Gun Control

The stupid ones who rely on registration.

It was another Cop who said, but you dont recall posting it right? :lol: Par for the course

How they run on native population? Btw, Winnipoeg beat them all. By far.

Move the goalposts why doncha :lol:

"Another idiot engaging mouth before brain."

He , and you, sure are :lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Native population ? What does that have to do with your idiotic Cop quotes?

If the cops are idiot you should listen to Wendy Cukie :)

Its called moving the goalposts.

Like changing $2 million registration to $2 billion, totally unfinished one?

Hey Saipan what do Asians like you need unregistered guns for anyway?

And some can't wait to have Police State in Canada.

"I came to Ottawa in November with the firm belief that the only people in

this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers"

- - - Alan Rock, "Taking Aim on Guns" Maclean's, April 25, 1994, pg.12

"The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession

any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other types of arms. The possession of these

elements make difficult the collection of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

Therefore, the heads of provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect

all the weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government."

Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun 29 August 1558

What?

Isn't that how it's suppose to work?

Of course I don't mean that, it is a multicultural country these days.

The cost the cost right... a few million in unneeded federal policing funds.

So why not run it without any costs and just make people do the things without fees? You know have gun store owners required to send in their sales to the local police forces, and the local police forces to look at who bought the guns and send it off to the central databank.. all for free?

Is that so hard?

Edited by Esq

Police forces have "volunteer civil staff" that cost the tax payer $0.

I don't see why this has to be such a costly issue of 15 cents per Canadian. (my gosh I bet bullets cost less than that-- you could have every Canadian fire one bullet for that cost)

How many guns are bought a year in canada?

Surely some zealot gun registry activists can volunteer to register and track these things and save the tax payer a few dollars as a result.

I'm sure there must be one in every community.

Edited by Esq

Hey Saipan what do Asians like you need unregistered guns for anyway?

1) What makes tou think I'm Asian?

2) What has race to do with anything?

3) Who needs to know, and why?

What?

OK here it's again:

"I came to Ottawa in November with the firm belief that the only people in

this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers"

- - - Alan Rock, "Taking Aim on Guns" Maclean's, April 25, 1994, pg.12

"The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession

any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other types of arms. The possession of these

elements make difficult the collection of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

Therefore, the heads of provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect

all the weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government."

Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun 29 August 1558

Isn't that how it's suppose to work?

In Police State, yes. Not in Canada.

So why not run it without any costs and just make people do the things without fees? You know have gun store owners required to send in their sales to the local police forces, and the local police forces to look at who bought the guns and send it off to the central databank.. all for free?

WHY?

Police forces have "volunteer civil staff" that cost the tax payer $0.

Really? To do what?

Collect registration data for mafia or street gangs??

I don't see why this has to be such a costly issue of 15 cents per Canadian. (my gosh I bet bullets cost less than that

You just lost your bet. Bullets cost more. Then comes primers, powder and brass. And so whole cartridge is $1 and up.

BWT, phone call to Miramich NB cost lot more.

How many guns are bought a year in canada?

Couple million +/-

Really? To do what?

Collect registration data for mafia or street gangs??

You just lost your bet. Bullets cost more. Then comes primers, powder and brass. And so whole cartridge is $1 and up.

BWT, phone call to Miramich NB cost lot more.

Couple million +/-

http://ingunowners.com/forums/ammunition_and_reloading/55235-ammo_cost_per_round_price_chart_inside.html

That is actually suprising I wouldn't expect a population of under 40 million to buy one new gun per 20 people per year.

"5 MILLION GUNS IMPORTED BETWEEN 1970-1998 – JUSTICE DEPT."

Yet you are saying now each year half the number of guns imported in 30 years, is bought every year?

Where are you getting your numbers from?

or in 55 years

8 MILLION GUNS IMPORTED BETWEEN 1945-2000 – CSSA

1974 – 10 MILLION FIREARMS IN CANADA WITH ¼ MILLION GUNS

The number of guns bought is just stagering for you to say a couple million. Why are there so many guns.

