RCMP raids Tory party headquarters

Boy what a fun forum that one is... Pretty exciting when everyone is standing around agreeing with each other. I see there's paranoia in spades over there too. Do you guys get scared when you are outside alone?

That makes the points made any less valid...if so how?

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, an attack on EC for shopping around for a Liberal judge, and a possible relocation of a court, to a more Liberally sympathetic area.

Citation for this claim? Show me that a judge was shopped for. Who makes that claim besides you?

It has also been stated on various news channels and by people who have seen such things, that the parties have done the same thing, even Dion himself.

Elections Canada audited the Tories and found that only they have breached the rules.

The party's position is still that the source of the funds didn't matter, everything was done above board and completely in accordance with the rules. Elections Canada is now disagreeing, but they seem to have a biased

stake in this matter. The courts will decide based on evidence, and more knowledge of the matter than we do. For the most part this is all spin by yourself and others of the same ilk.

And yours will take a desperate turn, I'm sure, if the court agrees that the rules were broken. I'm sure we'll hear even more whining and Tory shouts that they are being picked on by evil media, civil servants and Opposition parties.

If at the end of the day we are found offside of prior interpretations of the rules we will adjust our practices accordingly and expect all other parties to play by the same rules.[/i]

That good response will fall to pieces if charges are laid against the party.

Edited by jdobbin

The Liberals had their own "ina and out" scheme involving those volunteers. Why was this not investigated by EC?

All Liberals were audited like all candidates in the election. Only Tories were found to have been in possible violation.

All Liberals were audited like all candidates in the election. Only Tories were found to have been in possible violation.

"Possible" everyone here and in the media has already found them guilty. You mean these allegations haven't yet been proven to be true?

"Possible" everyone here and in the media has already found them guilty. You mean these allegations haven't yet been proven to be true?

Did you at any time say that allegations against Ralph Goodale were yet to proven true or did you shout in glee and say that he was guilty? We certainly know many Tories in the election implied he was guilty.

On one thing, Elections Canada noticed problem with the Cons BEFORE the Cons law suit. Thy didn't want the truth to come out yet so they decded to tie it up in court for a while. There's TWO different actions going on here. One, the Cons went over 1.2 Mil on their spending and then the way then did the "in and out" shifting of money. The Cons at the top knew they were wrong in doing what they did because Tuesday, on CBC, a Con, from Quebec said he told the party rep. that phone him to tell him they were going to put 14,000.00 in his account for one day and then pull it out the next day. He told them that wasn't legal and he didn't want any part of that and he was told don't worry about it WE'LL take of it on this end!!! It was also reported that 50,000 votes could have put the Martin gov't back in a minority gov't instead of Harper. I still think the Libs are smart to give the Cons time to hang themselves with all scandals and wrong doings surfing!!

They overspent their own money...hardly Sponsergate's $250 million by the Liberals.

I love how the media and the Liberals are trying to hype this thing against the CPC up so much. Just so they can say... see look, they are as corrupt as we are. Now vote us back in so we can go back to stealing your money...

Also I love how the Liberals are allowed to take out "loans" that are never repaid or is the money asked to be repaid.

Edited by Qwerty

It is clear they only care when the liberals steal the tax payers money they don't care when their party does it.

Whether the money was spent at the federal or local level it was still present, it still would have been spent, and the Tories still would have gotten the rebate. There is no profit motive here.

Whether the money was spent at the federal or local level it was still present, it still would have been spent, and the Tories still would have gotten the rebate. There is no profit motive here.

It would appear the motive was not to waste the money in local campaigns but to move it to national campaign spending often without really informing the local candidate about what was happening. It is why many Tories running thought it was a little sketchy.

It is a whole lot of sketchy if invoices were changed to make it possible.

I wonder where the money came from to bribe the former candidates and the EC?

Maybe they promised lots of kickbacks if they get back to office. After all they can steal $250 million and only be out of power for 4 years right? So to the Liberal mind it's worth it.

Edited by Qwerty

You know, it seems to me that we KNOW that the money the Liberals stole from the taxpayer went into their campaign - under the table. Did Elections Canada ever issue warrants to check into that? We heard that the Liberals gave judges robes to lawyers who provided them with free services during the election. Did Elections Canada ever look into that? Ever issue any warrants? Wonder why not.

Clearly there is if what was spent was $1M over the limit.

As usual, you misunderstand. It was not over the limit had it been used locally. Had the Tories thought that it was illegal to use this money federally, they would have used it there.

As usual, you misunderstand. It was not over the limit had it been used locally. Had the Tories thought that it was illegal to use this money federally, they would have used it there.

You're right.. I misunderstood.

As a result, the party overspent its election budget by $1.1 million in contravention of election law, the watchdog says. As well, it alleges, the party knowingly filed election financial returns that contained false and misleading statements.

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/417316

Edited by Shakeyhands

The question is why did the Tories think if they put the money in a local account then pulled it out to spend it federally it would be counted as local spending?

The problem here is the other parties don't do this. That is the Conservatives are in hott water, and trying to spin this.

Richard Warman will be taking me to the CHRC soon I'm sure in his holy crusade to outlaw right wing politics. Don't worry punked Conservatism will be against the law in a few years than you can turn Canada into whatever your heart desires and can be dictator of Canada forever like Cuba.

Edited by Qwerty

Obviously you didn't read the court documents provided by scribblet.

Yes I did it is full of spin. They do not accuse the other parties of what they have done they say things like "similar" and so fourth so they could later use this to show they are being signalled out. The accusations of other parties doing an "in and out schemes" is just an in scheme that is they charge other parties of diverting funds to people who have not reached their limit to spend till their limit. THIS IS NOT WHAT THE TORIES DID. They gave money to people who didn't reach their cap only to pull that money out and use it else where, where the limit was reached and said it had been spent in the ridings it was not spent. Maybe you should read the document carefully you will see they accuse no other party of what they have done they accuse them of doing things "kinda maybe like it sorta." SPIN

Yes I did it is full of spin. They do not accuse the other parties of what they have done they say things like "similar" and so fourth so they could later use this to show they are being signalled out. The accusations of other parties doing an "in and out schemes" is just an in scheme that is they charge other parties of diverting funds to people who have not reached their limit to spend till their limit. THIS IS NOT WHAT THE TORIES DID. They gave money to people who didn't reach their cap only to pull that money out and use it else where, where the limit was reached and said it had been spent in the ridings it was not spent. Maybe you should read the document carefully you will see they accuse no other party of what they have done they accuse them of doing things "kinda maybe like it sorta." SPIN

Everything that doesn't come from the media is spin. The media and the LPC website are the only gospel. Courts lie according to punked.

Everything that doesn't come from the media is spin. The media and the LPC website are the only gospel. Courts lie according to punked.

Apparently......but it is to be expected, from those types ignorance is bliss, and if you try to educate them on the subject they put their fingers in their ears.