Conservative Party's plan to acclaim incumbent MPs draws criticism

Generally I'd say I'm for it, but if this will help the situation I can live with it. Very, very few sitting MPs are ever succesfully challenged within their ridings other than by sudden rushes of religious/ethnic groups, or the occasional one-issue group. I seem to recall there was a nutbar Liberal anti-Abortion activist from down east who got turfed in a nomination riding by NDP activists who swarmed the riding, took out cheapie memberships, and voted in someone else. Can't remember her name, though.

The original Reform MP in my riding, who really was as useless as mammaries on a male cow, lost the nomination bid. He really was a crappy MP, and deserved to lose the nod. So it does happen without any kind of shenanigans.

I still the BC NDP's solution was best. Yes six months may be a delay, but still, it meant it would be a lot harder to mount the kind of highly questionable usurpations that occurred in a number of ridings in the 1990s and early 2000s.

The original Reform MP in my riding, who really was as useless as mammaries on a male cow, lost the nomination bid. He really was a crappy MP, and deserved to lose the nod. So it does happen without any kind of shenanigans.

I still the BC NDP's solution was best. Yes six months may be a delay, but still, it meant it would be a lot harder to mount the kind of highly questionable usurpations that occurred in a number of ridings in the 1990s and early 2000s.

whats a male cow I've never seen one.

Really all this takes is one change at a policy convention.

Its better then having the party subverted by tim uppals and david orchards.

Who was that American general in Viet Nam who said "We had to destroy the village in order to save it!"?

Who was that American general in Viet Nam who said "We had to destroy the village in order to save it!"?

It far from destroied, although i am willing to bet we see a constitutal change on this topic at the next policy convention.

whatever the CBC is such a great source for knowing what conservatives are thinking.

You're the one who's always claiming that the Conservatives are dedicated to grassroots. They now seem to be ignoring them. This has nothing to do with CBC. It's a shame that they have to be the ones to let the grassroots know that they are no longer a priority in the Conservative Party.

You're the one who's always claiming that the Conservatives are dedicated to grassroots. They now seem to be ignoring them. This has nothing to do with CBC. It's a shame that they have to be the ones to let the grassroots know that they are no longer a priority in the Conservative Party.

Just wait and see this will be amended at the policy convention.