In a decade with your numbers everyone in Canada would have got a gun between 2000 and 2010.

"long-term average net annual importation

of firearms into Canada (imports minus exports) was 190,000 per year."

This means that I'm guessing new gun purchases must sit somewhere around 190000 guns.

There seems to be about 20 million longguns already owned?

How many more guns are needed?

This stuff is like pennies a shot

http://www.ammunitiongalore.com.au/index_files/Federal_Ammunition.htm

This was priced as low as about 4 cents per round.. on the federal .22

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/965872/?fwcs=ta377461

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FA510

Edited by Esq

wow

September 2010, the Canadian Firearms Program recorded a total of 1,831,327 valid firearm licences

That is 1 in 20 canadians who actually can legally own guns..

yet there are 5 to 10 long guns per legal owner?

How many new guns and registrations are left?

That is about 2$ per liscended gun owner. Can't you just have the fee respective in the registration fee?

with the 190000 that means each gun owner buys a new imported gun every 10 years or 1 in 10 each year.

-----

As far as the mafia and street gangs, I think that is what police can do. I'm pretty sure everyone is known to police though - as most of this stuff is public knowledge, isn't it.

Its not like "organized" or "local" criminal groups are unknown to police.

Most of these figures are well known locally, in court documents, or tracked by intelligence and federal police forces globally.

Saipan you seem to be a little out of touch with how the world works.

There are many reasons not to move in on something but usually it requires sufficient grounds to intercede. Certain things need to fall into place for there to be movement on some individuals.

Its all about what makes what, not what looks like what.

Edited by Esq

That is actually suprising I wouldn't expect a population of under 40 million to buy one new gun per 20 people per year.

You would, because you know very little about it. How many guns YOU have?

"5 MILLION GUNS IMPORTED BETWEEN 1970-1998 JUSTICE DEPT."

I, like most of my friends, sold, bought and traded at least 25+ times since that time. Let's say it's just 10. So that makes it 50 million+. AND you also somehow forgot domestic production.

Where are you getting your numbers from?

Unlike you from real life facts.

1974 10 MILLION FIREARMS IN CANADA WITH ¼ MILLION GUNS

Is that some Copperfield math?

In a decade with your numbers everyone in Canada would have got a gun between 2000 and 2010.

No, they don't. Some have 5 to 200

This means that I'm guessing new gun purchases must sit somewhere around 190000 guns.

Could be. But well over 90% are NOT new. I bough couple from late 1800's, 1888 to be specific.

How many more guns are needed?

How many more cars are needed? Who needs three cars?

Edited by Saipan

wow

September 2010, the Canadian Firearms Program recorded a total of 1,831,327 valid firearm licences

That is 1 in 20 canadians who actually can legally own guns..

How many indians and/or people like farmers who don't really give a rat's ass.

How many new guns and registrations are left?

What makes you think you register only new ones. Did you give your son one of your guns without re-registraton? May become illegal, but for now fortunately we still have amnesty - since 1998. Except handguns.

That is about 2$ per liscended gun owner.

WHAT is?

Where did the near $2 Billion go?

As far as the mafia and street gangs, I think that is what police can do.

"Do" what?

Btw, police storage in Toronto was robbed.

Its not like "organized" or "local" criminal groups are unknown to police.

So WHAT is done about them?

There are many reasons not to move in on something but usually it requires sufficient grounds to intercede. Certain things need to fall into place for there to be movement on some individuals.

How about several arrests on weapon charges, robery, drug dealing. And the Liberal Catch & Release program. Why do we have dangerous REPEAT offenders?

Edited by Saipan

You would, because you know very little about it. How many guns YOU have?

I, like most of my friends, sold, bought and traded at least 25+ times since that time. Let's say it's just 10. So that makes it 50 million+. AND you also somehow forgot domestic production.

