Flip Flop Iggy Flips again

punked

This was the part I did read. Thanks for filling in the rest. I didn't think/know that that was the centrepiece of Diefenbaker's campaign though.

xpost Punked's history is closer to my understanding of this.

I was there, he wasn't...

(So, obviously, it did interest the CCF!)

Never said it didn't...

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average Federal NDP support 15%

Average Provincial Liberal support Manitoba 27%

Nuff said...

I guess it depends on the time period if we talk the last 10 years it is NDP 16% Liberals 12% isn't? Considering in 81 the Liberals got 6% which I never recall the NDP dipping to, either way I think we can agree that the Liberals in Manitoba right now look even worse the NDP federally. Some might even say a waste of a vote. I guess though they are polling at 14% almost as high as the NDP federally.

Sorry, I thought that's what you were implying by this:

But now I see you were probably implying the opposite of what I thought.

Understandable... No harm, no foul...

WORDS

Words, whether writen or spoken, in and of themselves have no meaning, it is only when the reader or listener applies meaning to them that words become meaningful...

Unfortunately quite often applying meaning to words quite different than what the writer or speaker intended...

- GWiz

I guess it depends on the time period if we talk the last 10 years it is NDP 16% Liberals 12% isn't? Considering in 81 the Liberals got 6% which I never recall the NDP dipping to, either way I think we can agree that the Liberals in Manitoba right now look even worse the NDP federally. Some might even say a waste of a vote. I guess though they are polling at 14% almost as high as the NDP federally.

Look kid, and I call you a kid because that's the way you act and post... You're boring me... Percentages and polls don't matter 1 iota when it comes to elections... Neither do your opinions, nor mine, about any political parties or party leaders...

Not once have you given a single reason why YOU feel so strongly about the NDP... Whereas I have consistantly posted actual accomplishments, laws and/or policiess that were enacted by the party I usually support and why I give them that support... You my friend are the beneficiary of everything those federal parties you don't support have done for you to give you the life you now enjoy...

I'm NOT a member of any political party and in all the years I've voted, which is a substantial number, in Municiple, Provincial, and Federal elections only 5 candidates that I voted for have won, the last one being in last year's civic election...

I've NEVER voted NDP and NEVER will simply because they don't represent the things that I believe in... As for voting Conservative I will NEVER do that either, at least not federally, primarily because of their history (read Diefenbaker and the traitor Moroney) but also because they BS too much, have never been "Conservative" spending too much (for all the wrong reasons) when in power, and are quite frankly bald faced liars and two faced to the public, me and you...

And that my friend leaves absolutely nothing for you and me to discuss, now does it?

If you'd like to ask me a civil question about just about anything I'll be glad to answer you... If not I wish you well... If you want to "act out" as you've been doing for the most part on this thread I'll crush you like a bug (metaphorically speaking) because of my vast experience and intellect...

debea, debea, that's all folks --- (Porky Pig) :D

Edited by GWiz

I love reading the comments in this thread.

I will refer all Liberals to it, whenever they start preaching that the NDP should merge with the Liberals, or Unite the Left or any of that opportunistic garbage.

I feel an election in the air.

Liberals and NDP are pointing fingers and Conservatives have turned whiney.

I love reading the comments in this thread.

I will refer all Liberals to it, whenever they start preaching that the NDP should merge with the Liberals, or Unite the Left or any of that opportunistic garbage.

I feel an election in the air.

Liberals and NDP are pointing fingers and Conservatives have turned whiney.

A LOT of truth in that...

The best of bad options is still a bad option and the best option...

VOTE for the BEST PERSON running in your riding and let the chips fall where they may...

Look kid, and I call you a kid because that's the way you act and post... You're boring me... Percentages and polls don't matter 1 iota when it comes to elections... Neither do your opinions, nor mine, about any political parties or party leaders...

Not once have you given a single reason why YOU feel so strongly about the NDP... Whereas I have consistantly posted actual accomplishments, laws and/or policiess that were enacted by the party I usually support and why I give them that support... You my friend are the beneficiary of everything those federal parties you don't support have done for you to give you the life you now enjoy...

I'm NOT a member of any political party and in all the years I've voted, which is a substantial number, in Municiple, Provincial, and Federal elections only 5 candidates that I voted for have won, the last one being in last year's civic election...

