Ignored list question

Mr.Canada

Is there anyway to block the entire message box so that it doesn't show up at all in a topic?

I have recently placed people on my ignored list but when a person from my ignored list posts the box still shows with options for to "View this post" or to "Un-ignore" the offending member.

I was wondering if there was anyway to not even have this show up. There probably isn't but I thought I'd ask.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Admin
I was wondering if there was anyway to not even have this show up. There probably isn't but I thought I'd ask.

Not without a great deal of customization of the underlying forum code - which I am extremely hesitant to do.

The reason these boxes are visible is to give the user an option of reconsidering currently ignored users. Believe it or not, but if the forum didn't provide this option, there would be users who would forget they ignored someone and they would be asking, "Why can't I see so-and-so, etc, etc".