WARNING! - Phones May be Tapped!

I found out today that my phone is probably being tapped. I can call out but am having difficulty with incoming calls. If I can answer a phone call within a second or two of the phone ringing, I am able to connect with the person on the other line. However, after a few seconds, if I do not answer the phone, the line clicks dead and is followed by white noise. I called the phone company and they think the line has been tapped.

This afternoon, we noticed that calls were coming in and the caller would seem to hang up after a few seconds. If this happened once or twice, this would not raise suspicion. However, when it happens 10-12 times in short succession, something is going on.

I had a friend over tonight who is an IT professional. He said a friend of his in Atlanta had the same thing happen to him on Friday. It also happened at his work. He believes that it may be the work of hackers trying to tap his computer.

I do not know what is happening exactly, and am having a repairman come out to check everything on Sunday or Monday, but I wanted to give everyone a head's up and be aware of what is going on.

Every mode of communication can be and sometimes is monitored - even the most incrypted security shield on computers is easily breached - About twenty years ago a friend of mine who worked at Bell Telephone said that there was this thing called "the room" - law enforcement without warrant used this facilty at will without warrant - If that was the case back then I am sure they are more sophisticated these days as far as spying on citizens - I personally don't care - and I sign my name - and they know who and where I am - infact if you are monitored - great - you have an audience... :lol: Every showman needs one! Our images are recorded - every last key stroke is recorded and will stay such untill the world stops using electricty - and that is not likely to happen soon ....so you either commit to your views beliefs and principles and do not worry - or you do not and continue to lurk about. :rolleyes:

Every mode of communication can be and sometimes is monitored - even the most incrypted security shield on computers is easily breached - About twenty years ago a friend of mine who worked at Bell Telephone said that there was this thing called "the room" - law enforcement without warrant used this facilty at will without warrant - If that was the case back then I am sure they are more sophisticated these days as far as spying on citizens - I personally don't care - and I sign my name - and they know who and where I am - infact if you are monitored - great - you have an audience... :lol: Every showman needs one! Our images are recorded - every last key stroke is recorded and will stay such untill the world stops using electricty - and that is not likely to happen soon ....so you either commit to your views beliefs and principles and do not worry - or you do not and continue to lurk about. :rolleyes:

BUT to do buisness you must have privacey or the competition will stiffle you. Privacy brings about focus and success. So if you want to have real personal security - talk in a cosmic code or - meet in the parking lot to hand over your brown envelopes.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest webfltrs
Your phone company told you that your line is probably tapped? What is your phone company? Does that mean they think that some amateur is doing it? Surely, if it was the cops they wouldn't be so incompetent. Or would they?

Bizarre.

Interesting point, what did your phone company decide to do about it, they didn't seem to be too alarmed. I wonder how obligated they are to ensure your line is safe.

Do you think that the person tapping in is choosing your line for a specific reason, something they might be searching for? Or might it just be random?

I hope for the best. Thanks for the heads up.