Can't compete with immigrants.

that is a free market, supply and demand...

Yes and the free market isn't free. It's regulated in order the SKEW how it behaves. We all know this.

Right now it's being SKEWED to have an over supply of labor (in Canada.. other countries are NOT doing this.. we are litterally the only ones doing this to our own population).

When this happens the market does it's thing - wages go down, house pricing goes up, jobs become harder to get, education and training becomes devalued. It's simple supply and demand.

Again lets make this clear. Canada is literally the ONLY country that is actively doing this to it's population. That's because our country is one big pyramid scheme. Whatever keeps the Liberal political machine running is what matters. And the Conservatives supporting EVEN MORE coming in order to gain some sort of political points is CRAZY.

(remember John Tory with his funding of ethnic schools trying to win the election. They KNEW who was really in control of the election - the immigrants. This is WHY immigration is continuing. The CPC are trying become the Immigrant party so THEY can be in full power. To BOTH PARTIES - F*** OFF!! YOU ARE CAUSING ME TO LOSE WORK AND LOSE MY COUNTRY, COMMUNITY, AND DREAM).

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case you haven't been paying attention they are regions of Canada that have high unemployment.

:rolleyes: supply and demand, logistics, labour force, raw material sources...see any auto plants in western Canada, no? why do you think that is?...see any oil production in Quebec why do you think that is?...how is that hydroponic cucumber business doing in NFLD? failed! why is that?
If the technology does not exist, they can set up shop in those regions. I will await how you worm yourself out of this one.

corporations like Maple Leaf obviously have more sense than you otherwise they'd all be out of business...

To go further with Maple Leaf, they are now part of a program called the provincial nominee program.

http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/browse/howtoimmigrate/pnp/

Here's more information on that program. It's a very good idea. It's filling the positions in Manitoba that need to be filled.

Edited by Smallc

Again lets make this clear. Canada is literally the ONLY country that is actively doing this to it's population. That's because our country is one big pyramid scheme. Whatever keeps the Liberal political machine running is what matters. And the Conservatives supporting EVEN MORE coming in order to gain some sort of political points is CRAZY.

actually lets make this clear, every western industrialized country is doing exactly what Canada is, Germany, France, Japan, Netherlands, Sweden every country is relying on immigration to offset low birth rates...only the USA is replacing it's population and growing without immigration but still it wants immigrants for the same reason as every other country, growth....economies are tied to a system of continual growth to function that's the reality , deal with it...

To go further with Maple Leaf, they are now part of a program called the provincial nominee program.

http://www2.immigratemanitoba.com/browse/howtoimmigrate/pnp/

Here's more information on that program. It's a very good idea. It's filling the positions in Manitoba that need to be filled.

the sad truth is any Canadian can have these jobs but they go begging for Canadian applicants...

I recall a freind years ago he had research job at the local university, he was English and on a work permit every year he went through the agony of having his job opened for applicants from across Canada if a Canadian wanted it and was qualified he was out of a job...eventually it happened and moved on to Australia...don't know if that's still the case for foreign workers but I imagine when they lose they job they must find another or leave...

I'm sure mikedavid00 could snag one of those MapleLeaf jobs, probably $20 per hour and the cost of living in Brandon can't be bad...

the cost of living in Brandon can't be bad...

Not bad. I think it's a bit higher than Winnipeg, but still below average for cities across Canada. There are of course other rural choices even here with a lower cost of living. Up until recently, I worked at a job that took me to many different manufacturing plants. Immigrants made up the bulk of the workforce at all of the plants...because no one else is willing to do the work.

Edited by Smallc

Not bad. I think it's a bit higher than Winnipeg, but still below average for cities across Canada. There are of course other rural choices even here with a lower cost of living. Up until recently, I worked at a job that took me to many different manufacturing plants. Immigrants made up the bulk of the workforce at all of the plants...because no one else is willing to do the work.

I'm surprised to hear Brandon is more expensive than the Peg, wages must be good...

Canadians not wanting those jobs isn't surprising that's the same in any country with immigrants, they take the bulk of the entry level jobs and jobs that no one wants...I know two engineers one Chinese and the other Russian one is a janitor the other a brick layer and a former Uni professor who is now a mechanic...so here are immigrants willing to do whatever they can to support themselves and their families and we have Canadians refusing jobs and blaming immigrants for their situation...

Edited by wyly

I'm surprised to hear Brandon is more expensive than the Peg, wages must be good...

It's not much different really, a very similar price...it is though, very difficult to get an apartment...All Manitoba cities have a vacancy rate of under 1%. Rent control is partly to blame.

that is a free market, supply and demand...product is too expensive, make it cheaper or better or go broke..too many fishermen then retrain, too many butchers, retrain..the good get jobs those who aren't retrain or get kicked to the curb...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice dodge! You claim the technology doesn't exist which it does. You are fine with them importing workers to help mapleleaf's business. If they have to resort to importing workers rather than invest in technology, they can relocate their operations to where there are people who will do the work.

Evil Followers beget more evil followers.

:rolleyes: supply and demand, logistics, labour force, raw material sources...see any auto plants in western Canada, no? why do you think that is?...see any oil production in Quebec why do you think that is?...how is that hydroponic cucumber business doing in NFLD? failed! why is that?

corporations like Maple Leaf obviously have more sense than you otherwise they'd all be out of business...

Take away the import labour, and they will change their tune.

actually lets make this clear, every western industrialized country is doing exactly what Canada is, Germany, France, Japan, Netherlands, Sweden every country is relying on immigration to offset low birth rates...only the USA is replacing it's population and growing without immigration but still it wants immigrants for the same reason as every other country, growth....economies are tied to a system of continual growth to function that's the reality , deal with it...

The difference is, in Germany and France, Immigrants get nothing. Immigrants genuinly get the jobs they don't want. Immigrants don't get credit to buy anything and they certainly are NOT looked at as citizens. Why should I accept your BS to propogate immigrants at the expense of Canadians.

BS

It's not much different really, a very similar price...it is though, very difficult to get an apartment...All Manitoba cities have a vacancy rate of under 1%. Rent control is partly to blame.

Is it?

You are noob and wet behind the ears to life. What do you know? Governments and builder conspiracy purposely avoid building high resident construction( apartments) in favor of homes. The lifecycle of hise rise construction is Condominium. After a period it is converted to apartments. Vacancy of whatever is contrived and conspired. Don't ever think, or believe diffent. Canada is not about nuturing life its about sucking blood from a stone.

Guest TrueMetis

Take your lumps. Telling someone to relocate is not a solution.

You just said the immigrants should have to relocate but apparently David get a freaking exemption, hypocrite.

whowhere's utter hatred for immigrants is quite disconcerting. You can almost feel the hate as a palpable thing radiating out from your computer screen while reading his posts.

Our immigration policy could definitely use examining, but the problem lies with our government and its policies, not with the immigrants, who, for the most part, immigrate because they are looking for a better life.

whowhere's utter hatred for immigrants is quite disconcerting. You can almost feel the hate as a palpable thing radiating out from your computer screen while reading his posts.

Our immigration policy could definitely use examining, but the problem lies with our government and its policies, not with the immigrants, who, for the most part, immigrate because they are looking for a better life.

Really? If there is hate, it would not be towards the immigrants. If you have read my posts, you would find boomer garbage in the mix as well. :huh: Canada stands alone on its abuse of its people with its policis on immigration. I suggest Canada step back and look at what other Countries are doing before pandering any further.

Guest TrueMetis

It's called be a genuine patriotic Canadian, whore.

Another hypocritical statement seeing as all you ever do on these forums is complain about Canada. And again reported.