NDP can expect a bumpy ride

jdobbin

By these numbers the NDP could be in for a smooth ride:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Conserva...5036/story.html

If the Liberals are responsible for an election, it's a gamble, but the possibility stands that the NDP could profit rather handsomely from it with all those Ontario riding's with close calls.

The Liberals have the most to lose, and most to gain.

IR polls are worthless. They have put the NDP at 12% three times this year while other polls were showing the NDP anywhere 15-20% so they are just always wrong simple.

IR polls are worthless. They have put the NDP at 12% three times this year while other polls were showing the NDP anywhere 15-20% so they are just always wrong simple.

No poll is worthless, some are better than others. Kind of like a Rasmussen poll in the states, it's still information, and can still lead to a prediction of a result.

I did try to specify, 'By these numbers.'

The spin is that the NDP said they were the least likely to vote to keep Harper in office because he could not be trusted.

NDP support is already sinking. Why do you think that is?

I guess we'll have to see.

I don't see the NDP any more ready to go a month from now than they are now, do you?

This threat of NDP support sinking is something that we have heard a countless number of times in the past. How many times in the past, have I heard that the NDP will be decimated or wiped out and guess what, it never happens. And I have seen polls change from week to week or from poll to poll (ie. 12% to 18% to 13 to 17%.) Therefore, one must take these polls with a grain of salt.

The reason that the NDP never voted him before is because he hasn't put anything forward that they support. This time, EI changes is something they can support but that doesn't mean they now trust Harper, as they want go over the proposals with a fine tooth comb before they will accept it.

If the Liberals are responsible for an election, it's a gamble, but the possibility stands that the NDP could profit rather handsomely from it with all those Ontario riding's with close calls.

The Liberals have the most to lose, and most to gain.

Well, there won't be an election no matter what decision the NDP takes. The Bloc are supporting the government.

It will be up to the NDP and Bloc hereafter about an election so the focus will now be on them to support the government.

This threat of NDP support sinking is something that we have heard a countless number of times in the past. How many times in the past, have I heard that the NDP will be decimated or wiped out and guess what, it never happens. And I have seen polls change from week to week or from poll to poll (ie. 12% to 18% to 13 to 17%.) Therefore, one must take these polls with a grain of salt.

Don't think I have heard anyone mention they were going to get wiped out.

I have said they certainly been making hay about voting no confidence. And now they are supporting the government.

Their support over the summer according to a few pollster commenting in the media were up a percent or two. They won just over 18% a year ago but are now closer to 15%. You can look yourself if you don't believe. They are all listed.

The reason that the NDP never voted him before is because he hasn't put anything forward that they support. This time, EI changes is something they can support but that doesn't mean they now trust Harper, as they want go over the proposals with a fine tooth comb before they will accept it.

And why do you think Harper put this forward now? It is because the Liberals have said they no longer have confidence? You can't say it is because the NDP got Harper to deal. Harper won't even take an email from the NDP.

Well, there won't be an election no matter what decision the NDP takes. The Bloc are supporting the government.

It will be up to the NDP and Bloc hereafter about an election so the focus will now be on them to support the government.

No because on non confidence motions the Liberals keep supporting the Tories while the NDP and Bloc don't including the Liberals support of Bill C-23 today. "Ohhhh we only agree with the Tories on all non confidence bills" doesn't really fly as voting against them. You keep supporting their direction for the country.