Republican Plan For Line-Item Veto

Republican's have tabled a plan to give President Obama a line-item veto.

Press Release

Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI), Senator John McCain (R-AZ) and Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI) have reintroduced legislation to create a line-item veto to target wasteful earmarks, improve congressional accountability, and deter lawmakers from inserting "Bridges to Nowhere" or other frivolous spending into future bills. Among its key provisions, the Congressional Accountability and Line-item Veto Act will:

* Ensure timely congressional consideration of earmark rescission requests by the President. This will enable the president to propose the removal of wasteful earmarks from legislation that arrives on his desk for signature and send these earmarks back to Congress for expedited votes on whether or not to rescind funding.

* Give the House and Senate 12 legislative days after the President sends a rescission request to Congress to bring a rescission bill for consideration on the floor of the full House and Senate.

* Respect and preserve Congress’ constitutional responsibilities by requiring that both the House and Senate pass a rescission request before it can become law. If either the House or Senate votes against a rescission by a simple majority, it is not enacted.

* Require the President to submit earmark rescission requests to Congress within 30 calendar days of signing a bill into law.

* Limit the number of rescission requests per bill, to guard against gridlock in Congress due to multiple rescission proposals. Under this legislation, the President can propose one rescission package per ordinary bill, or two rescission packages for omnibus legislation. Each rescission request may include multiple earmarks.

* Sunset at the end of 2014, after two presidential administrations have had the opportunity to work with Congress to employ this tool to control spending. The sunset provision would give Congress the ability to review this legislation and decide whether to renew it.

I think this is a great idea. With a Republicn congress in 2010, both Republicans and the President can work together in a fashion similar to Clinton/Gingrich in the 1990's. It's probably not possible to balance the budget anytime soon, but it certainly should be possible to make a lot of progress in that direction.

Three cheers for Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin! A rising star of the GOP. It was his idea to reintroduce this legislation, which is fantastic. Not only is it bipartisan, it's substantive, and should lead to positive results.

Republican's have tabled a plan to give President Obama a line-item veto.

Psst... Shady, I really hate to be the grammar cop. Nobody likes grammar cops. But your tendency to include an apostrophe whenever you make a noun plural is driving me nuts. My grade 2 teacher made it clear to me. Just add an 's'! Or, if it ends in 'y', change the 'y' to 'i' and and 'es.' Apostrophes are for possessives and contractions only!

Thanks.

Now continue trying to mislead people.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FIRST THREE WORDS IN SHADY'S STORY!!!!!

Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI)

DEMOCRAT! You are a liar!!!!!!!!

And you're an idiot. The idea was Paul Ryan's. Yes, the names on the press release are in alphabetical order. You're a GD genius! :lol:

Guest American Woman

And you're an idiot. The idea was Paul Ryan's. Yes, the names on the press release are in alphabetical order. You're a GD genius! :lol:

Uh, no. Feingold and Ryan introduced it together. It's only a "Republican Plan" in your dreams. <_<

You know Clinton had the line item veto right? The Supreme court took it a way from him. So Paul Ryan went back in time thought about it before it was given to Clinton came to the future and decided to give credit to himself and a Democrat. You get crazy by the second Shady. The Line item veto has been around a lot longer then your friend Paul there. Glade Republicans and Democrats can work together on this shared idea, too bad you know nothing about nothing and pretend otherwise. It is people like you who split those who are willing to work in a bi-partisan so nothing ever gets done.

Sorry Shady Obama is just Faster, is Stronger and he is Better. Bring me something new then you claim as your guys idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLHu6W_dnvw&feature=player_embedded#

Edited by punked

You know Clinton had the line item veto right? The Supreme court took it a way from him. So Paul Ryan went back in time thought about it before it was given to Clinton came to the future and decided to give credit to himself and a Democrat. You get crazy by the second Shady. The Line item veto has been around a lot longer then your friend Paul there. Glade Republicans and Democrats can work together on this shared idea, too bad you know nothing about nothing and pretend otherwise. It is people like you who split those who are willing to work in a bi-partisan so nothing ever gets done.

Sorry Shady Obama is just Faster, is Stronger and he is Better. Bring me something new then you claim as your guys idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLHu6W_dnvw&feature=player_embedded#

Wow, it's like talking to a brick wall trying to discuss things with you. I never said that Paul Ryan invented the idea of the line-item veto. I simply stated that it was his idea recently, to try to give that tool to President Obama.

Wow, it's like talking to a brick wall trying to discuss things with you. I never said that Paul Ryan invented the idea of the line-item veto. I simply stated that it was his idea recently, to try to give that tool to President Obama.

Ummm I think it was Obama's and McCain's idea to give it too the President, or Bush's, or Clinton's, seriously you are being silly. So it really wasn't "his idea recently" although I commend him and DEMOCRAT Russ Feingold for working TOGETHER to do this. I am sure the president will be thankful they are going through with his idea.