Hilarious Story...

dre

Sorry I dunno where I should post this...

Blue Collar Hero or Menace?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/08/09/new.york.escape.chute.opened/index.html?hpt=C1

This flight attendant told a passenger not to open the overhead luggage compartment while the plane was still taxiing and the passenger told him to go **** himself. The argument escalated and the flight attendant got on the intercomm and told the passengers that they were a bunch of **** morons.

Then he grabbed two beers from a refreshment cart, deployed the emergency evacuation shoot, slid down it and fucked off across the tarmac with a beer in each hand.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Would the reaction be the same store worker tossed a brick though the store window on his way out?

Deploying the slide is funny but it is a type of vandalism that costs his former employer money. He should be, at a minimum, expected to pay back all costs incurred by Jet Blue as a result of his 'vandalism'.

Edited by TimG

He was out of line. But I think people can identify to a degree, and enjoy this kind of behaviour vicariously.

He's no hero, blue-collar or otherwise, but "menace" has connotations that don't fit.

Yeah, he IS facing criminal charges and he probably deserves to pay a little fine or whatever. But I still thought the story was hilarious.

Yeah, he IS facing criminal charges and he probably deserves to pay a little fine or whatever. But I still thought the story was hilarious.

And just the sort of thing that will get him some dates on the talk show circuit, maybe a book about the incident and then a role on some truly bad reality-TV show that employs has-beens that never really were.

Good laughs often involve breaking some eggs.

Like poor Tye Thomas - the 21 year old mayor of Gun Barrel City Texas ....

Thomas was arrested for public intoxication (also a misdemeanor) after he called police repeatedly, demanding to be arrested.[6]

A few weeks later, after serving 54 weeks in office, Thomas resigned as mayor.