Information for the 2008 Election

shelphs

I have read about trust in this upcoming October 14, 2008 election. As most people, I am cynical and question everything politicians say. I don't make decisions based on their words but rather their actions - when possible.

Many leaders have made promises and have broken them, but when I see a party leader, a Prime Minister, and the ministers in that party blatantly distort facts and the truth, well, that concerns me. I don't support any one party, but I do support not voting Conservative.

I have compiled videos and news articles to compose two videos on the Conservative party and its politics.

If you disbelieve what you see and hear, which you probably will and should because it's so disrespectful to democracy and public opinion and empirical evidence, the sources have been cited so that you can confirm the validity of the arguments (that nothing was taken out of context) in the videos.

to view the videos, go to:

Title: The Conservative Stephen Harper Government's Anti-Drug Strategy (information

for the 2008 Canadian election)

URL:

Sources: cited at http://shelphspolitics.wordpress.com/

(there were too many sources to cite to put them in the Description field under 'more info')

Title: Stephen Harper and the Conservatives' Environmental Plan: Turning the Corner

(information for the 2008 Canadian election)

URL:

Sources: cited under 'more info' on the youtube URL above

Please read and view the cited sources before dismissing the videos. Everything contained therein is accurate, and please confirm this for yourself. After you have verified the truthfulness of my argument, please tell others - please tell others of the videos.

I have read about trust in this upcoming October 14, 2008 election. As most people, I am cynical and question everything politicians say. I don't make decisions based on their words but rather their actions - when possible.

Many leaders have made promises and have broken them, but when I see a party leader, a Prime Minister, and the ministers in that party blatantly distort facts and the truth, well, that concerns me. I don't support any one party, but I do support not voting Conservative.

I have compiled videos and news articles to compose two videos on the Conservative party and its politics.

If you disbelieve what you see and hear, which you probably will and should because it's so disrespectful to democracy and public opinion and empirical evidence, the sources have been cited so that you can confirm the validity of the arguments (that nothing was taken out of context) in the videos.

to view the videos, go to:

Title: The Conservative Stephen Harper Government's Anti-Drug Strategy (information

for the 2008 Canadian election)

URL:

Sources: cited at http://shelphspolitics.wordpress.com/

(there were too many sources to cite to put them in the Description field under 'more info')

Title: Stephen Harper and the Conservatives' Environmental Plan: Turning the Corner

(information for the 2008 Canadian election)

URL:

Sources: cited under 'more info' on the youtube URL above

Please read and view the cited sources before dismissing the videos. Everything contained therein is accurate, and please confirm this for yourself. After you have verified the truthfulness of my argument, please tell others - please tell others of the videos.

Why should I bother if I don't consider drugs and the environment to be the two most important issues of the campaign?

Or for that matter, if I don't respect the other parties as alternative choices? They might suit me better about drug and environmental issues but their approaches to the economy scare the hell out of me! I'd be able to enjoy a toke in a nice park but have no job and be too poor to feed my kids!

No thanks! I've got better things to do with my time. There's a rerun of the Borg Babe on TV. You know, Two of Huge!

and that's why the oppositions are going to flop this year.

They've made issues of things most Canadians don't care about. Stephen Harper hasn't made the environment a priority and I'm glad for it.

If politicians were SERIOUS about combatting climate change, they would be investing huge amounts of money into research for nuclear fusion and newer efficiency/material technology. Give people an alternative to polluting and let fuel prices steer them in the right direction. Don't babysit and penalize them for behaving normally so that you can come up with thinly-disguised income equalization taxes.

As for marijuana, I couldn't care less. Legalize it or don't, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to choose a party based on it nor are the majority of Canadians (who by the way don't smoke it either).

Edited by Moonbox

and that's why the oppositions are going to flop this year.

They've made issues of things most Canadians don't care about. Stephen Harper hasn't made the environment a priority and I'm glad for it.

If politicians were SERIOUS about combatting climate change, they would be investing huge amounts of money into research for nuclear fusion and newer efficiency/material technology. Give people an alternative to polluting and let fuel prices steer them in the right direction. Don't babysit and penalize them for behaving normally so that you can come up with thinly-disguised income equalization taxes.

As for marijuana, I couldn't care less. Legalize it or don't, it really doesn't matter to me. I'm not going to choose a party based on it nor are the majority of Canadians (who by the way don't smoke it either).

so, can you provide proof that the environment is not the most important issue on most canadians' minds?

so, can you provide proof that the environment is not the most important issue on most canadians' minds?

Not in this election according to a Sept. 15 poll.

Asked what subject voters most wanted the party leaders and candidates to address during the campaign, the economy was listed as the No. 1 concern by 24 per cent of respondents, while health care came in second at 17 per cent, and the environment and taxes were each listed as most important by 14 per cent of those surveyed.

Other issues were considered priorities by only a small number of respondents including poverty (six per cent), jobs and unemployment (six per cent), crime and justice (four per cent), education (four per cent) and the military and national defence (two per cent).

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/features...b7-55a44c206810

I doubt those priorities have shifted very much since that poll.

The environment could return to its place of honour after the election, but only if the economy performs well.