Very Bad News For The Right Wing

And your point is...?

The provincial NDP in BC is not at all reflective of the federal NDP in BC.

For example...

In the 1996 provincial election in BC, the results were:

Liberal: 33 (39.5% pop vote)

NDP: 39 (41.8% pop vote)

OTH: 3

1 year later, a federal election was held. By your logic, the federal NDP would've gotten near 40% of the vote in BC, hmm?

Well the results tell a different story.

Liberal: 6 (28.8%)

Reform: 25 (43.0%)

NDP: 3 (18.2%)

The Liberals won just 6 seats in BC with almost 30% of the vote in '97. So why do you suggest the NDP will win 20 seats with similar numbers?

The CPC will maintain all but 1 or 2 seats in BC. And those losses will (unfortunately) likely go to the Liberals.

Ah, yes...there was a major dicrepency between provincial and federal NDP vote in 1996 (BC)/1997 (fed)..

That gap was well documented by the polls at the time.

The polls tell a far different story today

NDP federally in BC are at almost 30% - ahead of the conservatives

NDP provincially are at 42%...

still a gap, but certainly more consistent than 1996/97

Same old story

The NDP in Ontario virtually destroyed the province. It cost the taxpayers of Ontario $12 billion to educate Bob Rae. Mike Harris comes in to clean up the mess and who becomes the bad guy? -- Mike Harris

The same in BC. The NDP ran the debt up from $13 billion to $34 billion over a 10 year period. Gordon Campbell is elected to clean up the mess and guess who becomes the bad guy? You guessed it -- Gordon Campbell!!!!!

Same old story

The NDP in Ontario virtually destroyed the province. It cost the taxpayers of Ontario $12 billion to educate Bob Rae. Mike Harris comes in to clean up the mess and who becomes the bad guy? -- Mike Harris

The same in BC. The NDP ran the debt up from $13 billion to $34 billion over a 10 year period. Gordon Campbell is elected to clean up the mess and guess who becomes the bad guy? You guessed it -- Gordon Campbell!!!!!

The BC NDP gov't ran up $13 billion in debt over ten years. They build schools, hospitals, highways, universities, and BC's population grew over a million people in that time frame.

The Liberals, in less than 3 years added $10 billion in new debt, and have closed schools and hospitals, increased taxes and user fees, and passed the provinces largest budget deficits in the history of BC...this is after assuming power in 2001 with BC's largest surplus budget that the NDP left them.

Campbell doesn't deserve to be defeated, he deserves to be in jail.

BigGunner

What about the buildings the NDP built that they didnt need too! They were told they didn't need highly reinforced floors,because computers would replace filing cabinets but they still built them. I believe some of them are still empty and never been used. Also did you forget the fast ferries ! Well I have not forgot....

Do you want to pay more taxes ? Because thats what it takes to pay more wages. I have been in government offices where there were far to many employees to do the work.

As far as Campbell goes.....

In this country you are inoccent till proven guilty!

I do not believe the NDP red headed bimo bo or James will do a better job than Campbell can.

WE have to cut back , and the NDP will only spend more of our hard earned tax money.

B.C has become a have not province because of the NDP.

This Province can not run on air!

:rolleyes:

The fortunes of the BC NDP can hardly be transferred federally.

And Gordon Campbell, as I have had the opportunity of finding out lately, is more of a Paul Martin Liberal than anything else. Yes, he has Conservatives within his coalition. But even they seem to be peeved at some of the things going on in the government.

Also, last time I checked, the NDP made BC into a have-not province. Now, isn't that a surprise. :lol:

BigGunner

What about the buildings the NDP built that they didnt need too! They were told they didn't need highly reinforced floors,because computers would replace filing cabinets but they still built them. I believe some of them are still empty and never been used. Also did you forget the fast ferries ! Well I have not forgot....

Do you want to pay more taxes ? Because thats what it takes to pay more wages. I have been in government offices where there were far to many employees to do the work.

As far as Campbell goes.....

In this country you are inoccent till proven guilty!

I do not believe the NDP red headed bimo bo or James will do a better job than Campbell can.

WE have to cut back , and the NDP will only spend more of our hard earned tax money.

B.C has become a have not province because of the NDP.

This Province can not run on air!

:rolleyes:

The average British Columbian is more upset at the fact that the Liberals sold off the fast ferries for pennies on the dollar, than the ferries themselves.

TechBC was a new university built by the NDP that the liberals closed. They gave it a paint job, and are re-opening it with a new name and they are attempting to take credit for it.

Speaking of taxes, I am paying more today than at any point under the NDP's term of office. What ever tax cut the liberals gave, they have taken far more from user fees and municipal offloading (increases my property taxes). And, I'm a non-smoker who drinks very rarely (read: Liberal tax hikes on alch/tobacco).

Campbell's "innocence"....he's a convicted drunk driver who is losening the drinking and driving rules in BC. His government is under RCMP investigation over the sale of BC Rail (which he promised never to do), had the police raid the legislature, fired legislative aides over their connection over it....

In politics, you are guilty until proven innocent. Look at Glen Clark.

Whatever calculations are used to determine have or have-not status for a province, the NDP balanced its budget with a record surplus without any assistence from a federal welfare cheque.

You are right...the province is not run on air...it is run on the blood, sweat and tears of hard working British Columbians, and they have had enough from the corrupt BC Liberal party.

Provincial Liberals are not right wing, every single one supports the federal Liberal's, not to mention the fact that they are supportive of gay marriage. Now the Reform Party of BC, that was right wing, to bad they did not win the election, or BC would actually be a nice province to live in if those damned ND's, and left wingers did'nt ruin it.