Lawsuit Challenges Obama's US Citizenship

Now this would be interesting if the plaintiff (of ObamaCrimes.com fame) prevails in court.....Senator Obama's "natural born" US citizenship has again come under fire, this time in the form of a lawsuit....Obama and the DNC were served on 9/4/08.

Philip J. Berg, Esquire, of Pennsylvania filed a lawsuit on Thursday seeking a Declaratory Judgement and Injunction that Barack Obama does not meet the qualifications to become President of the United States. In the lawsuit Berg alleges that Obama is not eligible for the presidency because he is not a naturalized citizen, and/or lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia, and/or has duel citizenship with Kenya and Indonesia.

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/6524

I believe that Senator Obama deserves an Alex Jones of his very own.....who will be his "Dan Rather??

Now this would be interesting if the plaintiff (of ObamaCrimes.com fame) prevails in court.....Senator Obama's "natural born" US citizenship has again come under fire, this time in the form of a lawsuit....Obama and the DNC were served on 9/4/08.

Philip J. Berg, Esquire, of Pennsylvania filed a lawsuit on Thursday seeking a Declaratory Judgement and Injunction that Barack Obama does not meet the qualifications to become President of the United States. In the lawsuit Berg alleges that Obama is not eligible for the presidency because he is not a naturalized citizen, and/or lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia, and/or has duel citizenship with Kenya and Indonesia.

I believe that Senator Obama deserves an Alex Jones of his very own.....who will be his "Dan Rather??

If I ever need a lawyer in the US, remind me not to hire that one. Frankly...

Obama was born in the US,a US citizen, from an American mother. That he may have had other citizenships would not nullify his US citizenship. Nothing in the US Constitution says anything about dual citizens being barred from the Presidency. And the lawyer launching this farce of a lawsuit also launched in the past a lawsuit against Bush, Cheney, Rice and Co. for alledgedly being the ones who committed the 9/11 attacks.

Obama was born in the US,a US citizen, from an American mother. That he may have had other citizenships would not nullify his US citizenship. Nothing in the US Constitution says anything about dual citizens being barred from the Presidency.

Maybe yes...maybe no. Some say he was born in Kenya as his American born mother couldn't travel to Hawaii. It's such great fun in the usual political dirty tricks way. The Hawaiian birth documents have some "irregularities".

And the lawyer launching this farce of a lawsuit also launched in the past a lawsuit against Bush, Cheney, Rice and Co. for alledgedly being the ones who committed the 9/11 attacks.

Right...that's why I said that Obama deserves his own Alex Jones and Dan Rather.

See the concepts of jus sanguinis and jus soli.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Guest American Woman
Maybe yes...maybe no. Some say he was born in Kenya as his American born mother couldn't travel to Hawaii.

Even if he was born in Kenya, since he was born to "his American mother," he has American citizenship by birth. As we both know, McCain was born in Panama.

Makes me wonder if you're just up to your games again since someone here predicted Obama would be found not to be a citizen as the October Surprise, or some such thing.

So pursue this if you must, I've pointed out that he is a citizen regardless of where he was born. To argue otherwise has more than a note of desperation.

Edited by American Woman

Guest American Woman
May not be necessarily the case if the parents were not married, but since he was born in Hawai, that's as irrelevant as the rest of the stupid lawsuit.

Marriage has nothing to do with it.

Who is born a United States citizen?

Generally, people are born U.S. citizens if they are born in the United States or if they are born to U.S. citizens:

(1) By being born in the United States

If you were born in the United States (including, in most cases, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), you are an American citizen at birth (unless you were born to a foreign diplomat). Your birth certificate is proof of your citizenship.

(2) Through birth abroad to TWO United States citizens

In most cases, you are a U.S. citizen if ALL of the following are true:

- Both your parents were U.S. citizens when you were born; and

- At least one of your parents lived in the United States at some point in their life.

Your record of birth abroad, if registered with a U.S. consulate or embassy, is proof of your citizenship. You may also apply for a passport to have your citizenship recognized. If you need additional proof of your citizenship, you may file a Form N-600, "Application for Certificate of Citizenship" with U.S. of Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly known as the INS) to get a Certificate of Citizenship.

(3) Through birth abroad to ONE United States citizen

- One of your parents was a U.S. citizen when you were born;

- Your citizen parent lived at least 5 years in the United States before you were born; and

- At least 2 of these 5 years in the United States were after your citizen parent's 14th birthday*.

*If you were born before November 14, 1986, you are a citizen if your U.S. citizen parent lived in the United States for at least 10 years and 5 of those years in the United States were after your citizen parent's 14th birthday.

link

Obama's mother fits all the criteria. She was a U.S. citizen when Obama was born, she lived at least ten years in the United States before Obama was born, and she lived five of those years after her 14th birthday.

I think Obama is intelligent enough, and as a lawyer knows enough about law, to know if he's an American citizen or not.

