Family Values - another liar caught

Did I say it's okay? I did not.

I said there is a big difference between Clinton getting a blow job because he wants a blow job than a politician who is sleeping with lobbyists and in return, most likely, being lobbied into making decisions that effects the country. This politician happens to be part of the Family Values committee which makes it even worse.

There is a big difference. Bill Clinton was the President of the United States and Duvall is a nobody assemblyman somewhere in California. BIG difference. The fact he is a part of the Family Values Committee means even more shame for him. It means a deeper hole for him to dig himself out of.

You obviously have some standards higher than most Liberals. This latest should be a yawn to most Liberals who don't hold these values and is clearly devastating to Republicans who do. But I guess a Liberal can "do" whatever as long as he doesn't "say" no one else should do it. Bill Clinton was probably not as embarrassed about it as a Republican rightfully would have been and if he thought it was ok he would not have had to lie about it. And "lie" he did. If he didn't believe in his marriage vows he shouldn't have taken them. He is just as big a hypocrite.

The Right believes their standards are moral and they try and live by them. The left thinks the Right and their standards are stupid. The left holding them up as hypocrits when they fail to live up to their own standards is rather disingenuous since they really don't care about their standards.

Getting caught with your pants down - for anyone, left or right, is embarrassing. The left's general reaction is to attempt to escape the embarrassment and continue on as if things are normal. The right know they have done wrong - not by Liberal standards - by their own, and they are generally deeply remorseful and do the right thing by resigning their public office.

I am not here though to defend any politicians, for the most part, left and right, they are a gang of thieves as Topaz pointed out. It is power that corrupts and the decentralization of power is the only thing that will minimize the corruption of both those with it and those who would desire it. I defend conservative values probably because I believe in respect for others and their property and I do believe in private property, unlike the far left.

Edited by Pliny

The left grants a person the right to live their own life the way they feel they should, demanding only that same consideration in return, and then hypocritically scorn and chide them when that person violates the standards they have set or adopted for themselves.

The problem is they don't adopt these standards themselves; they just adopt them for everyone else so that they have something with which to feel self-righteous.

The problem is they don't adopt these standards themselves; they just adopt them for everyone else so that they have something with which to feel self-righteous.

It is the collectivist mentality "If many people agree it must be right." I think the confusion lies in the fact that "good intentions" are the slogan without any contemplation of economic or social consequence. How can "good intentions" be faulted? Well, they do pave the road to hell.

I haven't watched this guy Duvall's campaign material, but if he was elected by people who wanted him to go stand up for families and fight for Jesus and so forth, then the people who voted for him on that premise are the ones who got clowned.

He's cheating on his wife, banging lobbyists, and bragging about it to his buddies on your dime. I'm pretty sure that's not how Jesus would have done it. If this guy was elected by "family values" voters, he fooled them. He suckered them. It's as simple as that.

And yeah, sorry, but it would be impossible to take a "family values" message seriously from this guy. This guy lecturing people about family and faith would be a complete joke. "Although I am here in Washington porking attractive young lobbyists while my wife suffers in silence, I remind you that values are what our nation is built on, and despite my example, please refrain from sex outside of marriage."

It is about as credible as Amy Winehouse telling people to steer clear of booze and drugs. It only works as a cautionary tale.

-k

It is about as credible as Amy Winehouse telling people to steer clear of booze and drugs. It only works as a cautionary tale.

-k

It is the price he will pay in his future. He can't escape his hypocrisy or his betrayal of family values.

Liberals have no problem with participating in the lowest of standards and values and are never embarrassed by their activities. Those employees of Acorn who were fired for advocating tax evasion and aiding and abetting the running of a common bawdy house with 12 to 15 year old El Salvadoran girls probably think Acorn betrayed them by not defending them - not for one minute thinking their actions were wrong.

The problem the non-liberal has is he has to try and keep his nose clean and maintain his values in a cesspool of liberal non-values and lower or in some cases absent standards. There is no sense of wrong or right in the Liberal camp but they recognize when someone fails to live up to their own standards of right and wrong.

Right, and where goose-stepping little fascists strut around like peacocks.

Oh for the good old days, when men were mussolini

Unfortunately, people have been known to behave badly.

If you're a politician or actor you likely have a certain amount of money and spend much time away from home. Further, you spend your time away from any small or relevant community where you're recognized and your reputation means something.

Perhaps that helps people behave badly, when outside of normal familial and communal settings where their behavior is monitored.