I've NEVER voted NDP and NEVER will simply because they don't represent the things that I believe in... As for voting Conservative I will NEVER do that either, at least not federally, primarily because of their history (read Diefenbaker and the traitor Moroney) but also because they BS too much, have never been "Conservative" spending too much (for all the wrong reasons) when in power, and are quite frankly bald faced liars and two faced to the public, me and you...

And that my friend leaves absolutely nothing for you and me to discuss, now does it?

If you'd like to ask me a civil question about just about anything I'll be glad to answer you... If not I wish you well... If you want to "act out" as you've been doing for the most part on this thread I'll crush you like a bug (metaphorically speaking) because of my vast experience and intellect...

debea, debea, that's all folks --- (Buggs Bunny) :D

Great because I will never vote Liberal because I will never know where they stand. They have never governed they have promised and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe you like the way the govern that is fine however if they planned on never delivering things from the red book they never should have written it. It has been like that for as long as I can remember. I wont for the Conservatives because I want a progressive option guess where that leaves me? With a party who at least in the past tried to do what they say they will.

In terms of the policies they implemented, how different were Romanow and Harris? This is a sincere question because I don't know the details of Romanow's government but anything I've read has suggested that he brought in similar severe cuts and neoliberal reforms. Some of Janice McKinnon's stated views sound further right than those of Ontario PCs: http://www.fcpp.org/publication.php/585

Edited by Evening Star

Great because I will never vote Liberal because I will never know where they stand. They have never governed they have promised and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe you like the way the govern that is fine however if they planned on never delivering things from the red book they never should have written it. It has been like that for as long as I can remember. I wont for the Conservatives because I want a progressive option guess where that leaves me? With a party who at least in the past tried to do what they say they will.

Federally speaking they will do NOTHING of what they say, so they can say anything, as they always have and always will simply because they will never hold power...

In terms of the policies they implemented, how different were Romanow and Harris?

I lived under both administrations, and have had some good laughs at the wild rhetoric about the harshness and destructive nature of the Harris cuts/ the bold fiscal responsibility , morality and humanitarianism of the Romanow NDP.

The two greatest differences that I percieve - functional, 'what it actually does to people' differences- are that:

1) Harris started with a system that was truly bloated, and ended with one that was still plush and well-served compared to other provinces; Romanow started out with one that more or less provided basic services and turned it into one that didn't even try.

2) Harris cuts applied province-wide, whereas Romanow seems to have made the cold-blooded calculation that if the cities voted NDP, then they didn't need a single rural riding... and so he threw rural Saskatchewan under the bus.

Edited by Molly

You sound like you are describing the MN Liberals oh and hypocrisy to me.

Excuse me?

Are you not aware what the title of this thread is?

I was not aware that Minnesota (MN) had "LIberals" as you describe... If by some chance you are refering to Manitoba (MB) then let me be the first to inform you that Jon Gerrard has OPENLY and PUBLICLY both SUPPORTED and CRITICIZED both the NDP and PC Parties of Manitoba... So NO, absolutly no hypocricy of any kind in what I posted... Just the FACTS as always...

However, speaking of hypocricy, have YOU ever looked at yourself in a mirror? Perhaps not, considering what you'd be forced to see...

Excuse me?

Are you not aware what the title of this thread is?

I was not aware that Minnesota (MN) had "LIberals" as you describe... If by some chance you are refering to Manitoba (MB) then let me be the first to inform you that Jon Gerrard has OPENLY and PUBLICLY both SUPPORTED and CRITICIZED both the NDP and PC Parties of Manitoba... So NO, absolutly no hypocricy of any kind in what I posted... Just the FACTS as always...

However, speaking of hypocricy, have YOU ever looked at yourself in a mirror? Perhaps not, considering what you'd be forced to see...

You got me with the wrong Abv thing. Really? The Leader of the Liberal party has supported and criticized legislation? Wow I am shocked really. Seriously though I am fine with you saying you support the Liberals in MB in one breath then saying no one should vote NDP because they can't win the same. I love when people talk out of both sides of their mouth I really do.

You got me with the wrong Abv thing. Really? The Leader of the Liberal party has supported and criticized legislation? Wow I am shocked really. Seriously though I am fine with you saying you support the Liberals in MB in one breath then saying no one should vote NDP because they can't win the same. I love when people talk out of both sides of their mouth I really do.

No one here would know that better than you... Seen yourself in the mirror lately?