Even if he was born in Kenya, since he was born to "his American mother," he has American citizenship by birth. As we both know, McCain was born in Panama.

...to two American parents.

Makes me wonder if you're just up to your games again since someone here predicted Obama would be found not to be a citizen as the October Surprise, or some such thing.

I suppose you wonder many strange things.

So pursue this if you must, I've pointed out that he is a citizen regardless of where he was born. To argue otherwise has more than a note of desperation.

What makes you the expert...your saying so?

Marriage has nothing to do with it.

Who is born a United States citizen?

Generally, people are born U.S. citizens if they are born in the United States or if they are born to U.S. citizens:

(1) By being born in the United States

If you were born in the United States (including, in most cases, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands), you are an American citizen at birth (unless you were born to a foreign diplomat). Your birth certificate is proof of your citizenship.

(2) Through birth abroad to TWO United States citizens

- Both your parents were U.S. citizens when you were born; and

- At least one of your parents lived in the United States at some point in their life.

Your record of birth abroad, if registered with a U.S. consulate or embassy, is proof of your citizenship. You may also apply for a passport to have your citizenship recognized. If you need additional proof of your citizenship, you may file a Form N-600, "Application for Certificate of Citizenship" with U.S. of Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly known as the INS) to get a Certificate of Citizenship.

(3) Through birth abroad to ONE United States citizen

- One of your parents was a U.S. citizen when you were born;

- Your citizen parent lived at least 5 years in the United States before you were born; and

- At least 2 of these 5 years in the United States were after your citizen parent's 14th birthday*.

*If you were born before November 14, 1986, you are a citizen if your U.S. citizen parent lived in the United States for at least 10 years and 5 of those years in the United States were after your citizen parent's 14th birthday.

link

Obama's mother fits all the criteria. She was a U.S. citizen when Obama was born, she lived at least ten years in the United States before Obama was born, and she lived five of those years after her 14th birthday.

I think Obama is intelligent enough, and as a lawyer knows enough about law, to know if he's an American citizen or not.

In two court case, miller vs Albright and Nguyen vs INS, the Courts have found that children born overseas to unmarried parents, one being American and one not being an American citizen,is not himself/herself an American citizen unless paternity is established beofre a certain age (which various depending on which paent is the US citizen)

the Nguyen vs IRS decision

Mind you, Obama was born in the US.

So is Canada's Governor General...so there!
You need to get yoru facts straight: http://www.gg.ca/gg/fgg/bios/03/index_e.asp
Born in Hong Kong in 1939, Madame Clarkson came to Canada as a refugee with her family, during the war in 1942.
If someone is granted citizenship then they are entitled to all rights - creating two tiers of citizenship based on one's place of birth is incompatible with the principals of an egalitarian democracy. Until now the US rule is not a big deal but if it is possible to deny Obama the right to occupy the position based on a technically then the rule needs to go. (keep in mind I am not convinced I want Obama to win). Edited by Riverwind

You need to get yoru facts straight: http://www.gg.ca/gg/fgg/bios/03/index_e.asp

If someone is granted citizenship then they are entitled to all rights - creating two tiers of citizenship based on one's place of birth is incompatible with the principals of an egalitarian democracy.

Clarkson??

Guest American Woman
In two court case, miller vs Albright and Nguyen vs INS, the Courts have found that children born overseas to unmarried parents, one being American and one not being an American citizen,is not himself/herself an American citizen unless paternity is established beofre a certain age (which various depending on which paent is the US citizen)

the Nguyen vs IRS decision

Mind you, Obama was born in the US.

Again, Obama's mother was the American citizen. It makes sense that paternity would have to be established when the mother isn't the American citizen, but there's no question of whether or not she's his mother. She was pregnant. She gave birth. She's an American citizen. Therefore, since she meets all the criteria I cited, Obama is an American citizen regardless of where she gave birth.

Edited by American Woman

BC tried to claim that GGs have to be born in Canada. The Clarkson example proves him wrong. I am not comparing Obama to Clarkson.

Nonsense....I retorted on the GG concept in general (pun intended), not his/her citizenship. If you don't like the US Constitution as written and amended, tough noogies. I don't give a damn what Canada does in this regard.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Again, Obama's mother was the American citizen. It makes sense that paternity would have to be established when the mother isn't the American citizen, but there's no question of whether or not she's his mother. She was pregnant. She gave birth. She's an American citizen. Therefore, since she meets all the criteria I cited, Obama is an American citizen regardless of where she gave birth.

Actually you are right. Doesn't matter anyway, he was born in the US.

Edited by CANADIEN

I'm not sure if this is the same guy I heard on "CoasttocoastAM" formerly the Art Bell radio show, but there was a guy about a month ago that said he was going to go after Obama's birth certificate and that he wasn't a US citizen. I guess if Obama wasn't in Nam they have to go after his citizenship!

Wasn't this the same guy/twit who sued Bush and Cheney saying they were responsible for 9/11 and should be arrested ?