Layton wants a leaders conference

Argus

I'm not in jail, I must be functioning in society pretty good.

Could have fooled me. Try visiting a city some time.

I have enough intelligence to make a killing at what people like you wouldn't degrade themselves to doing and that must stick in the old craw. Their arrogance is my reward.

Earning large revenues to compensate for high operating costs does not equal "make a killing". It's real neat that you can operate at a level where your accounts are in the six and seven figure range, but if that means being permanently dependent on the bank and making a barely liveable income, then big deal.

More Important and meaningful endeavors, lets see what causes more chaos, if all the people in my industry shut down or all the people in your industry shut down?

Well, if people "in [my] industry" don't exist, neither do you. There's always two sides to the equation.

If it has its roots in the US then it has a connection to the way that the US allows its economy to function. In that case, why should we want a government that has the same neocon approach to our economy?

You think anyone right of Fidel Castro is a "neocon" , a term you don't understand but think of as a handy pejorative to use against the conservatives.

Harper's government has made no effort at deregulating like the US did, and which led to this problem. In fact, they have proposed a national securities commission to oversee the various stock exchanges, and they did that before the worst of this broke.

Could have fooled me. Try visiting a city some time.

Earning large revenues to compensate for high operating costs does not equal "make a killing". It's real neat that you can operate at a level where your accounts are in the six and seven figure range, but if that means being permanently dependent on the bank and making a barely liveable income, then big deal.

Well, if people "in [my] industry" don't exist, neither do you. There's always two sides to the equation.

I visit a city lots, haven't been arrested.

Except when my revenues are a lot more than my operating costs, it's a killing. My income is very liveable thank you.

What are you in the "God" industry? I am a primary producer, who do I depend on? This should be good for a laugh.

I visit a city lots, haven't been arrested.

Why should I believe you.

Except when my revenues are a lot more than my operating costs, it's a killing. My income is very liveable thank you.

And that's been happening for what? A year or two now?

What are you in the "God" industry? I am a primary producer, who do I depend on? This should be good for a laugh.

No consumers means that what you produce has no market. If you can't sell your produce, you got no income.

Can you imagine what that would be like? First, Harper would have to explain to Layton and Dion what an economy was, then how it worked, then try and explain financial mechanisms in really simple language, and how they impact the lives of ordinary Canadians. I imagine Layton and Dion frantically trying to take notes, confused looks on their faces, and Layton continually interrupting by asking why they couldn't just print more money.

Just when I thought Layton was the only one I could vote for, he does something stupid like this. While it most certainly does affect us, there is nothing any of our leaders could do to change the situation. Lame attempt Jack, you let me down.

Not really. I don't care how much money you have or the amount that you have invested in your supposed farm, you have such a low-born personality that no amount of money will ever buy you the sophistication and intellect required to function properly in civilized society. You serve one purpose in this world: to do work that the majority of people in this country wouldn't degrade themselves to doing because the have the education and intelligence to pursue more meaningful and important endeavours. Farming has always been one of the least esteemed occupations, and the fact that it is now more mechanized and "efficient" doesn't change that fact. At least the Amish have the inclination to pursue their occupation in a manner which leads them to be more thoughtful and respectful, in general more balanced and all around good people. Unlike you, they don't lose perspective of what life is all about by zealously attempting to maximize profitability and assuming large operating costs which they have to devote all their time to paying back and living in fear of that one bad harvest that will ruin it all. Personally I don't buy your bravado; I've listened to enough farmers whining and complaining about the state of farming in this country to know things are nowhere near as good as you would like people to believe.

I don't often agree with Blueblood or take their side, but wow, if this is what you honestly think of farmers, you are in the wrong nation my friend. Farmers are among the hardest workers this country has, and do not receive nearly the support they should.

Why should I believe you.

And that's been happening for what? A year or two now?

No consumers means that what you produce has no market. If you can't sell your produce, you got no income.

I don't think prisoners are allowed to go on computers

No it's been happening steady, just the profit margins are smaller and I have to find other work when I'm not farming to make extraa money.

Uh, I don't need consumers to survive, I can live like the Amish if I absolutely had to and be self sufficient. Without people like me, food acquisition/survival becomes quite the problem in your case. I'm in a little bit higher weight class than you are.