Canada's forests now add to, not subtract from, climate woes

This shocking story will definitely have implications for party platforms whenever a new election is held. Find the story at:

http://informedvote.ca/2009/01/canada%E2%8...reen-party-hat/

One thing I have noted. Ever since being pointed in the direction of "Informed Vote" the more dissapointed I am in the website and its articles.

They have been lame, and uninformed, often short and completely lack depth. The level of partizanship is problematic and not trustworthy.

Find a better website then informed vote, or better and thorough articles.

I just thought I would add a quote from these delusional Green Party propoganda pieces.

With oil prices plummeting, and fuel use dropping, the chances are looking better and better that Harper policies may soon be at an end, providing an opportunity for a Liberal/Green coalition that sees the danger in pushing Canadian environment to the ropes.

The Liberal/Green Coalition :rolleyes:

Edited by madmax

Haha. That's hilarious. Liberal/Green coalition. If anyone needs an example for why you shouldn't take Informed Vote seriously, this it it.

Personally, I've never been a fan of news written by angsty adults who never really grew out of their teenage years. Maybe that's just me though.

so those 60 white pine trees I planted this past fall are bad now?

Nope, you can cut down your White Pine Trees, and make "White Doors" with them... Good eh :P

Seriously that is one unique handle I haven't been able to associate with anything.

Whats the scoop. Your answer will likely entertain me more then "informed" vote will. ;)

Nope, you can cut down your White Pine Trees, and make "White Doors" with them... Good eh :P

Seriously that is one unique handle I haven't been able to associate with anything.

Whats the scoop. Your answer will likely entertain me more then "informed" vote will. ;)

It is a nickname for the police that the old timers used to use around here.

Not as fun as the racist overtones people have been trying to associate with it - is it?

meh

It is a nickname for the police that the old timers used to use around here.
I like it. THere's a rebel in those old timers :)
Not as fun as the racist overtones people have been trying to associate with it - is it?

Never made that kind of association, but that is probably because I never saw any such indications in your posts or Racisms.

Thanks.

This is not the only organization concerned with the Tar Sands and since Obama is committed to abolishing 'junk science', we may see the eventual collapse of the industry.

As a Red Tory, I don't support the immediate ban of 'dirty oil', until alternate measures are in place (sooner than later, I hope). Sadly, to support another Tory Lobby Group, biofuels are the big winner in the tax dollar lottery, despite the fact that they use more fossil fuels to produce than the conventional methods.

My point, if I can still remember what it is, is 'don't shoot the messenger'. They are not the only ones drawing attention to the matter and voters should remain informed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...0,2866770.story

"Earth's lungs have come down with emphysema. Canada's forests are no longer our friends". http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...,0,539661.story

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics...on_science.html