Women in Canadian Armed Forces.

Your right they are my words, pluck from his sentences formed to create a picture of a helpless little girl...one that should have been dressed in a prom dress and dating the boy next door....so while those are my words i did not conjure up that same image.... instead of the image she should be remembered as a soldier, yes a 100 lb soldier with 40 lbs of kit and equipment on, armed with a C-7A2 rifle doing something she loved to do, something she excelled at doing, serving her Nation...

Perhaps the rifle remark was filled with some Testosterone, but it does not translate into you must have a set of nuts in order to serve your nation....Canada does have serving female soldiers in all of thier Combat arms trades, including Infantry, Armoured Corps, Arty, and Combat Engineers...they also serve in the Airforce flying Combat CF-18, and serve on Combat ships, with one exception Subs, due to limited quaters....there is no failure in that except we as a nation except anyone interested in defending thier nation....

But your suggesting that the entire project is a failure, perhaps they've captured all the women that where interested in performing those tasks....perhaps the rest of the military also has as many as they can capture....So while the 2 % mark may look like a failure to many who want to twist it into that...i see it as an opportunity for those that chose to serve, a chance to do so....or are you again'st that ?

Canadian Combat arms consists of Infantry, Armoured Corps, Arty corps, and Combat Engineers....each componet is thrown together into a battle group, and each one will see direct enemy action at one piont on the battle field.....

Yes, it can , those women are serving thier Nation in the Jobs they chose to do, the jobs they wanted to do....and they are doing it as well or better than thier male counter parts....OR they would not be doing it....because lives are on the line...why is it so hard to believe that a women can do the job as well as a man....keep in mind there are lots of 100 lb men given the same chance....

Recruiting is not the problem, it's training them thats the problem not enough instructors....Recruiting can only recruit what the training system can train, as it is there are up to a year or more back logs in the training cycle.....

I don't profess to speak for all in the forces, but i just spent 7 long,hard, dusty months in Afghan, and iteracted with dozens of women, in all trades and not once did i have any problems because someone was a women....So when the metal meets the bone it is the counter view we should be all concerned with, not a bunch of numbers , not some old Archaic attitude, these women have put just as much into this mission as thier male counter parts or more just to remain even..

Like i said before this is my view, and my view only and while it may not be supported across the forces by every soldier, it is policy and it is law...and it is enforced thru out the chain of command without question...every soldier will be tried on thier own merits....unless you got something your not sharing....

Once again your Data on Ground combat forces is incorrect....current there is American and british women serving with thier Armoured , Arty forces, within the IDF there is Women serving with thier Arty and Armoured forces....if you'd like i can send pictures....in fact Janes used to have a complete spread on an entire female IDF tank crew testing out the new Merkarva 4....They have currently no Women serving with the Infantry, or Spec forces....

Ground combat in todays termilogy includes Infantry, Armoured, Arty, Combat Engineers, Attack helo, fighter A/C, pretty much any one that will enter the battle space, and yet with the exception of the Infantry there is women serving in all those that you listed...and yet these same countries also hire on women to perform as mechanics medics clerks etc etc in most cases fighting right next to the very soldiers they themselfs are not allow to become....

Todays battle space in Afghan starts at the front gate, which includes that other 12 % of women in the military you've mentioned making up the support trades needed for the Front line guys to get the job done, from bullets to beans, to fuel all delivered on those roads you hear so much about....all of that is done with a mixed crew, not intentional, just soldiers doing thier jobs be it man or women....

I guess to sum it all up, you should ask these guys that prepare all this facts and figures if they've breached a door with a female soldier, or have they meet any of our female soldiers, and did they once have a problem that could not be sorted out....I invite any of those suits down to the RCR lines and to soldier with one of our female soldiers for a day...that should put to rest any concerns about having front line soldiers as women...they are there because they want to be...cross them and you'll find yourself on the floor holding on to 2 grape fruit sized testicles....

I guess it's bad enough just trying to serve your nation, and everything that goes with that, but top off all that with being a women no frig'in thanks....you need to see it through my eyes and see a soldier....because when it comes to this level it's the only thing that counts...

+1

Edited by Sabre Rider

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The assumption that the 2% rate is a failure is a false one. The measure of whether or not greater opportunities for women to serve their country in the military is not how many women join the Army. It's how well those who join perform. On that account, I'l take Army Guy's own experience on it,