Conservative Party Logo on Government cheque

madmax

From the Globe...

Idealogical hypocrisy or Pragmatism???

Cheques Speak Volumes

Second, those pictures are a reminder that this Conservative government is governing at complete variance with its own principles.

That Prime Minister is the former head of the National Citizens Coalition. The Finance Minister ran to be leader of the Ontario PC Party on the theme that Mike Harris wasn't right-wing enough.

These are the people who believe that the magic solution to all economic ills is to manipulate the money supply. These are the people who believe that all government cheques cause illegitimacy, drug dependency, and crime. These are the people who believe the market governs best -- that unemployment is good for workers, poverty good for families, and that the rich will provide for all, provided their tax cuts are generous enough.

And yet there they are not only passing out those satanic government cheques, but branding them with their party colours.

Instead we could have a real debate -- triggered by issues like Mr. Harper's HST tax transfer from business to working people -- over the real issues embedded in those big, fat government cheques... brought to you by the Conservative Party of Canada... honest.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or rather, I wouldn't have a problem if an MP from any party could put their name on a cheque for their constituency.
"Here I am today," Harper quipped at the Toronto Reference Library, which is in Liberal MP Bob Rae's riding of Toronto Centre.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article...z-sparks-outcry

I bet Bob Rae would have loved seeing his signature on a big fat prop cheque announcing stimulus funds in his riding. If there was a prop cheque used in Rae's riding, it is probably Harper's signature on it. Devious to the hilt. :P

From the Globe...

Idealogical hypocrisy or Pragmatism???

Cheques Speak Volumes

This logo thing is embarrassing, and doesn't reflect well on the CPC. They should be,(and have been), scolded. There should also be something agreed upon by all parties that becomes the default "cheque" for these presentations to ensure it doesn't happen again.

But the way some of these people are going off the rails about it looks just as bad in the eyes of average people. It looks like nothing more than grandstanding politics that turns people off.

Does anyone but hard core NDP supporters even read Mr. Topps tirades?

lol, he's about as far left as they come in Canada, and that's saying something.

When it comes down to it, there are rules and NO party should cross them and what has happened in the past is the past and I'm sure the Tories know the rules and are always trying to go over the line and have been getting away with it and pushing the line like teens do. For once and for all, we should have a hearing so the Tories will know what is right and legal!

But the way some of these people are going off the rails about it looks just as bad in the eyes of average people

I guess I need you to cite someone 'going off the rails about it' , so that I can see what that term means to you, and perhaps to others.

I see it as typical, dispicable, fundamentally dishonest..... serious weasel conduct, and I freely express deep disgust about it, and a sincere belief that it exemplifies this government. Is that 'going off the rails about it'?

For once and for all, we should have a hearing so the Tories will know what is right and legal!

Would you prefer a full public inquiry or would Harpers resignation suffice?

In case the inquiry works for you, there should be a judge available now that Screiber has gone back to Germany.

This is the last straw, Ignatieff and his coalition partmers should bring this governemtn down now!

Does anyone but hard core NDP supporters even read Mr. Topps tirades?
Well, I just found this guy. However, the people that would read him are more likely to be here and hard core NDP supporters, however, I would have to ask Punked to confirm that.
lol, he's about as far left as they come in Canada, and that's saying something.
So the far left is saying that the Conservatives are spending like drunken sailors and patting themselves on the back for doing so. And that each of these photo ops is in direct idealogical conflict with their value system, but that these are great for marketing the brand name on the back of the taxpayer.

And quite frankly, most Conservatives agree with this analysis.

Anything wrong with truth?

But the way some of these people are going off the rails about it looks just as bad in the eyes of average people

I guess I need you to cite someone 'going off the rails about it' , so that I can see what that term means to you, and perhaps to others.

I see it as typical, dispicable, fundamentally dishonest..... serious weasel conduct, and I freely express deep disgust about it, and a sincere belief that it exemplifies this government. Is that 'going off the rails about it'?

Yes, that is what I would consider "going off the rails".

I came across this article on this topic and even though it was written by a former Lib minister she does make a point. http://www.thehilltimes.ca/page/view/copps_corner-10-19-2009

For Sheila Copps to write such an article is the height of hypocrisy! It is like Mulroney criticizing lobbyists!

Topaz, do you not know ANYTHING about Sheila's career?