Unlike you from real life facts.

Is that some Copperfield math?

For someone who owns and trades their guns every year apparently (and no I don't think it is hardship, nor stupid, to tell police you have given your gun to someone else, you don't seem to be keen on the firearms test definitions. How did you get your PAL without knowning the difference between a firearm and a gun?

No, they don't. Some have 5 to 200

Why?

Sounds like a gun second hand shop to me.

These things cost between $200-$1000 regularly. I would want that insured thus registered.

Heck just think what could be done if those guns were stolden during a break in. Or one was snuck out used in a crime then snuck back in.

Could be. But well over 90% are NOT new. I bough couple from late 1800's, 1888 to be specific.

Ok so what is the hardship in notifying police that you have sold or given away your gun? Did you do a background check, what if they are a rapist or murderor? What if they are a forger? What if they are a spy or foreign agent? You could be giving your gun to Lee Harvey Oswald II or Al Qaeda - forged documents arn't hard. Who is checking in on that?

How many more cars are needed? Who needs three cars?

A good old gun is still good, gun tech and design hasn't altered that much in rifles since WWII.

Touting yourself as an expert then failing gun 101 ain't exactly glamourous.

---------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun

see the difference

Generally "gun" in Canada refers to longgun or handgun.

There are other types of firearms.

What happens when the police can't check this?

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/columnists/andrew_hanon/2010/06/23/14492806.html

Edited by Esq

When Arizona made it legal to conceal/carry personal crime plummeted. Coincidence? I think not. Thugs will think twice about mugging, robbing, raping someone if they know everyone could be carrying a firearm.

I'm not in favor of making firearms more easily accessible or obtainable. Just to let law abiding citizens the choice to carry a weapon for personal protection if they so desire.

For someone who owns and trades their guns every year apparently (and no I don't think it is hardship, nor stupid, to tell police you have given your gun to someone else

You need to learn how the system works. Police no longer want to know. You have to call Miramichi 1-800-731-4000

you don't seem to be keen on the firearms test definitions.

As an istructor I have to.

Why?

Why not?

These things cost between $200-$1000 regularly. I would want that insured thus registered.

And you're free to do just that. How many you registered?

Heck just think what could be done if those guns were stolden during a break in.

They would be confiscated by police and you'd never see them again - IF they found them.

Or one was snuck out used in a crime then snuck back in.

That happen 100 time more often with cars. But no one ever "snuck" either of them back again.

Ok so what is the hardship in notifying police that you have sold or given away your gun?

I already explained how that works.

Did you do a background check, what if they are a rapist or murderor? What if they are a forger? What if they are a spy or foreign agent? You could be giving your gun to Lee Harvey Oswald II or Al Qaeda - forged documents arn't hard. Who is checking in on that?

The one who issues a PAL licence. Btw, I don't issue a passport or a driver's licence either. Do you?

Edited by Saipan

He did.

Cus you're a simpleton I will spell it out....

"I'm not in favor of making firearms more easily accessible or obtainable. Just to let law abiding citizens the choice to carry a weapon for personal protection if they so desire

Cant be more accessible than on ones hip. Which by the way will not be here in your lifetime .

Its english, I know sorry.

Cus you're a simpleton I will spell it out....

"I'm not in favor of making firearms more easily accessible or obtainable. Just to let law abiding citizens the choice to carry a weapon for personal protection if they so desire

Cant be more accessible than on ones hip. Which by the way will not be here in your lifetime .

Its english, I know sorry.

Speaking of English. The keyword is lawabiding

I.e. easy for one with a licence but not available in general.

Speaking of English. The keyword is lawabiding

I.e. easy for one with a licence but not available in general.

Whoops....

:lol: Except that isnt a word. There is "law-abiding" , but again you dont get the reference. By the way, that was in quotes and came from Mr Canada.

He didnt want access, but wants access everyday.