Natives to win HST concessions from Ottawa

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason I emphasized it was because it is a simple FACT 'bloodyminded' could not recognize or pretended he could not recognize it, relating to why Natives are treated indifferently or disliked as he put it.

Since you agreed with the sentiment that I was criticizing, wholeheartedly, and made no effort to correct it, this means you dislike them as well.

If not...well, unfortunately, we can't read your unspoken thoughts, and decode your assertions so that they mean other than what they say.

Just correcting the definition of your obsolete word..."misspoke".

This of course does not necessarily mean that almost everything you type relates to obsolete English and is hard or difficult to understand.

Mmm. And "hard or difficult" is truly pristine English.

For that matter, so is "relates to obsolete English."

The child star strikes back.

The dusty old internet crank strikes back. Like striking back with overcooked spaghetti left in the sauce overnight. If you know what I mean. Yawn.

I am so tired of the Natives getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

Wanna get technical? I say take all the money, and bury it with the ancestors we "wronged" so badly. What have we done to the modern natives that they deserve it, you know, aside from the heinous benefits of western technology.

By all means, they deserve reasonable compensation for the horror of the residential schools, but beyond that, I see no reason we keep paying them. We have long rejected the concept of collective guilt. How am I guilty of something I have not even the faintest connection to? My parents are both Europeans who immigrated long after this mess.

Stop it with the tax cuts and the protection payments (face it, that's all they are). They need to be treated like every other member of society. Equality in rights. Plus, at this point, the government has payed them all over tenfold for whatever land we "stole", never mind what was signed off.

Edited by TheLastCanadian

I am so tired of the Natives getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives Convicts getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives GM CEO's getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives Policians getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives Public Servants getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

Interesting. One could make a game of it...

If we're going to imprison convicts, we the better if we feed them. Otherwise the jails might get a little stinky, and the poor warden doesn't deserve that.

The natives can support themselves, they aren't in a prison.

And yes, many of those things could be appropriately subbed into the statement, especially when you consider our politicians love falling head over heels for anything that makes them money or gives them power.

I also strongly disagree with public servants getting covered for so much.

^I almost didn't notice I typed agree!

As for the game, you seem to know how to fill in the blanks, how about another go?

Edited by TheLastCanadian

I am so tired of the Natives Anglo-white males getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives American Corporations getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives Oil Companies getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives Anglo-white males getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives American Corporations getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives Oil Companies getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I just can't resist this one!

Do you realize the logic of your argument? Essentially, you are saying that because 3 other groups are getting away with something wrong that YOUR group is entitled to something they don't deserve!

Geez, if that's the way things work how about everybody rip everybody off for EVERYTHING??!!

Have you no sense of cause and effect, of justice as an absolute? Oh no, I forgot. Because there have been so many white biased judges you have no reason to be impartial yourself.

No wonder things never get resolved...

As for the game, you seem to know how to fill in the blanks, how about another go?

I am so tired of the Natives Churches getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives Charities getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives new Immigrants getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I am so tired of the Natives Parliament Cafeteria getting a free ride on the Canadian taxpayer's money for something we simply did not do to them.

I just can't resist this one!

Do you realize the logic of your argument? Essentially, you are saying that because 3 other groups are getting away with something wrong that YOUR group is entitled to something they don't deserve!

Geez, if that's the way things work how about everybody rip everybody off for EVERYTHING??!!

Have you no sense of cause and effect, of justice as an absolute? Oh no, I forgot. Because there have been so many white biased judges you have no reason to be impartial yourself.

No wonder things never get resolved...

The trouble with your sense of justice WB is that all the identified groups are getting away with taking advantage of Canadian taxpayers.Native people are not and based on treaty, agreements and moral justification, natives are entitled to the things they get, including tax-free status and protection under the Charter. Your sense of justice is skewed if you believe otherwise.

Why take it out on the FN people. Why not the Fed. Tories and Ontario Libs? They were the ones to set this ball rolling. Today, I heard that the farmers want to be excempt too. Are you to go after them on here too? IF people in Ontario, don't like which we don't, than we should have prtoested like BC. Election day is coming up for both, the Feds and Ontario, so remember it when you vote.

Why take it out on the FN people. Why not the Fed. Tories and Ontario Libs? They were the ones to set this ball rolling. Today, I heard that the farmers want to be excempt too. Are you to go after them on here too? IF people in Ontario, don't like which we don't, than we should have prtoested like BC. Election day is coming up for both, the Feds and Ontario, so remember it when you vote.

Yawntarians don't vote. They patronize anyone who shakes their hand.

The federal government is set to give aboriginals a major concession on Ontario’s new harmonized sales tax....

Looks like the point-of-sale exemption for status natives will be continued in Ontario after the HST is implemented.

maybe we they should institute the pale-face tax, perhaps surrender 15 to 20% of all white incomes to give to our brilliant, useful sacrosanct natives... who do so much for us, like the grimy innuk dude I see every day getting high on crack and squeegeeing the windshields of terrified motorists.

cuz you just know doing anything else "beez rayciss and sheeyut"

maybe we they should institute the pale-face tax, perhaps surrender 15 to 20% of all white incomes to give to our brilliant, useful sacrosanct natives... who do so much for us, like the grimy innuk dude I see every day getting high on crack and squeegeeing the windshields of terrified motorists.

cuz you just know doing anything else "beez rayciss and sheeyut"

Get help.