Ignored people sending me messages

Argus

I got an ignorant personal message from one of the wack jobs that has been on my ignore list for some time. I don't see any way of altering the settings so that the aforementioned wack job can't send me further personal messages. Anyone know what I'm missing?

Guest American Woman

I got an ignorant personal message from one of the wack jobs that has been on my ignore list for some time. I don't see any way of altering the settings so that the aforementioned wack job can't send me further personal messages. Anyone know what I'm missing?

When you click on your message, a "participants" box will be visible on the left; the option to "block" the sender is right under the sender's info.

Edited by American Woman

When you click on your message, a "participants" box will be visible on the left; the option to "block" the sender is right under the sender's info.

Sorry but I don't see it. There is an option to turn notifications off for "this conversation", and options to PM the wack job or add him as a friend. I see nothing there to block him from sending me messages, though.

Guest American Woman

Sorry but I don't see it. There is an option to turn notifications off for "this conversation", and options to PM the wack job or add him as a friend. I see nothing there to block him from sending me messages, though.

You have to click on the message so the message comes up in the screen. To the left of that message, you will find the "participants." It lists both parties, the sender and the receiver, and in red, under the participant's info, it says "Block." If you click on "block," it will say "block this user." That should block you from getting private messages from that user.

Edited to add: I just noticed that under "manage ignored users" at the top of this page, there's an option to "Ignore Personal Conversations;" just type in the member's name, and check that box.

Edited by American Woman

On the menu on the top right, "Manage Ignored Users", when you click on it you get two options. One option says "Ignore Personal Conversations". Did you try that? I don't have anyone on my ignored list, so can't say what this actually does.

Last option, click "DELETE".

It is rather complicated. Let us know if you need any more help with this

:lol:

Edited by Sir Bandelot

On the menu on the top right, "Manage Ignored Users", when you click on it you get two options. One option says "Ignore Personal Conversations". Did you try that? I don't have anyone on my ignored list, so can't say what this actually does.

Well this is the type of guy who sends me a message titled "Faggot" with a body consisting of the word "Redneck".

I don't put people on my ignore list because they're jerks or because I think their politics is idiotic. I only put them on my ignore list when I believe their posts have absolutely no value, even as entertainment.

I think AM's solution didn't work because he was already on my ignored list. I did do as you said earlier, and got the message that I'm already ignoring this user. But when I check my manage ignored users list now he's listed as blocked for both posts and PMs so maybe it worked after all.

The ignore list is stupid. What makes you one so special?

• 3 weeks later...