoiled/rejected ballots).

Works pretty well? Tell us it's democratic virtues.

I believe you when you tell me your test scores. So you need to re-think your commitment to the current scheme of things and get some vision and then decide to act. Others have. All we can do at the moment is raise consciousness even if just a little, that is a very modest goal for this blank ballot campaign.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works pretty well? Tell us it's democratic virtues.

I believe you when you tell me your test scores. So you need to re-think your commitment to the current scheme of things and get some vision and then decide to act. Others have. All we can do at the moment is raise consciousness even if just a little, that is a very modest goal for this blank ballot campaign.

I do act in my own way. Voting is one step, and being active in political parties at various times (and at various levels of government) is another way.

I'm pro-business, generally, which, to you would make me an authoritarian. Of course, I don't force people to overspend on their credit cards so I know that's a crock of sh!t.

As for my test scores: I'm a social libertarian and Canada allows gay marriage, people are free to love whomever they want, abortion is accessed reasonably well, women can walk the streets reasonably safely and with their tops off if they so choose, people can smoke weed virtually unmolested by the cops if they so choose etc.

IOW, we have it pretty good here despite whatever you think our system lacks.

I do act in my own way. Voting is one step, and being active in political parties at various times (and at various levels of government) is another way.

I'm pro-business, generally, which, to you would make me an authoritarian. Of course, I don't force people to overspend on their credit cards so I know that's a crock of sh!t.

As for my test scores: I'm a social libertarian and Canada allows gay marriage, people are free to love whomever they want, abortion is accessed reasonably well, women can walk the streets reasonably safely and with their tops off if they so choose, people can smoke weed virtually unmolested by the cops if they so choose etc.

IOW, we have it pretty good here despite whatever you think our system lacks.

msj, you and I are pretty close politically. Being pro-business isn't authoritarian, it is pro-freedom and pro-liberty. Thank you for being active, more people need to be like you.

‘It’s a big game and you ain’t in it.’ – George Carlin

Political reform is THE issue in the election. We want every Canadian to do their duty and vote but since no parties or independent candidates endorse reform the only alternative is the ‘third way’, voting a blank ballot. This is perfectly valid and Elections Canada counts and reports these ballots in the same way as ballots for candidates.

Erosion of our democarcy

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Opinion/1237470.html

‘It’s a big game and you ain’t in it.’ – George Carlin

Political reform is THE issue in the election. We want every Canadian to do their duty and vote but since no parties or independent candidates endorse reform the only alternative is the ‘third way’, voting a blank ballot. This is perfectly valid and Elections Canada counts and reports these ballots in the same way as ballots for candidates.

Erosion of our democarcy

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Opinion/1237470.html

This stuff is about as useful as the BQ party. While our democracy is flawed, mostly because of the ME generation of selfishness, it is the same in most of the democratic world. What is happening here is no different than what is happening in the US or England. What you are suggesting is foolish and a waste of time. It proves nothing and does not make a difference.

My simple statement is: get out and vote for the best party for Canada! Let the results decide. Ignore the BS that the MSM is spouting and listen to the leaders & the local candidates and vote for the one who sounds like they have the best plan. Those who don't vote or leave a blank ballot are fools!

This stuff is about as useful as the BQ party. While our democracy is flawed, mostly because of the ME generation of selfishness, it is the same in most of the democratic world. What is happening here is no different than what is happening in the US or England. What you are suggesting is foolish and a waste of time. It proves nothing and does not make a difference.

My simple statement is: get out and vote for the best party for Canada! Let the results decide. Ignore the BS that the MSM is spouting and listen to the leaders & the local candidates and vote for the one who sounds like they have the best plan. Those who don't vote or leave a blank ballot are fools!

What is wrong with sending a positive message requesting reform? Why is that foolish?

Students Need to Vote

Are you a student with no interest in the political scene? Can’t see the point in voting when nothing is going to change?

There is a third way.

Political reform should be the issue in the election. So get involved. Read each party’s platform, talk to all of your candidates and ask how they and their parties are going to make Canada more democratic so you have a real voice. If they have nothing substantive to say about reform beyond vague promises consider the ‘third way’, voting a blank ballot; the ‘none of the above’ option. Your ballot blank on May 2 will send a clear positive message that Canadians want democratic reform and that none of the choices are acceptable.

We want every Canadian to do their duty and vote. Voting a blank ballot is perfectly valid and Elections Canada counts and reports these ballots in the same way as ballots for candidates.

So get involved and make an informed decision. Say no to the status quo.

Lets fight for something we can believe in!

We want every Canadian to do their duty and vote. Voting a blank ballot is perfectly valid and Elections Canada counts and reports these ballots in the same way as ballots for candidates.

Yes...they are called spoiled ballots

Join the Spoiled Ballots party!!!