Gay marriage vs Gay Rights

Mr.Canada

If you have a problem with a certain thread you certainly don't have to post it in, I swear...you don't.

That nicely sidesteps the point.

Why do you wonder why this is an issue? You really don't care about being gay, after all.

Just say it. "You care. Your proud. And you want people to know. In your face - straight people!"

I think this is your message.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you wonder why this is an issue? You really don't care about being gay, after all.

Just say it. "You care. Your proud. And you want people to know. In your face - straight people!"

The issue between us two is you somehow feel that I should "care" about being gay...I understand that it's different, just as our fingerprints are all different, I just don't care why they are and am more interested in the stigma than the cause, if any.

• 1 month later...

Are you suggesting Zinc wants to put something in your face? What and have you bite it?

Give him some credit.

I am straight. He hasn't put anything near my face.

Then again if he was Paris Hilton I probably would ask

him/her to refrain as well.

One can never be too careful.

Bottom line if 2 people want to get married they have the same legal right to do that as straight people. The law does not concern itself with which consenting adult you have sex with.

To me it is a travesty that after living with a partner say 10,20,30 years, they could not have the same rights as next of kin with a dying patient. That is the point.

If you are of a religious belief that feels gays should not marry then post people at the door of your house of worship with no gays allowed in signs. I am sure they can deal with it not that I speak for them.

I mean what nonsense. This notion a person should be able to impose their religious views on others is b.s.

Enough.

I think Mr. Canada should be more concerned with the pedophiles and adulterers in his church. May I suggest in regards to the former, he not confuse them with gays. In regards to the latter he burn them at the stake and make sure they sizzle real good.

As for Lindsay Lohan, whether she marries a man or a woman, I will carry on and survive.

As for Paris Hilton who ever she marries should for sure get a blood test from her and watch for facial sores.

• 1 month later...

As for Lindsay Lohan, whether she marries a man or a woman, I will carry on and survive.

As for Paris Hilton who ever she marries should for sure get a blood test from her and watch for facial sores.

I strongly agree with your last two statements haha, as with the rest of your points.

All humans are born equal and die equal, regardless of what sexual preferences they have. Likewise, all humans should have the right to marry a partner whom they love, and IMO it is irrelevant whether this partner happens to be of the opposite sex or the same sex.

It's also funny how many people who are still opposed to gay marriage try to defend their position by claiming that "it's definition is sacred and should not change to accommodate gays", or something along those lines...I bet many of those same people would still be opposed to any sort of homosexual union even if it had a name other then marriage; it just displeases them to any sort of gay "partnership".

Edited by Halfempty

I bet many of those same people would still be opposed to any sort of homosexual union even if it had a name other then marriage; it just displeases them to any sort of gay "partnership".

Not true. I'm in favor of gay marriage as long as both chicks are hot. As for two men....it's just disgusting, but I don't have a problem with civil unions. Marriage is for straight people.

Not true. I'm in favor of gay marriage as long as both chicks are hot. As for two men....it's just disgusting, but I don't have a problem with civil unions. Marriage is for straight people.

Ah, but what makes it okay for two hot chicks to be married but not two guys (besides the fact that it's hot lol)? Also, the definition of marriage has changed many times throughout history, so why not change it again (to not discriminate against gay people) for the sake of equality?