Harper New Challenge..

harper is now in for the greatest challenge of his career. the challenge: "to appear moderate"! yes, its a big challenge but he is already rising to the test! yes, after years of lip service to his wealthy financial backers and those canadians who are not wealthy but love the sport of union bashing, government bashing, homeless bashing, gay bashing , non-militarism bashing (to name only a few here) its time to appeal to the average canadian...

a few sound bites (nothing longer for him please) last night on the cbc was showing him polishing his new form:

cbc: health care?

harper: we must retain our national health care system.

cbc: multi-tiered health car?

harper: (long pause)...we must retain our national health care system.

cbc: taxes?

harper: less taxes for everyone! (big smile)

lets examine this huge wealth of information that harper provides us here on his policies a little more closely.

yes, its best he avoid the issue of multi-tiered health care right now. it is the beginning of the end of our national health care system. as soon as it is implemented it opens the doors for lawsuits by foreign health care industries due to our various free trade (nice name) agreements. its time for harper to sweep under the rug or simply try and make people forget his statements made earlier this year stating that he supports u.s. style health care.

every canadian loves to hear the words "less tax for everybody"! what joy! of course, what harper means here is... less "progressive tax"!

i watch the conservative party website. for ages (with harpers face) it indicated that the conservative party supported the abandoning of progressive taxation and the institution of regressive taxation (flat tax, poll tax... maybe they should call it free tax!). so, you won't be hearing harper say that they will be abandoning sales, gst and gas tax anytime soon...

so the big challenge is on... i'm sure he has some trainers and has hired a big public relations company. we saw the same thing here in b.c. when the campbell government simply had to slander the ndp and not indicate what their own policies would be at all! yes, campbell never indicated that his agenda would include the selling of bc hydro to an american company operating out of the caymen islands or selling bc rail to americans, or giving a 3 billion dollar tax deduction to the rich or 60 year administrative contract of bc ferries to a private firm or the privitization of post-secondary education. we now have the worst performing economy in canada! but the campbell government will have no problem finding party contributors...

"b.c. when the Campbell government simply had to slander the ndp and not indicate what their own policies would be at all!"

Are you delusional? What sources of information do you depend on? Do you just make this stuff up and hope people will believe it?

The BC Liberals released a 171 point plan well before the election of what they would look like. I actually think they were too detailed and built an unrealistic with expectations. After you look at the financial books and thing happen you need to change plans. They said what they would do, and they are doing it. You might not like it but it was no secret. (Smaller government, more user fees, restructure healthcare and more private companies implementing programs.) It was clear.

The NDP didn't need to be smeared. They did it to themselves. Do you need the list? Let’s just start with fast ferries.

well willy,

of course i've seen the 171 points (available from their website) and they have not implemented as many items as the have implemented. and again, no mention of the items i outlined in the previous post.

i hope you like high hydro costs... i hope you have a big savings account for your childrens future education costs etc, etc...

Out sourcing human resources costs to Accenture is not privatizing BC Hydro. It is common practice in many large corporations to outsource things like benefits and payroll management. I actually think this is a good thing for our power prices. BC Hydro seems only to make money in spite of their large bureaucratic tendencies.

As for education, if the federal Liberals would adequately fund transfer payments and not have some loans plan or scholarship plan we may be able to control the cost of post secondary education.

I do think post secondary education should have a cost. For people to value things they need a cost. And the cost of a small car is comparable to a 4 year degree $20, 000.00. Not a bad deal and a very cheap loan program. This is capital investment. I spend money to become marketable. By the way my taxes do pay for much of student’s education and should probably continue to do so.

i hope you like high hydro costs... i hope you have a big savings account for your childrens future education costs etc, etc...

Somebody is paying now for the kids' education, cg, and if I understand your other posts, it appears to be the "wage slaves". Becaus the "government" pays, does not mean it's free.

As for education, if the federal Liberals would adequately fund transfer payments and not have some loans plan or scholarship plan we may be able to control the cost of post secondary education.

This is a very touchy issue in Quebec. No one here has yet clued into how Harper views the Constitution. I have yet to see the term "firewall" (or its French equivalent) used here. Curious.