Immigrate to New Land - Learn the Language!

....English is fairly universal, so there is really no excuse.

Also none of us speak Canadian, or American. But we do speak/spell Canadian English, and American English. But it is still english.

This is very pragmatic....IT consultants from India have a huge advantage because of this very practical consideration. And they are not even immigrants!

This is very pragmatic....IT consultants from India have a huge advantage because of this very practical consideration. And they are not even immigrants!

I can't understand our 'offshore' team, aka India guys. They speak english, or try to, but the accents are really hard to understand for the most part. I don't think it is an advantage.

And if they run their IT/electric networks like this ..... then they can keep their consulting to themselves.

http://www.photopumpkin.com/photo-blog/per...iring-up-india/

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_hVOW2U7K4-M/SgJHshCI...yjfsgthndfc.jpg

Edited by GostHacked

I can't understand our 'offshore' team, aka India guys. They speak english, or try to, but the accents are really hard to understand for the most part. I don't think it is an advantage.

True at first, but with lots of exchanges I can learn their cadence and inflections. Then it is easy. We have one guy on-site who speaks a perfect king's English, in a deep "Darth Vader" voice. Very impressive on a teleconference. Many speak Hindi as well, or one of many other Indian languages, but are mindful of not excluding team members from conversation.

Some of our other Asian consultants haven't figured this out yet, and are at a disadvantage.

And if they run their IT/electric networks like this ..... then they can keep their consulting to themselves.

AS in most things....you get what you pay for.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

That's the most offensive comment I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot from white supremacists and garden variety racists.

What's offensive about it? It wasn't meant to offend.

Also none of us speak Canadian, or American. But we do speak/spell Canadian English, and American English. But it is still english.
I thought that what Chretien and Dion speak is "Canadian".
I jsut spent a good part of the evening talking to someone who moved from Karala, a state in Southern India to the U.S. four years ago. His English is perfect.