The God Thing

gullyfourmyle

I must have been your choice of words or the colour of your eyes. Doesn't WIP stand for Women In Power? Either way, no offence intended.

But now my curiosity is peaked...

No, it actually stands for workinprogress, but I chose WIP for my screen name because on a previous forum I got so many responces that abbreviated it to wip -- I guess they thought it was too long. Maybe the Women In Power assumption comes from taking a strong position in favour of women's rights. I've been married over 20 years, but I am most likely to side with feminists, except for the extemists on the radical fringe.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW thanks for the Celestia link. I have an old Starrynight program that I haven't run in a few years, celestia looks like it has a lot more options.

Much better...

-------------------------------

Should you leave these rooms, you will not by any chance go to sleep in any other parts of the castle. It is old and has many bad memories. Be warned.

---Dracula

• 2 weeks later...
O contrare. He rejected Judaism and its power and ultimately that is why he was murdered.

Let us get real. Provide the proof that Jesus rejected Judaism. You made a sweeping theological statement now back it up.

The statement is based on a classic anti-semitic phallacy.

Get this straight. There is ZERO I repeat ZERO record of Jesus existing. ZERO. Anything attributed to having been said by him as is the case with his existence is heresay. More to the point the Bible which is a series of edited manuscripts of writings that were written by unknown people then rewritten and rewritten again are not first hand comments by Jesus just what humans wrote down they thought he would have said.

If there was a Jesus he would have been a Rabbia. Its also highly likely he travelled to India and learned his medicine their and likewise would have studied Hinduism and Buddism and probably found both disciplines extremely compatible with the Talmud.

Nothing in what Jesus is alleged to have preached is anything different then what is taught in the Talmud, and in Hinduism and Buddism.

The notion of a Rabbia claiming he was the son of God is a man made story. For all you know he said he was A son of God and we are all sons and daughters of Gid.

Religious discussions end up like this. People assuming truth based on their own faith beliefs.

The rejection you speak of began and it ends with humans convinced they are right and anyone else who does not think like them is wrong.

As for the Golden Rule comment, it is the kind of cheap smarmy anti-semitic comment I am coming to expect from its originator.

Edited by Rue

• 4 years later...

This thread ended years ago but I thought I'd add to it with some stuff I forgot to put in back then.

Before I started this thread I had already done a comparison of major religions around the world by entering key tenets of each into a chart. I was looking for common features that would point to a common source. So I started with the normal things like whether or not the religion reserved a holy day each week, had a devil entity and so on. After the chart was done it was pretty easy to see that there are no fundamental differences between any of today's dominant religions. I included aboriginal belief systems as well for perspective.

Of them all the aboriginal belief systems were the oldest and the most closely aligned with modern day science. Hinduism was next and the rest flounder in delusion. The worst is Christianity from a science perspective and there are a couple of lines in Genesis that are the bedrock for the environmental destruction that civilization as brought on.

The end game for all that environmental destruction is in Revelations. with the advent of the Four Horsemen.

To digress a bit, it later occurred to me that all religions including the aboriginals have another commonality and that is they are all based on the intent to ensure that women are repressed in subservient positions to the point where they are owned as property. There is no exception to this. This is such a powerful tenet in all religions that is has to be the foundational concept. The notion of a God was a red herring and those who formed the very earliest religions knew it.

No doubt the odd unexplainable thing happened so that they came to believe their own dogma but in the beginning there were a few lazy men who needed a beast of burden that could think for itself and follow direction unquestionably. When there were questions they were dealt with harshly. Women had to be kept in their places so men would be free to conduct their affairs without women interjecting common sense.

gullyfourmyle